A thread dedicated to my fellow partakers of great suds

jolnar33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,
I did a brief search but didn't find a thread about one of the finer pleasures in life specifically the drinking of good beer. I am one on never ending search to find beer that is not only pleasant to the nose but also very pleasing to the palate. Unfortunately, I had to take a few, longs years off due to a poor choice in girlfriends, but now the hunt resumes. Recently, a new to me beer that is very good is made by a Mister Henry Weinhard. It is his redwood flats amber. The taste is fantastic, and the flavor is very close to my favorite red lager made by Leinenkugel. Another is made by the famous makers of Shiner bock and is their Farmhouse ale. If you see if at your local beer emporium, it is worth a try. I've always been a fan of the brews produced by the folks a Sam Adams. I remember fondly their Patriot Pack from many years back. The latest summer selection includes a beer that not only pleases the nose but has great flavor as well. I am speaking of the beer they have accurately named Belgian Session. The beer has a great bouquet that inspires the nose and a flavor that is fantastic!

I applogize for the length of this post, and if it is a dead horse that has been bludgeoned before, but I would like to think that there are others out there that enjoy good beer. Not to knock beers like Coors light, but everybody knows the old joke about the similarities between Coors light and fornicating in a floating canoe.:wink:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I prefer OGKush myself.

This thread is off topic, should go to the NonPoolRelated forum.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
everybody knows the old joke about the similarities between Coors light and fornicating in a floating canoe

HaHaHa
I recently moved from Golden, and you could see the brewery from my back windows.
We used to drink Coors beer in the 60's, but I prefer Budweiser, various pilsner style beers, no light beer, and mostly small batch bourbon's.
The Golden area is Coors country though, some places only serve Coors products.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hate to say..... Mich Ultra Amber or Coor's Light for me. Pre- diabetic here.

Graduate of Killians, Petes Wicked, Honey Brown, Sam Smith.....oh baby miss that sugar.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite beer is Jim Beam Black.
Cuesblues usually drinks Jack Daniels and anybody's Bourbon and Coke if you walk away from it to play your match at league.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Cuesblues usually drinks Jack Daniels and anybody's Bourbon and Coke if you walk away from it to play your match at league.

I've moved on from Jack, Andi likes the expensive whiskey drinks that come in the copper mugs.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry,this is NPR

Sierra Nevada, pick one. (torpedo!)
Modus Hoperandi (durango?) best beer in a can, ever.
Lagunitas 'lil sumpin sumpin' - 'lil sumpin wild' (sponsor of our chili cookoff)
Lazy Magnolia 'timber beast' (tell mark and leslie hello)
Dales -pale ale
Bells - 'Oberon, Pale Ale, Hop Slam'
so many beers, so little time.

dont get me started on tequila, will lecture long time

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, not a big fan of reds. I love darker beers, especially porters. I heard mention of Sierra Nevada, one of my favorite porters. I love Blue Hills Brewery Black Hops (cause they are near my home town), but also love any porter beer. Keep in mind, none of these beers matter as much as a vodka and soda!

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amber

Michelob Amberbach is awesome. It has great flavor and the potential to kick a man's ass if not shown it's due respect.

Dos Equis Dark is another amber beer that is great.

Sam Adams Octoberfest has the best flavor of all the Sam Adams I've tried, wonderful taste.

I could go on,but these 3 are at or near the top for me. If you get the chance to drink any of these on tap, go for it. All these beers are really good from the bottle, but you're not gonna beat them if they're draft.

For some reason I feel like poppin' the top!
Have a goodn'

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
If you can ever find it, Shiner's *****ly Pear Lager is delicious.

I went to college in Golden, so Coors Light is still my bread and butter. Oddly, I usually drink Miller Lite at pool halls.

But if I'm not playing well, 7&7 for me is like spinach for Popeye.

-Blake

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,
I did a brief search but didn't find a thread about one of the finer pleasures in life specifically the drinking of good beer. I am one on never ending search to find beer that is not only pleasant to the nose but also very pleasing to the palate. Unfortunately, I had to take a few, longs years off due to a poor choice in girlfriends, but now the hunt resumes. Recently, a new to me beer that is very good is made by a Mister Henry Weinhard. It is his redwood flats amber. The taste is fantastic, and the flavor is very close to my favorite red lager made by Leinenkugel. Another is made by the famous makers of Shiner bock and is their Farmhouse ale. If you see if at your local beer emporium, it is worth a try. I've always been a fan of the brews produced by the folks a Sam Adams. I remember fondly their Patriot Pack from many years back. The latest summer selection includes a beer that not only pleases the nose but has great flavor as well. I am speaking of the beer they have accurately named Belgian Session. The beer has a great bouquet that inspires the nose and a flavor that is fantastic!

I applogize for the length of this post, and if it is a dead horse that has been bludgeoned before, but I would like to think that there are others out there that enjoy good beer. Not to knock beers like Coors light, but everybody knows the old joke about the similarities between Coors light and fornicating in a floating canoe.:wink:

I see you like German beers. :) Good choice!!!

Some of my favs (missing are Warsteiner and Bitburger).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 156

rjtolly

Registered
Sorry,this is NPR

Lagunitas 'lil sumpin sumpin' - 'lil sumpin wild' (sponsor of our chili cookoff)
Dales -pale ale

Some great beers listed here - more towards my taste profile. There are so many new breweries starting up it's even hard to keep up with the local ones. It's a great problem to have!

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
Sorry,this is NPR

Dales -pale ale

Good list^^^

1. Prohibition, Speakeasy Brewery SF, CA
Tastes just like soda pop, but better because it's beer.
2. Racer 5, Bear Republic Brewery Co. Healdsburg, CA
Ultra hoppie nose.
3. Big Daddy IPA, Speakeasy Brewery SF, CA
The go-to when prohibition is unavailable.
4. Lagunitas IPA, Petaluma, CA
The go-to go-to.
5. Any beer in the cooler at the Warehouse in port Costa, CA.

Sierra Nevada, good in a bottle, inconsistent on tap.
Anchor Steam, consistently flat on tap, but smells just like the bay out of the bottle.:shrug:

Tequila! Only when I'm at Tommy's Mex, SF, CA!

Cheers.