626 is it legit?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
These topics have both been discussed here many times.

It was an 8-foot table with large pockets. Some say it is harder to run balls on that compared to a 9-foot table and some say it is easier.

He missed the six ball on the 527th ball of the run. He did not just quit although he may have been tired. In later years, Willie said on at least one occasion that he "just got tired". Eye witness accounts say he missed and his autobiography says so as well, as shown here:

View attachment 575827

Here's the autobiography:

View attachment 575828
Ok now where is the evidence that the 526 has in fact been surpassed? (unedited tape proof) = out of sight. Steak 'n' shake said 'if it's out in sight it must be right'. Charlie Rich said 'know one knows what goes on behind closed doors'. both Charlie Rich and steak n' shake are correct. as for bca that can only = hidden bureaucratic corruption - in the form of tryin' steal a long standing American Pocket Billiard record - without providing verifiable evidence. I think the movie that they showed Bob was edited, how come there is no unedited 626 tape available for the public to view? Answer = bca/j.s./pred cue/ hall of fame corruption.

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Ok now where is the evidence that the 526 has in fact been surpassed (unedited tape proof) = out of sight. Steak 'n' shake said 'if it's out in sight it must be right'. Charlie Rich said 'know one knows what goes on behind closed doors'. both Charlie Rich and steak n' shake are correct. as for bca that can only = hidden bureaucratic corruption - in the form of tryin' steal a long standing American Pocket Billiard record - without providing verifiable evidence. I think the movie that they showed Bob was edited, how come there is no unedited 626 tape available for the public to view? Answer = bca/j.s./pred cue/ hall of fame corruption.
Is there inherent tension in this argument/conclusion? I may be missing something, but it seems like the premise may be flawed? Or maybe the analysis. In particular, isn't the same governing body somehow the protagonist and the antagonist in this fact pattern? That is, the BCA certified Mosconi's 526 in 1954 [which is accepted], but then the BCA "certifying" Schmidt's 626 [in 2019] is disputed. Or is the issue that the new BCA is corrupt, but the old BCA was beyond reproach? Or something else?

-td

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Is there inherent tension in this argument/conclusion? I may be missing something, but it seems like the premise may be flawed? Or maybe the analysis. In particular, isn't the same governing body somehow the protagonist and the antagonist in this fact pattern? That is, the BCA certified Mosconi's 526 in 1954 [which is accepted], but then the BCA "certifying" Schmidt's 626 [in 2019] is disputed. Or is the issue that the new BCA is corrupt, but the old BCA was beyond reproach? Or something else?

-td
There is nothing wrong with the BCA. Danny doesn't like John. Simple. So all of his comments and judgments are tainted.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d like to know what ever happened to that 8’ table Willie ran his 526. I’d like to believe somebody held onto it.

There used to be an old creaky 4x8 with huge pockets in the very back of Suzi-Cue in Columbus, tucked away from all the Gold Crown I’s and bar boxes. I like to think that was the table from Springfield that Mosconi ran his 526, but probably not.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’d like to know what ever happened to that 8’ table Willie ran his 526. I’d like to believe somebody held onto it.

There used to be an old creaky 4x8 with huge pockets in the very back of Suzi-Cue in Columbus, tucked away from all the Gold Crown I’s and bar boxes. I like to think that was the table from Springfield that Mosconi ran his 526, but probably not.
As I've related before, perhaps in this thread, George Rood was a later owner of the room in Springfield. I met him at DCC in 2007. He said with a little twinkle in his eye that three different people believed they owned that table.;)

Nikrnic

I never thought the day would come and by exactly 100 balls, how weird is that. Oh well if he didn't choke on 527 why not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never thought the day would come and by exactly 100 balls, how weird is that. Oh well if he didn't choke on 527 why not....
How weird that Mosconi tied Irving Crane at exactly 309 for an earlier record? And that Schmidt's record was set on Memorial Day, which was 5/27?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
How weird that Mosconi tied Irving Crane at exactly 309 for an earlier record? And that Schmidt's record was set on Memorial Day, which was 5/27?
u must mean - bca'/csi's 'chopped video' instead of 'record'. As u know bob unless were talking about the old 45's - records are based off of scientific factual evidence - u do not have that - or at or at least not offering as evidence to general public?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member

-td
u have changed yer premise? In yer earlier post (looks like u deleted i.e. covering yer tracks) u mentioned 'it's just the way of the world' and or blamed bca not showing the pubic the tape or offering it for sale to the public - I think u said 'chalk it up to human nature'. Now u have many questions - they must have briefed u a bit, it is a better approach for u I think to ask many questions about the bca's legitimacy than to elude (as u did in a prior post) that they may be corrupt and or blaming them hiding the tape on 'the way of the world'.

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Actually yer a liar and a coward, just the way of the world 4 u. Big mistake4 u to talk about beating someone over the head ( threatening physical violence towards me - gets reported). U would be throwing yer hat in the 'pool' if u talked to me in person that way corrupt bca/csi puppet.
So now you're just making things up and saying people are threatening you? You should set up another match with John. With your current mental state, I'm sure the match will have a record amount of viewers.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
So now you're just making things up and saying people are threatening you? You should set up another match with John. With your current mental state, I'm sure the match will have a record amount of viewers.
I guess I misread - so u may disregard that message. I had u confused with some other fake news cataylst pj in chicago - yer all the same to me. I will not say I am sorry 2 any fake news catalyst's - that would not be genuine - I try to be genuine - even among cowards and fake news reporters.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Personally, I'm on the fence about John Schmidt's 626-ball run.

