A Request From AZB for Active Sellers

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Jerry I have talked in the past that it would be nice if anyone looking to sell in here had a Gold Membership to post in this forum. I also think another suggestion is having sub forums when you click on the Wanted/For Sale so it is easier to find what you are looking for, maybe Cues, Cases, DVD/Books, Accessories and whatnot, possibly even make it searchable based on price like on Craigslist so if you got a $100 burning a whole in your pocket you can search for everything in your price range. I appreciate all you and Mike do, it is a great forum. Let me know if you guys need any DVDs and I will donate some for the club member giveaways. :smile:

Hey Lenny, that's not a bad idea! Another forum I frequent, www.bladeforums.com, has a similar policy, you must become a paid member to post in the for sale section. It definitely keeps out the clutter and trash.
For sure creating sub-forums would be a great way to sort through the funk!

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
Jerry I have talked in the past that it would be nice if anyone looking to sell in here had a Gold Membership to post in this forum. I also think another suggestion is having sub forums when you click on the Wanted/For Sale so it is easier to find what you are looking for, maybe Cues, Cases, DVD/Books, Accessories and whatnot, possibly even make it searchable based on price like on Craigslist so if you got a $100 burning a whole in your pocket you can search for everything in your price range. I appreciate all you and Mike do, it is a great forum. Let me know if you guys need any DVDs and I will donate some for the club member giveaways. :smile:

To quote the Guinness commercials:

"Brilliant!!!"

I spend JUST A LITTLE BIT of time on the FS section...and having sub-forums would be awesome. I don't hunt for books, DVDs, or shaft burnishers much....and a good chunk of the FS section has these items. Subsections for different items would help me maximize the number of cues I can look at (and not afford) in a day.

Mark <----all about time management

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I sent Jerry a pm earlier about a Platinum Membership where you could bump every 24 hrs instead of 48. We shall see.

40% of the sellers are abusing the 48-hour bump rule in some fashion anyway.
I don't know about a "platinum" membership, but I have always felt that a gold membership should be required to sell on AZ.
I don't like the guys who try to tell us what other forums do with their for sale section, but it is common to require a gold type
membership to sell on large forums like AZ.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
332   0   0
This was a simple decision for me some years back. I was buying and selling on ebay and all I can say is YUCK!!! Not so much on the buying but the seller pretty much has to bend over and take it while paying ebay for the "pleasure".
My experiences here are far more positive and professional with the added benefit of making some great contacts and friends. This is an actual community and my yearly membership does a small part to allow that community to survive.
If that isn't enough for ya then consider this:
Sell 10 cues a year on ebay and you have ebay fees+paypal fees+absolute ebay/paypal control over your 10 listings along with a feedback system that does not allow for public exposure of a less than honest buyer. Obviously ebay's market is much larger and thus...a venue that may need to be used from time to time to pick up a cue or sell a cue that wont move here.
Sell 10 cues a year here and you have a $35.00 non mandatory yearly membership dues+paypal fees+ a fair I-Trade system along with a highly knowlegeable pool community that is more than willing to give advice or help police bad buyers and sellers.
The system as a whole for Az buyers and sellers is not perfect (nothing is) but it's a no brainer in my book when compared to ebay and the $35.00 is a small price to pay in comparison

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
IF, IF, IF.
Just go ahead and pay. It is less than a $4 per month. With your iTrader I am sure it is not going to break your bank.
There is always an excuse for not paying - oh if that was this and this was that.....STOP!!!!! All that B.S. is nothing more than excuse for not paying and not wanting to pay.
The man(Jerry) is struggling here and what do you do? Whine, whine and whine.
TYPICAL.!

Lol, what have I ever whined about before? feel free to pm me as not to "bump" this "sales" thread. :thumbup:

And I have no problem paying, like I said, but I would want a direct answer to some of my concerns, but obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit.:thumbup:

Oh, BTW PLEASE dont STEAL any of my cues

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Lol, what have I ever whined about before? feel free to pm me as not to "bump" this "sales" thread. :thumbup:

And I have no problem paying, like I said, but I would want a direct answer to some of my concerns, but obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit.:thumbup:

Oh, BTW PLEASE dont STEAL any of my cues

My reading comprehension is just fine. It is in fact so strong that I can sense B.S. between the lines.
Direct answers? Do you ask for direct answers when you sell and make $$$? Or perhaps you ask for direct answers when you get a killer deal on AZ?
So, why would you want direct answers ONLY when it comes to contribute to the site?
Just pay the fee and enjoy selling/buying.
Or here is another idea. If it so bad that you will not contribute, why are you still sell/buy here?

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
My reading comprehension is just fine. It is in fact so strong that I can sense B.S. between the lines.
Direct answers? Do you ask for direct answers when you sell and make $$$? Or perhaps you ask for direct answers when you get a killer deal on AZ?
So, why would you want direct answers ONLY when it comes to contribute to the site?
Or here is another idea. If it so bad according to you, why are you still sell/buy here?

No one said it was bad...I gave my OPINION on what I would like to see changed in order for me to pay to be a member. Again, reading comprehension is key! How do you know how much money Ive made? or how cheap Ive bought a cue? Why does that matter? What matters (To ME, and thats the key) is when certain people blatantly CHEAT, STEAL MONEY, and do get away with it because Kaiser Soze dissappeared from the records, I have a hard time supporting that. See, I understand where we differ cause you are an accused cue thief.

So to directly answer your question...I dont hate this place...I actually LOVE it. I am on here logged on for most of the day in some capacity. BUT, Ive been F%&%$ED over by 5....FIVE....cuemakers that are members here or were. 4 out the 5 have F$%%^ED someone else over, and they posted about it.....AND (POOF) those threads disappered:eek::rolleyes:

I want a few answers before I give one red cent to be a member. If it becomes a requirement, then I would stop posting stuff for sale and just read pool content. Its ok....But at least I dont steal cues:thumbup:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Or here is another idea. If it so bad that you will not contribute, why are you still sell/buy here?

BTW PLEASE dont STEAL any of my cues

To Kot.......Give that bozo sdkid back his Phillippi, and I'm still convinced that you stole my $19 Brunswick back in 1969.
I want that cue back, and I've heard you have it.

To CueHunter......I don't disagree with you and the WFS abuse is out of control, but don't let a few deleted threads affect cue sales and revenue for the forum.
I had always been a gold member and I developed the same attitude as yours, until I was shamed into renewing it.
Gold membership is the way to go if your selling on AZ, even with all of the political crap, and lack of moderation.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
No one said it was bad...I gave my OPINION on what I would like to see changed in order for me to pay to be a member. Again, reading comprehension is key! How do you know how much money Ive made? or how cheap Ive bought a cue? Why does that matter? What matters (To ME, and thats the key) is when certain people blatantly CHEAT, STEAL MONEY, and do get away with it because Kaiser Soze dissappeared from the records, I have a hard time supporting that. See, I understand where we differ cause you are an accused cue thief.

So to directly answer your question...I dont hate this place...I actually LOVE it. I am on here logged on for most of the day in some capacity. BUT, Ive been F%&%$ED over by 5....FIVE....cuemakers that are members here or were. 4 out the 5 have F$%%^ED someone else over, and they posted about it.....AND (POOF) those threads disappered:eek::rolleyes:

I want a few answers before I give one red cent to be a member. If it becomes a requirement, then I would stop posting stuff for sale and just read pool content. Its ok....But at least I dont steal cues:thumbup:

I am an accused cue thief???!!!!
Before you make such a statement, you better have solid evidence my friend. False statements like that may cost you more trouble than you can imagine.
Now, who accused me of being a thief? When? Where?
If you accuse someone publically you present facts publically as well. That is of course if you are a man, not a hot air balloon.
I have nothing to hide, I have nothing to fear. I can and WILL answer to anyone looking straight in the eye.
And by the way, very nice way to drive conversation away from original subject - you being cheap and greedy.

