Amsterdam Billiards - The Ugly T-Shirt

Jerry Yost

NO MORE CTE
Silver Member
My sisters son began his first job after college working in New York city. He's been there about a year now. When I saw him last, I asked him if he ever got a chance, to pick me up a T-shirt from Amsterdam Billiards.

For Christmas, my sister sends me this T-shirt. It was a special gift in that
they both likely invested a little extra time to make happen for me.

So here's the thing...This is one ugly shirt!

The woman on the shirt looks like one of the characters from the Twilight Zone episode "In the Eye Of the Beholder" (i.e., pig faced). I know...I'm dating myself a little there. The womans hand (you may have to blow it up to see the detail) is also other worldly.

This shirt is so ugly that I'm wondering if there is a back story here. Some explanation as to why they would put out such a thing.

Attachments

• Amsterdam Billiards Medium.jpg
    Amsterdam Billiards Medium.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,218

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It is a drawing of the reflection in the 1ball if it were mirror-polished. It would look distorted. I like the idea.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The new logo came out shortly after Amsterdam started to celebrate their 20th. To me, it reminds me 80's art (Patrick Nagel's cover for Duran Duran).

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tea shirt

Just gave the same t shirt as a Christmas gift.
she loved it looked great on her. (sorry no photos) LOL
Happy & Healthy New Year
Mcp

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like it
It's a spherical reflection

It looks a helluva lot better than you avatar picture :shocked2:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sisters son began his first job after college working in New York city. He's been there about a year now. When I saw him last, I asked him if he ever got a chance, to pick me up a T-shirt from Amsterdam Billiards.

For Christmas, my sister sends me this T-shirt. It was a special gift in that
they both likely invested a little extra time to make happen for me.

So here's the thing...This is one ugly shirt!

The woman on the shirt looks like one of the characters from the Twilight Zone episode "In the Eye Of the Beholder" (i.e., pig faced). I know...I'm dating myself a little there. The womans hand (you may have to blow it up to see the detail) is also other worldly.

This shirt is so ugly that I'm wondering if there is a back story here. Some explanation as to why they would put out such a thing.

Hey, Jerry, long time no see or read! :)

That is quite a different-looking pool T-shirt. :grin-square:

Most likely, the artist is a friend of the pool room. It's hard to get a multi-colored item on a T-shirt without charging up the ying-yang. Color-wise, it's great. ;)

That nose comment cracked me up. :killingme:

This logo is not new. There was a painting made of this logo (not sure which came first, the painting or logo), which hung on the wall of the old Amsterdam Billiards 15+ years ago.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a whole lot nicer than a damn shark. Or a death skull, designs that should have died out long ago...jmo!!