Do I believe that Schmidt, or any of the "witnesses", are lying about the feat? No, not necessarily.

However, I'm not the type of person that just blindly believes word of mouth. Without seeing something for myself, I simply chalk it up as talk.

Furthermore, the fact that there's 'allegedly' video proof of the amazing run, yet nobody will release it, does raise a little suspicion. I mean, if I did something so impressive, I'd make sure the whole world saw it/knew it!

Bottom line: I don't doubt it could have happened. I'll believe it when I see it. None the less, even if Schmidt's claims are completely true, I still find Willie Mosconi's 526-ball run in 1954 far more impressive - given the old tables; cushions; conditions; traditional high-deflection tip, ferrule, shaft, joint, cue; etc. And, the fact that his historic accomplishment stood unmatched for at least 65 years.
This is non bias and honest response - thanks for your post 8 ball Eddie.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member

-td
ya u probly due' inherit some tension - yes yer missing honesty - I can tell yer law - knucklhead. No unedited proof of the 626 = corrupt bureaucratic entities i.e bca - doin business as usual.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi not beating Cranes record of 309 on a 5x10 must have really pissed him off given his ferocious competitive nature.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi not beating Cranes record of 309 on a 5x10 must have really pissed him off given his ferocious competitive nature.
This is an interesting thought and I'm glad you made this post.

Totally agree with you, anyone at the top of the heap HAS to have a ferocious competitive nature.

Did you watch the ESPN documentary "The Last Dance"? They did an amazing job of communicating what an absolute competitive monster Michael Jordan was (still is) during their NBA dynasty. I imagine Mosconi was like that as well.

If you didn't see The Last Dance, watch it. You won't regret it.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
u have changed yer premise? In yer earlier post (looks like u deleted i.e. covering yer tracks) u mentioned 'it's just the way of the world' and or blamed bca not showing the pubic the tape or offering it for sale to the public - I think u said 'chalk it up to human nature'. Now u have many questions - they must have briefed u a bit, it is a better approach for u I think to ask many questions about the bca's legitimacy than to elude (as u did in a prior post) that they may be corrupt and or blaming them hiding the tape on 'the way of the world'.
All my posts remain where they were. Apparently your "hawk" eyes missed them in the multitude of other threads...

Isn't it interesting that the way of the world keeps playing out just as I noted - even in your commentary. Irony.

-td

Edit: just so you don't continue to make baseless accusations, and because your "hawk" eyes apparently don't equate to elephant memory: https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/is-schmidts-and-charlie-626-legit.506237/post-6784419

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
ya u probly due' inherit some tension - yes yer missing honesty - I can tell yer law - knucklhead. No unedited proof of the 626 = corrupt bureaucratic entities i.e bca - doin business as usual.
It's interesting that you respond multiple time to the same post - apparently you needed extra time to respond. I know a lot of folks that need to get another word in on the same point. I still find it amusing that you continue to underscore my point regarding the way of the world.

Also, your constant resort to ad hominem attacks illustrates the weakness in your position.

-td

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It's interesting that you respond multiple time to the same post - apparently you needed extra time to respond. I know a lot of folks that need to get another word in on the same point. I still find it amusing that you continue to underscore my point regarding the way of the world.

Also, your constant resort to ad hominem attacks illustrates the weakness in your position.

-td

-td
actually the bca and j.s + anyone else who tries to add credit to the hidden 626 video (not for sale) is in a much weaker position than myself. I base facts off of scientific evidence - this has nothing to do with the way of the world, as u no' trust and verifiy can and should be placed in different contexts. :-0

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
All my posts remain where they were. Apparently your "hawk" eyes missed them in the multitude of other threads...

Isn't it interesting that the way of the world keeps playing out just as I noted - even in your commentary. Irony.

-td

Edit: just so you don't continue to make baseless accusations, and because your "hawk" eyes apparently don't equate to elephant memory: https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/is-schmidts-and-charlie-626-legit.506237/post-6784419
I am not tech savvy, yes my eyes are super sharp - no need for reading glasses - I can also see through the bca's/j.s. smoke and mirror show. Hollywood has been caught in the act of trying to steal the greatest American Sport Pocket Billiard Record - I hope they hire u as their lawyer - u and them are going to fail in yer worthless pursuit - Mosconi's 526 stands as the current World 14.1 Record. Also u may get to find out more about 'The Way Of Yer World' in yer futerror'.

Gman***

Legit

No UNBIASED WITNESS(es). Run started at 10:00AM and ended at 2:07PM. Business was only open to public @ 1:00PM. No one, unbiased, could have seen more than one hour, seven minutes of the run. All affidavit signees were biased with six out of the eight signees being JS team members. STILL ONLY QUALIFIES AS A PRACTICE RUN, nothing to do with 14.1 Straight Pool/Continuous. TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
I would think if a record is made like that one , It wouldn’t be without witnesses or a referee and not made in a personal space . Wow that’s a huge number !