Last edited:

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
To Kot.......Give that bozo sdkid back his Phillippi, and I'm still convinced that you stole my $19 Brunswick back in 1969.
I want that cue back, and I've heard you have it.

To CueHunter......I don't disagree with you and the WFS abuse is out of control, but don't let a few deleted threads affect cue sales and revenue for the forum.
I had always been a gold member and I developed the same attitude as yours, until I was shamed into renewing it.
Gold membership is the way to go if your selling on AZ, even with all of the political crap, and lack of moderation.
That is if you are an honest person. Some are just good and honest verbally, when it comes time to pay or do the right thing - Oh, I want some direct answers first before I pay.
Whining like little B*TCH and trying to drive away from DIRECT questions.

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
I am an accused cue thief???!!!!
Before you make such a statement, you better have solid evidence my friend. False statements like that may cost you more trouble than you can imagine.
Now, who accused me of being a thief? When? Where?
If you accuse someone publically you present facts publically as well. That is of course if you are a man, not a hot air balloon.
And by the way, very nice way to drive conversation away from original subject - you being cheap and greedy.

Well, lucky for me, Im married to a ruthless B%$TCH attorney who works for the 29th biggest law firm in America with 900 or so lawyers...I think Im good:thumbup: 2nd I think SD somethng or rather confirmed who stole a cue or receieved a stolen cue? maybe Im bad at reading, but I think thats what I read. And I think if you ask anyone here who knows me..CHEAP is the last thing, but I am GREEDY:thumbup:

Either way, your MO is the font starts getting bigger and you get all riled up. My MO is that I am a smart ass that makes you look foolish. Settle down big guy. Im not sure as to why you cant read what Im saying?

I stated my opinion, thats all...not cheap, not greedy just want an explanation as to why certain peoples threads dissappear. I "cant" make myself pay money to support that. Its called freedom of speech. I understand following rules and such, but its not an isolated incident. It happens to the SAMEEEEEEEEEE people everytime. pm me for a list:thumbup:

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Well, lucky for me, Im married to a ruthless B%$TCH attorney who works for the 29th biggest law firm in America with 900 or so lawyers...I think Im good:thumbup: 2nd I think SD somethng or rather confirmed who stole a cue or receieved a stolen cue? maybe Im bad at reading, but I think thats what I read. And I think if you ask anyone here who knows me..CHEAP is the last thing, but I am GREEDY:thumbup:

Either way, your MO is the font starts getting bigger and you get all riled up. My MO is that I am a smart ass that makes you look foolish. Settle down big guy. Im not sure as to why you cant read what Im saying?

I stated my opinion, thats all...not cheap, not greedy just want an explanation as to why certain peoples threads dissappear. I "cant" make myself pay money to support that. Its called freedom of speech. I understand following rules and such, but its not an isolated incident. It happens to the SAMEEEEEEEEEE people everytime. pm me for a list:thumbup:
HAHAAHAHA!
I guess your big shot attorney wifey can just sue Jerry and get you a free gold membership that way. I see. Smart.
You Are a smart ass? Buddy, you have not seeing one yet if you call yourself that.
The only reason my fonts are bigger is because I want everyone to see it and understand that I am a standup guy and can answer to any BOZO that thinks he is a smart a$$. Regardless of how big and scary their wife is. By the way, where I live real men do not hide behind wife's backs. But I guess different strokes for different folks huh?
As for being greedy. Yes you are. You keep typing and we are yet to see a gold membership....
Of course you are not cheap, of course you are not greedy. Can not imagine why would someone call you that.
Stay well my friend. And best regards, to big shot attorney Wifey.

