9-ball dumped ..UPA now 10-ball boys

9BallBust-O

Draw that Rock
Silver Member
I guess there was some debate with nine ball and soft breaking becoming to easy so now its 10 ball, by player vote. What do you all think about this?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
GREAT!
First they made an anti-soft break rule. 3 balls have to pass the side pocket.
Then they made it alternating break.
But, there were still a lot of blowouts b/c the pockets were huge on those Metro tables.
10-ball should be more competitive imo.

9BallBust-O

Draw that Rock
Silver Member
Im glad to see that it hasnt bothered Corey, looks like he is coming along great in this tournament.
I agree - get it on TV. I have never seen a pro 10 ball tournament.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Corey plays great 9, 10, 12-ball and rotation and I hear his one-pocket game isn't too bad either ;)

9BallBust-O

Draw that Rock
Silver Member
Oh yeah hes got a one pocket game ... Ive never seen him play anything but 9 ball and 1-hole. I would imagine that a player like him can play just about game perfectly. He says - quote " I cant bank " but I find that hard to believe!! =)

How do you rack 12 balls?

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is this info coming from? The UPA is only a sanctioning body. For example, if they refused to sanction the US Open because it's 9-ball not 10-ball, the show would still go on. The players just wouldn't earn ranking points. I don't understand. Please explain.

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

10 ball rack with one ball between 1 and 2nd ball in the last row and another between the 3rd and 4th, so last row has two balls spaced apart. Strange looking rack, but easy to do. I was practicing 12 ball last night and had people ask me what the hell was I playing with the strange rack. It will sharpen your position.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Deadon said:

10 ball rack with one ball between 1 and 2nd ball in the last row and another between the 3rd and 4th, so last row has two balls spaced apart. Strange looking rack, but easy to do. I was practicing 12 ball last night and had people ask me what the hell was I playing with the strange rack. It will sharpen your position.
It will definately help your 9 ball game.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
How about playing 10 ball using a 15 ball rack? The other five balls would just be used for interference and tougher breaks.

karambolista

noypi toits
Silver Member
9BallBust-O said:
Oh yeah hes got a one pocket game ... Ive never seen him play anything but 9 ball and 1-hole. I would imagine that a player like him can play just about game perfectly. He says - quote " I cant bank " but I find that hard to believe!! =)

I've seen him play 1 pocket and he plays good too because of his cue ball control but he does it with an unorthodox break - he breaks like it was an 8-ball rack. When interviewed, he said that he does not like the safeties and all that grinding in 1 pocket, and he just want to go offensive.

9BallBust-O

Draw that Rock
Silver Member
Everytime I have seen Deuel play 1 hole he has used a soft break. Now I did hear that when he first started playing be broke hard... I didnt think he did that any longer

jjinfla

Banned
9BallBust-O said:
I guess there was some debate with nine ball and soft breaking becoming to easy so now its 10 ball, by player vote. What do you all think about this?

Are you saying this because this tournament is 10 ball or because all the UPA games in the future will be 10 ball and not 9-ball?

As far as I know this is really just a Florida Pro Tour stop that is being sanctioned by the UPA. The Florida Pro Tour has been playing 10 ball for the past two years.

Jake

karambolista

noypi toits
Silver Member
TheBook said:
How about playing 10 ball using a 15 ball rack? The other five balls would just be used for interference and tougher breaks.

That's an interesting game, though there might be a lot of safeties because of the extra balls.

lewdo26

Registered User will do
Silver Member
10 ball *is* great news. With a possible revival of straight pool, the IPT, and the DCC one pocket event, pool is much richer for it.

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
10 ball -- woohoo! I hope it eventually trickles down to the amateurs. I'm so tired of trying to get that 9 ball tight enough so that it doesn't fly around on the break.

Hey Bust-O, is that a type-o in your "custom user title"? I think it should be IPT, or is there also something called an ITP? (Sorry not trying to be a jack-***, really trying to be helpful) :)

NaClBandit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
prophesy

Let's not forget who said it first...

Attachments

• JoeTSignature.JPG
    JoeTSignature.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 206