Another sick shot by Efren

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
People see Efren shots and their imagine gets taken away with them. He called the two in the side because it was heading that way. Just a two way shot. He ended up getting lucky.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he saw the possibility of the 2 rail kick - but he also invisoned the carom comming into play thus enlarging the pocket.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
number 8 is just absurd. wow

That was a great hit and safe before the shot. The part that makes the shot even more absurd is the lack of time it took for Efren to see it. He almost immediately decides thats the best shot.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
You must give him much credit for the shots he makes,,,that is why he is a champion.

I wish I had a camera running a few times on some shots. I sure many can relate to that. Although shots I have made were not for huge money or great wins. Have made some amazing shots. It happens!!!

Where's the camera when needed??:) I recall once,,making a very quick up and down jump shot for the win in a tournament. Opponent played safe leaving me behind his ball. 8 was close to another of his balls,,just barely enough room to land the cue between them to make it.

And yep,,jump was perfect and landed in the only spot possible for the 8 to go!!
I wish there was a camera on that shot! I was pretty amazed it went too,,,,,,,,but ,,ya know,,,at the time acted like it was clock work!! lol:cool:

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People see Efren shots and their imagine gets taken away with them. He called the two in the side because it was heading that way. Just a two way shot. He ended up getting lucky.

What do you mean by "it was headed that way"?
Looks to me like the 6 was making the pocket awfully small for the 2. It was a called carom. If there's one thing you can say about Efren, if he misses he misses close. Had the 9 not been there, he would have missed the side by almost a full diamond. Believe me, he's never that far off in his calculations.

And it wasn't a 2way shot because he left the cueball out in the open for a shot, and he's never that far off with his safes either.

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
computer vs phone internet, youtube links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihky9a5bo7m&feature=related

...and he called the shot!

Edit: And this is the rest of the compilation series someone put together:

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5 ... Same as first link
part 7
part 8

... Uploader skipped part 6 for some reason

some of us are at work and cannot access youtube videos except on our phones, and it is hard to type in the youtube url's so can you also post the words needed to just search for the video on youtube, like efren and shot, or efren vs svb, or whatever is in the youtube title? Thanks!

BluesTele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at these links and thinking...
Efren shmephren he's not that tough :D

Then I saw # 8.....WOW !

I read somewhere that Efren's an alien.
I'm beginning to believe it....

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you mean by "it was headed that way"?
Looks to me like the 6 was making the pocket awfully small for the 2. It was a called carom. If there's one thing you can say about Efren, if he misses he misses close. Had the 9 not been there, he would have missed the side by almost a full diamond. Believe me, he's never that far off in his calculations.

And it wasn't a 2way shot because he left the cueball out in the open for a shot, and he's never that far off with his safes either.

It was headed that way, otherwise he never would have called such a shot. He knew he could hit the ball fairly close to the side pocket and that it might go in off the 6....if it hits the 6 a little too full then the cueball goes to the side under the side pocket and probably wouldn't have left a shot for the opponent....a perfectly reasonable 2 way shot.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhKy9a5bo7M&feature=related

...and he called the shot!

EDIT: and this is the rest of the compilation series someone put together:

On this first shot I'm going to say he called that side pocket in the event it went in there and not that he intended to carom off that 9. Just watch his body after the ball goes in. I've seen Efren play enough to know that body language of his. If the camera had caught his face you would have seen a huge, gummy smile of embarrassment and then would have seen him scratch the back of his neck. But, I will say this about Efren, although he does get the fortunate roll from time to time, he makes those fortunate rolls happen. Even if he did get fortunate on this particular shot, he saw the possibility of the 2 rail kick into the side and he knew with the 9 sitting there it gave him a bit of a window of opportunity. He's the greatest we'll ever see.
MULLY

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was headed that way, otherwise he never would have called such a shot. He knew he could hit the ball fairly close to the side pocket and that it might go in off the 6....if it hits the 6 a little too full then the cueball goes to the side under the side pocket and probably wouldn't have left a shot for the opponent....a perfectly reasonable 2 way shot.

What is the argument here, anyway. I'm arguing with someone who said it was a lucky shot