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
HAHAAHAHA!
I guess your big shot attorney wifey can just sue Jerry and get you a free gold membership that way. I see. Smart.
You Are a smart ass? Buddy, you have not seeing one yet if you call yourself that.
The only reason my fonts are bigger is because I want everyone to see it and understand that I am a standup guy and can answer to any BOZO that thinks he is a smart a$$. Regardless of how big and scary their wife is. By the way, where I live real men do not hide behind wife's backs. But I guess different strokes for different folks huh?
As for being greedy. Yes you are. You keep typing and we are yet to see a gold membership....
Of course you are not cheap, of course you are not greedy. Can not imagine why would someone call you that.
Stay well my friend. And best regards, to big shot attorney Wifey.
Thanks!!!:grin: I am still lost, but its ok....I posted my opinion and you start calling me names...typical Bostonian:grin-square:.....I will type as much as I want until I am FORCED to pay, BEFORE I get any answers to my questions...And when I am FORCED to stop, then I will. Its cool. Where you live is nice, Ive been there. Thanks for telling us that. Im not into suing anyone...not my thing, and especially for a "membership", but hey, you cant read so its all good. Anyway, ignore you go, and I will continue to stand behind my originall thought. No need to reply, as I am done with you, as I have PATIENTS I need to attend to. Funny how a "stand up" guy is accused of many horrible things. But Hey, what do I know Im cheap and greedy.:eek:

Have fun with this guy AZ, another rare gem...cant imagine why people wont give money??

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0

with all due respect, I think the message I got from Jerry's posting this thread is that az is in need of a little revenue. It's not been a big mystery that moderator input has been thin and to my mind, it could be that these are related. AZ has grown into a rather big site and with that, possibly a bit tougher to police.

for me, and I think many others here, it comes down to whether or not az has benefitted me, either monetarily or simply by my enjoying myself here (btw, for me, it's both).

I know you've been fairly active here and your impressive iTrader bears this out. So, obviously, you have benefitted.

While I agree with you that there have been threads disappear that, imo, should have stayed visible, or bad actors who have not been dealt with how I would have liked, I think it's important to appreciate the sum total of what this site is.

There is a wealth of knowledge in it's members and staff, notices and reports on so many events, interactions with a multitude of interesting and likable people, debate, galleries, and the ability to buy and sell equipment; well that is like the frosting on a very delicious cake.

Is it perfect? Of course not.

Do I get $30 or $40 per year worth of enjoyment and/or profit from being here?

In Spades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
with all due respect, I think the message I got from Jerry's posting this thread is that az is in need of a little revenue. It's not been a big mystery that moderator input has been thin and to my mind, it could be that these are related. AZ has grown into a rather big site and with that, possibly a bit tougher to police.

for me, and I think many others here, it comes down to whether or not az has benefitted me, either monetarily or simply by my enjoying myself here (btw, for me, it's both).

I know you've been fairly active here and your impressive iTrader bears this out. So, obviously, you have benefitted.

While I agree with you that there have been threads disappear that, imo, should have stayed visible, or bad actors who have not been dealt with how I would have liked, I think it's important to appreciate the sum total of what this site is.

There is a wealth of knowledge in it's members and staff, notices and reports on so many events, interactions with a multitude of interesting and likable people, debate, galleries and the ability to buy and sell equipment is like the frosting and a very delicious cake.

Is it perfect> Of course not.

Do I get $30 or $40 per year worth of enjoyment and/or profit from being here? In Spades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Well put and I agree. I obviously read it a little differently. Personally, I have very strong beliefs about certain things. I have trouble paying for anything (even if it was a dollar) if I have "moral" type issues with it. I will use it, and HELL YES I enjoy it, but its a just a weird thing I guess. It bothers me, and maybe this was the medium in which I decided to let that be known.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
Winning first or second only precludes you from winning that exact spot again for 6 months. After that you can win that spot again. And if you won 1st you are still eligible for 2-5 for that 6 months. The only reason we put the 6 months in there is that we did not want the same person winning the top prize twice in quick succession while others do not win.

As for those of you who suggest we force folks to be gold or charge a fee, that is just not the atmosphere we seek. We want a community of friends who do what friends do for one another.

And for those who say the way we do things is all wrong and we need to make all sorts of changes, your voice is heard. But I must be honest and say we disagree with you. And that is OK. Friends can disagree and still be friends.

