ABR 2nite: U.S. Open Redux

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Svb has not been paid in full....fact...he gets a $300 weekly check...my buddy just played in a event with a real close relative of Shanes and that's what he said

That is only a little over $15,000 per a year, and he has won what, the last 3?

Is he paid off on all but his last win at least? Because multiple years to get paid for 1 win is nuts. That cash in hand is worth way more atm in the current stock market if he had the lump sum he is owed, grtting paid $300 a week is screwing him over on any chance to properly invest that money. Barry at the "least" should be paying SVB 5% annualized interest on the remaining owed funds.

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is only a little over $15,000 per a year, and he has won what, the last 3?

Is he paid off on all but his last win at least? Because multiple years to get paid for 1 win is nuts. That cash in hand is worth way more atm in the current stock market if he had the lump sum he is owed, grtting paid $300 a week is screwing him over on any chance to properly invest that money. Barry at the "least" should be paying SVB 5% annualized interest on the remaining owed funds.

I don't know how much money he is oWed but I did hear from Shane's mouth that he would play the US Open even if it was for free

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just listened to it and it sounds like he told me to shut up. To be fair on this I am going to call Barry and ask him about it. Just to see if their is anything I am not getting as far as context etc. I will be back with my findings. Not happy right now and I never heard that.

Mark, I just listened to it & at a little past the 41:00 minutes mark Barry said it's going to be set up with Ticketfly.......he didn't say shut up.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Mark, I just listened to it & at a little past the 41:00 minutes mark Barry said it's going to be set up with Ticketfly.......he didn't say shut up.

He clearly says shut up. Roberta, you are not to be believed on AZB anymore. You are nothing but a mouth piece for Barry. He lies and you swear to it. Johnnyt

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He clearly says shut up. Roberta, you are not to be believed on AZB anymore. You are nothing but a mouth piece for Barry. He lies and you swear to it. Johnnyt

Johnny, you clearly need to get your ears checked as it's very clear what he said. Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks, I don't lie nor am I anyone's mouthpiece. When Barry asks me to post something on here for him I clearly state that it's from him.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear ABR:

Would you please ask Barry to answer "yes or no" to the following three questions on his next interview with you:

1. Is Shane currently paid IN FULL for his 2012 win?

2. Is Shane currently paid IN FULL for his 2013 win?

3. Is Shane currently paid IN FULL for his 2014 win?

Don't let Barry ramble, hang up the phone if he does. Just insist he answers yes or no.

Thank you,
Nick

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I for one support what Roberta has been doing. She is trying to make a positive contribution to a difficult situation in a fully ethical way. The only valid criticism of her (and Jay, for that matter) that I have seen is the question of whether the patient is savable, or whether its best to not participate at all. A reasonable question but it seems events are showing that perhaps there was life left there after all.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Here's a transcript...

Mark: From what I can understand is and I think from a lot of the people can understand at this point Accustats will be taking every uhhh entry fee themselves. Accustats is the only way you can get paid. Not paid through Barry Berhman, not paid...(Barry interrupts and speaks over him at this point

Barry: No, no no, if you would please Shut up with...uh...with ummm ticketfly... umm Pat opened up an account in Bloomingdale, New Jersey... Bank of America... Right across the street from the Sheraton, one block is Bank of America...

That is the section of the interview that is being contested. IT ABSOLUTELY says "if you would please shut up"...

I also remember hearing it the first time and thinking "Wow, that would've ended the interview for me right there if that was me".

Jaden

Last edited:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

Roberta you are not even close with your quote. It sounds nothing like what you said other than the word 'Ticketfly"

At Barry's request and to be open and fair I went back and listened again a bunch of times and isolated it so I could just repeat it over and over. There is for sure a SHut up not Set up and he also said "If you would please Shut up" Said "Um Um Ticketfly" and then another UMM and on to talk about the BofA account.

I have spoken to Barry about this and he knows how I feel. It was an isolated incident and although that does not make it right, Barry has apologized to me and so I am going to leave it at that. We have lots of infighting in this business and although my feelings were hurt when I heard about it and actually heard it for myself, in the big scheme of things this means less than nothing. I do appreciate you guys making me aware of it though and going back to listen for yourselves so its not just my hearing that made a judgment.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smart move by Pat Fleming

Definitely shut up.

Smart business move by Pat Fleming. He does lose anything. If $75000 doesn't appear on time, he swoops in with the $75000 to continue the tournament. Becomes the defacto Promoter of the US Open 9 Ball Tournament! ....

.....Oops, this post is 10 days early!

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Dear ABR:

Would you please ask Barry to answer "yes or no" to the following three questions on his next interview with you:

Don't let Barry ramble, hang up the phone if he does. Just insist he answers yes or no.

Thank you,
Nick

or you could ask Roberta, cause she's the bookkeeper.
or Mark could ask Shane for next THU's ABR....

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perfect!

Dear ABR:

Thank you,
Nick

Absolutely perfect request!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Can someone please make sure to ask Roberta what her shoe tastes like the next time they get a chance.

blusteel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark: From what I can understand is and I think from a lot of the people can understand at this point Accustats will be taking every uhhh entry fee themselves. Accustats is the only way you can get paid. Not paid through Barry Berhman, not paid...(Barry interrupts and speaks over him at this point

Barry: No, no no, if you would please Shut up with...uh...with ummm ticketfly... umm Pat opened up an account in Bloomingdale, New Jersey... Bank of America... Right across the street from the Sheraton, one block is Bank of America...

That is the section of the interview that is being contested. IT ABSOLUTELY says "if you would please shut up"...

I also remember hearing it the first time and thinking "Wow, that would've ended the interview for me right there if that was me".

Jaden

This.
So if Shane is owed $120,000 for the past 3 years and is being paid installments of $16,000 per year what happens if he files a ckaim against the $75,000 to collect asap?

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounded like shut-up, but the tone he said it made me think he said something else, because it did sound like 'it will be shutup with ticketfly'. Maybe he was thinking setup and said shut up.....who knows. Barry sounds a little like Billy Tubbs, the basketball coach.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.
So if Shane is owed $120,000 for the past 3 years and is being paid installments of $16,000 per year what happens if he files a ckaim against the $75,000 to collect asap?

He probably received 10K or so at the event and he only won 85K the last 3 years 25+30+30

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.

Who knows how Barry has his business set up. It could be a new LLC every year, which would isolate one year from the next.

I doubt Shane is going to sue him. Maybe he should...

But if he did, it would probably take longer than 3 months so that whatever amount of money Pat would be holding would have already been paid out to the 2015 players. And even if it was successful, the lawyers would probably get half. And third, Shane could just continue to place high or win and do better money wise versus suing Barry, especially now that Pat will be handling ALL aspects of the player prize fund.

So if Shane did sue him, it would be to make a statement, not to actually get more money. Imo.