Another Great Invention for the Pool World

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I am sitting here thinking about pool and my problems with the shaft getting dirty making it more unconfortable to stroke and shoot the ball. Then it hits me...blue algae.

You take a dirty shaft and spread blue algae seeds on it. This algae is very dry and slick and does not grow very tall (less than 1 mm). After you are done shooting, you put it in your case and the algae grows right back. The dirt on the shaft will provide enough nutrients for over a year. It's also very environment friendly. Reducing your carbon footprint. No more sanding, not more gloves, just slick shooting all the time, every time.

I will contact OB Cues about introducing this into their shafts so they can have first shot at this revolution concept.

Any feedback is welcome.

Oh and please no chi chi chi chia responses.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Run with it!
logo_running_with_scissors.jpg

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
What happens if you put your case away and don't shoot pool for a few months? The next time you open it up, would it literally be overstuffed with the blue algae???

I would like to see an aerosol spray that one could spray onto his/her bridge hand that would be transparent, but when dried (hopefully within seconds) would be slicker-than-owl-shit. It would of course need to be washable with soap/water for removal. Much neater than blue algae, and probably more user-friendly for those with certain allergies.

Dan, we got too much time on our hands to be sittin' around thinkin' of crap like this. You'd think we was locked up in a prison cell or something :D!!!

Maniac

K Knight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moises Alou used to pee on his hands to build up callouses so he didn't have to use batting gloves. Maybe you should just go that route

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go White Sox!

Moises Alou used to pee on his hands to build up callouses so he didn't have to use batting gloves. Maybe you should just go that route
It was probibly his teamates peeing on him ,,,And He liked it!!

GO WHITE SOX!

Hey K Knight , hope your enjoying the cue. Talk to ya soon

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NewStroke...There is already a better product out than your idea. Mike Gulyassy has invented something called Shaft Freeze. One application is permanent, and your shaft stays clean and smooth forever. I saw this product last year at the US Open in VA, and spoke to Mike again about it, a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. It is truly a great idea, and pretty inexpensive...less than $50/shaft IIRC. I think he only warrantees new shafts for this product's lifetime guarantee (they can be any maker's shafts).

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I am sitting here thinking about pool and my problems with the shaft getting dirty making it more unconfortable to stroke and shoot the ball. Then it hits me...blue algae.

You take a dirty shaft and spread blue algae seeds on it. This algae is very dry and slick and does not grow very tall (less than 1 mm). After you are done shooting, you put it in your case and the algae grows right back. The dirt on the shaft will provide enough nutrients for over a year. It's also very environment friendly. Reducing your carbon footprint. No more sanding, not more gloves, just slick shooting all the time, every time.

I will contact OB Cues about introducing this into their shafts so they can have first shot at this revolution concept.

Any feedback is welcome.

Oh and please no chi chi chi chia responses.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Once I get my shaft cleaned I make sure to keep it that way. Want to know the secert?? Keep your hands clean.. Clean your shaft with a paper towel and lotion soap everytime you use it. Buff dry with a micro-fiber towel. Put in case and done ;)

Im not trying to kill your idea or concept but I just find it amazing that most players dont do this simple act to keep their shafts in good shape. I sometimes use a magic eraser (very lightly) to remove heavy build up but I try not to do it too often.

Also while Im playing I have a wet towel to clean my shaft and I dry with the micro-towel between racks to buff out the moisture. Best part of everything is that my hands stay clean the whole time and my shaft stay in great shape :thumbup2:

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Until I get my phenolic hat you promised, I'm not gonna respond to another one of your stupid posts.....

:D

Oh.....wait.......dammit....you are slick as snot, I tell ya :p

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
I believe Clark W. Griswold invented "a non-nutritive cereal varnish. It's semi-permiable. It's not osmotic. What it does is it coats and seals the flake, prevents the milk from penetrating it." That would probably work judging from the sled incident! :thumbup:

r,

Greg