Thinks very much to all of you who have responded. I hope to see many of you at Derby.

I don't think you should force people at all but they should have to be a Gold Member to sell on the forum plus it is a good gesture towards the best pool site on the planet. I do hope you guys do sub forums, would really make it easier to navigate and keep stuff from going to page 1 to page 10 in a matter of hours, haha. Cues, Cases, DVDs/Books, Accessories, Memorabilia, Tables/Lighting, Trade and Wanted would be good.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0

As a person who has had several of his threads disappear or vaporize I have some of your same concerns . Putting KOT on ignore is probably wise and your always "GooD" in my book.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Like a lot of folks, I'm on here mostly to read and check out pictures, post once in a while, and buy/sell occasionally.

And the "bump abuse" that I see most commonly in the Buy/Sell forum doesn't come from the OP, it comes from the guys that have to comment about how much of a monster the cue is, or how they can't believe that someone hasn't jumped on it yet, or how if they hadn't just bought three cues like it they'd be all over it (starting to sound familiar?). So you end up with 5 bumps a day but the OP can still throw their hands up and say "hey, it wasn't me".

Here's my 2 cents, 28 cents, IMO, IMHO, and whatever O's I'm forgetting.....there are a lot of sub-forums to AZB that people can discuss, rant, express, whatever. But for sellers, the Buy/Sell forum is generating income. It doesn't matter if you don't get full asking price (which was probably too high to begin with), you are still getting money for what you are selling.

AZB should institute some type of fee for sellers. Whether it's a Gold membership or whatever else is decided. Whatever the fee is, it's still going to be a lot cheaper than ebay fees. And anyone who says they'll quit posting things for sale here, if you have an itrader over 20, I'm calling BS. You're not going anywhere.

Mike

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
As a person who has had several of his threads disappear or vaporize I have some of your same concerns . Putting KOT on ignore is probably wise and your always "GooD" in my book.

Lol, funny how much I feel better already:thumbup: I just would like to know why? before I give financial support. dont think its thats much to ask.....

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I think that its a great idea. BUT and it s a big BUT, a few things have kept me away from doing this. No 1, it seems as though no matter how many times some SELLERS are reported for over bumping, it is overlooked. Yes, they are THE SAME guys who do it, and NO, nothing ever happens to their threads.

Good forbid and new seller, or I (proverbial I), post twice within 48 hours, (even to had pics once) and we are reprimnanded like a 4th grader.

The 2nd thing, and probably the BIGGEST one that keeps me from giving this site a dime, is the mystery of the dissapearing threads. Just because a cuemaker knows people or a seller knows people, doesnt mean they havent screwed someone over. UNLESS it can be PROVEN that they didnt, all that info should stay on the site.

Multiple VARNEY, WHEAT, ***SHOWMAN***, LAMBROS and many many others (those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head) dissapear? Magically:eek:

No mention of what happened or anything. If it gets harsh, or heated or people are cussing....DELETE THOSE POSTS. Dont erase the whole thread. Makes no sense and there is ZEROOOOOOOOOOO Legal reason for that to happen (believe me I know:cool:)

I am not saying there arent cases of bitter customers, or the normal trolls that try to get a response or rise, but WHY do the powers that be, automaticaly believe the cuemaker, or the cue dealer or however.

There are guys who sold fake cues in the past (buskas or botis), sold stolen cues, lied to customers, stole money from people, and many other bad things......YET these guys buy a membership or know the owners or mods and they get free rain on everything.

ALSO, I have no Problem giving money to be a "SELLER" or paying some fee, but when certain pyschos are allowed to be banned multiple times, be rude, be cray cray, always argue and cry and complain like a 3 yr old I will have a hard time donating to that medium. And there are MANY others in the same boat
Other than that, Im all for it:grin:

JMO, and its probably wrong :)

I do think the fees are ultimtely a good idea because alot of people, including me, have made money from this site and used it to sell goods when really we had no other way to do it. I will be the first to pay if I get some reasonable explanations to my concerns.

I agree 100%

Ken