Aaron Aragon

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who may have heard the rumor or my friend Aaron Aragon's passing.

I just talked to Aaron on the phone. So I am happy to report he is still alive and well.

Last edited:

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who may have heard the rumor or my friend Aaron Aragon's passing.

I just talked to Arron on the phone. So I am happy to report he is still alive and well.

Thanks Spanky, I have been trying to find out how he was doing forever it seems!! Thanks so much for this great news update:smile:

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just talked to Aaron on the phone. So I am happy to report he is still alive and well.

PS Spanky make sure you let Frank the barber know next time you see him. I think he will be happy to hear that news!!

Say hello to Aaron from the Decatur Al Elks Lodge

Hey I remember that place......Many years ago I took Charlie Hans to a Wheelchair tournament and played Aaron on your 8fters all weekend.....any recollection? We drank a lot of beer that weekend lol

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
One of my good friends played Aaron at the Reno Open many years ago. Can't remember which one but I do remember Aaron beating Earl that year. My friend played him and when down to the last rack with an easy out for Aaron, my friend called Scott Smith over and protested because Aaron did not have one foot on the ground :eek: :rolleyes: ! Even Aaron laughed. Wish him the best next time you see him. He's a inspiration to all pool players!

Lyn

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS Spanky make sure you let Frank the barber know next time you see him. I think he will be happy to hear that news!!

Mark, that is part of the reason I posted this, I was told Frank had mentioned he heard someone had said Aaron passed, so i called Aaron, I was relieved when he ansewered the phone. I am sure Frank will read this soon.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark, that is part of the reason I posted this, I was told Frank had mentioned he heard someone had said Aaron passed, so i called Aaron, I was relieved when he ansewered the phone. I am sure Frank will read this soon.

Awesome buddy...you rawk!!!

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome buddy...you rawk!!!

Good news!! I'm glad to hear that he's doing fine. People should be carful when passing on information that's not verified.
Someone tell "old Ironsides" I say hello.

SWANIE

Registered
Decatur elks lodge

Cue Hunter I remember most of that time but, lots of Drink and good times we all had.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
My best guess...

Good news!! I'm glad to hear that he's doing fine. People should be carful when passing on information that's not verified.
Someone tell "old Ironsides" I say hello.

My best guess is that someone overheard someone talking about the heart attack that he had had and assumed it meant he died and then just started passing that info on without thinking about it....

Jaden

p.s. Cause I remember when I first heard he had a heart attack that I was afraid it meant he passed, but I immediately asked if he was ok instead of just assuming something...

Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ironside

I spoke with him again this morning. He's been fighting cancer again. He goes in for chemo today and a dose of radiation tomorrow. In three weeks he will do the same thing again for the final time. He was bed ridden for over a year..ending last fall. he is now back in his chair, getting himself in and out of his rig and driving again. At this point he's fully independent :grin: which is a miracle considering he's comeback from a heart attack, two major surgeries and fighting his first round of cancer back into remission since Sept 2010.

I'm going to see him again this week and will pull this thread up for him..so if anyone would like to send him a message or post an old photo etc?..do it here. I'm sure he will enjoy it.

All the best,

Ian

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news! Please tell Aaron hello for me & give him my best! Here are the photos of him that I have in my Wall of Fame collections on Facebook...

These three are from the '01 Olhausen International Professional Wheelchair Team 9 Ball Championship - Aaron & teammate Charlie Hans won the title - held at Magoo's in Tulsa, OK - courtesy of Pool & Billiard Magazine.

Mary Kenniston

Attachments

• Charlie Hans & Aaron Aragon (1st) - '01 Olhausen Internatl Pro WC Team 9 Ball - Magoo's - Tulsa,.jpg
    Charlie Hans & Aaron Aragon (1st) - '01 Olhausen Internatl Pro WC Team 9 Ball - Magoo's - Tulsa,.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Charlie Hans, Olhausen's Mike Clark & A Aragon (1st) - '01 Olhausen Internatl Pro WC Team 9 Ball.jpg
    Charlie Hans, Olhausen's Mike Clark & A Aragon (1st) - '01 Olhausen Internatl Pro WC Team 9 Ball.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Jim McDermott & NWPA Pres Bob Caldron - Charlie Hans & Aaron Aragon (1st) behind - '01 Olhausen .jpg
    Jim McDermott & NWPA Pres Bob Caldron - Charlie Hans & Aaron Aragon (1st) behind - '01 Olhausen .jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 360

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the other three...

First one was taken at the '95 Sands Regency in Reno - courtesy of Hal Barber.

Second one is from the '97 Riviera Pro 8 Ball Open in Las Vegas - courtesy of Pool & Billiard Magazine

Last one was taken at the '01 BCA Open 9 Ball Championships in Las Vegas - courtesy of Anne Craig.

Wish I had more of this great player & great guy! We sparred several times at Hard Times in Bellflower, CA in '97 & I loved every minute of it & learned a lot.

Attachments

• Aaron Aragon - '95 Sands Regency - Reno, NV - PC of H Barber.jpg
    Aaron Aragon - '95 Sands Regency - Reno, NV - PC of H Barber.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Aaron Aragon - '97 Pro 8 Ball Open - Las Vegas, NV.jpg
    Aaron Aragon - '97 Pro 8 Ball Open - Las Vegas, NV.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 529
  • Aaron Aragon - '01 BCA Open 9 Ball - LV, NV - PC of A Craig.jpg
    Aaron Aragon - '01 BCA Open 9 Ball - LV, NV - PC of A Craig.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 373
Last edited: