57 table tournament room opening in Statesville NC

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
30 minutes, maybe not that many. But within an hour, there are a ton (Greensboro, Winston Salem, Charlotte metro).

You forgot Mooresville. The above cities aren't far outside of 30 minutes. Certainly closer to 30 than 60. Definitely close enough to drive for weekly tournaments

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Do you think a pool room can draw people from an hour away, (on a regular basis)?

I'm sure they will do fine with regional and annual events and such but I don't think pool leaguers will travel one hour to play at a pool room. In our area, it seems that people don't want to travel 30 minutes to get to a pool room.

Thanks,
JoeyA

It depends on what type of league it is. An IN-HOUSE money league might draw crowds. 8 ball, 9 ball, and 10 ball on a different night each week. American Rotation one night. APA one night. BCA one night. Running mini tournaments each night would help too. The options with this many tables is limitless. Monthly memberships. Weekly memberships.

I drive 45 minutes to play. 4 other people on my team drive 45 minutes to an hour to play league. It's all about the table conditions.......and Mr. Mike here is golden in that area.

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
Believe me when I say I did my homework on this room. I spent 4 years dreaming about this room and everything was well thought out.
I'm not a gambler. This is my 5th business and I have never failed.
I have God on my side and I go where he leads me. God tells me what to do and I trust him with everything he has blessed me with.
This room is a new concept and I'd all goes as planned you will see a few more pop up over the next few years.
I thank God for this opportunity.
A big thank you to Greg Sullivan for believing in my concept.
You all don't know how many big time promoters have already contacted me to schedule some big events. Let me say this...many many big things are coming this way. The players will be the winners.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Believe me when I say I did my homework on this room. I spent 4 years dreaming about this room and everything was well thought out.
I have God on my side and I go where he leads me. God tells me what to do and I trust him with everything he has blessed me with.
This room is a new concept and I'd all goes as planned you will see a few more pop up over the next few years.
You all don't know how many big time promoters have already contacted me to schedule some big events. Let me say this...many many big things are coming this way. The players will be the winners.

I love your attitude and continue to wish you all the best in this most impressive endeavor. :thumbup::cool::thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
You all don't know how many big time promoters have already contacted me to schedule some big events. Let me say this...many many big things are coming this way. The players will be the winners.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see it go one step further....''the game will be the winner''. When that happens, everyone within our industry will be better off.

Physiqz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope your weekend tournaments do not start too early, I usually get off at 5 and would drive the 2 hrs from Columbia, SC just to play.

We pretty much have Grady's pool room and that is about it, besides Jillians.

Island Drive

Silver Member

Mike, words to the wise. Keep all your original notes and ideas that planted the mind seed' to make your idea become a reality. Why??? Because, when you get down the road a year or so, one becomes soooooooooooo involved with their current business situations and issues and concerns, that is easy to lose sight of your original dream. Go back from time to time and look/go over your original ideas and thoughts, because from within may be an idea or two that you might of forgot....it could be the idea that ''clinches'' the business plan.

Island Drive

Silver Member

Delete.....dbl post.

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member

Man, that's great...maybe you'll get the Carolina Classic? Your new room (really an emporium!) is going to rank up there with the best...never seen so many Diamonds in once place anywhere. Who's going to be your house pro?

marcoelslager

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great room

The pictures look awesome! Good luck with your new room.

One concern looking at the pictures is dedicated walkways and enough tables for groups of people ordering food and drinks. I can already see a full house and a group of 6 walking through all those pool tables.

I feel one of the biggest mistakes owners make is putting too many pool tables in and not enough sitting tables for larger groups to feel comfortable.

Maybe its just the pictures, I'm sure with your experience and Greg behind your venture this has been discussed.

Good luck even though not your first rodeo its still a gamble!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I am excited for you because I believe you have done your due diligence and you obviously have the passion for the game and many other things going in your favor for this to be a success for you and your daughter.

Best wishes from way down south.

JoeyA

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I could have fit 80 tables in here.
Tables are strategically placed to make room for team play.. Remember also yor only looking at pool room .
There is 6000 more sq ft for bar and dining not including 2500 sq ft kids game room.
Thanks for the concers but homework is done in almost all aspects.

Attachments

• IMG_20150610_124726244.jpg
    IMG_20150610_124726244.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 168

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
A kids game room combined with the rest of the things you offer just might be the benchmark needed to propel pool forward. If I am ever out your way, I will be sure and visit.

Just curious. Is the kids game room going to have pool tables separate from the main pool room?

JoeyA

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I could have fit 80 tables in here.
Tables are strategically placed to make room for team play.. Remember also yor only looking at pool room .
There is 6000 more sq ft for bar and dining not including 2500 sq ft kids game room.
Thanks for the concers but homework is done in almost all aspects.

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
A kids game room combined with the rest of the things you offer just might be the benchmark needed to propel pool forward. If I am ever out your way, I will be sure and visit.

Just curious. Is the kids game room going to have pool tables separate from the main pool room?

JoeyA
I have 2 areas for under age. The 14 7 foots in front room plus 6-10 Valleys in arcade.

Mike Chandley

CHANDLEY'S CHALK AND CUE
Silver Member
The other concept is seating for teams.
When they play leagues on 9 ft through the week tables will be positioned for both teams to be able to sit and watch match. Losing a few bar tables won't hurt through the week.
If it's a bar table event I can turn tables for seating the other way.
Many hour of thought went into planning this room.

Attachments

• IMG_20150730_124532440.jpg
    IMG_20150730_124532440.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20150730_124656702.jpg
    IMG_20150730_124656702.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 160