Any word from Dennis Searing....

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Yeah, I’d agree with basically all of this, particularly the first part about LD, and it may be why I don’t have too many problems adjusting between shafts. Interestingly, this was not the case when I played snooker. I used one cue for ten years, and when the wood cracked beneath the ferrule, it took me a year to find another cue. This wasn’t a rally to do with deflection but overall personal taste. In snooker no one really worries about deflection, aiming systems, etc. most discussions are about mechanics and break building.

Now I use an Ignite, and honestly, I still account for deflection and swerve, particularly on soft and medium shots.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I have never seen, touched or known anyone that owns one. They are the unicorn of pool cues IMO!!

Furthermore I have never been in a pool room, city or state where one is present. To the best of my knowledge!!

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't decide whether the Stockholm syndrome so many people seem to have with these unreliable, lying cue makers is sad or funny.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you know how you shoot and play well swerve and squirt are a non factor in your game.

and the best hitting cue should be the one you are comfortable playing with that suits you. if it doesnt you should be looking for it.

ive yet to see any of the top players say the top 5 or ten change their shaft and move into the very top.

ive seen many that mentally think it helped their game, just like all the golfers who get new clubs every year think it helps their game.

Shuddy

Silver Member
I can't decide whether the Stockholm syndrome so many people seem to have with these unreliable, lying cue makers is sad or funny.

It’s both. OP has been waiting 12 years for a repair job, after the cue maker “destroyed” his cue during the initial repair process. Shakespeare would be proud.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I attempted to contact Dennis Searing. Just kidding. Everyone knows that's a fool's errand. :ROFLMAO:

Shuddy

Silver Member
Why? That's not my business .
Oh, it’s just that you seem to know that she liked SW more than Meucci, and that’s why she chose SW. So it was enough of your business for her to tell you that she she chose SW over Meucci because she liked SW more, but not enough of your business for her to tell you why, or for you to ask. Phew, these business lines are very well defined.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Oh, it’s just that you seem to know that she liked SW more than Meucci, and that’s why she chose SW. So it was enough of your business for her to tell you that she she chose SW over Meucci because she liked SW more, but not enough of your business for her to tell you why, or for you to ask. Phew, these business lines are very well defined.
Great. Why don't you ask her ?
Maybe she'll give you her SW after you convince her to switch to Moochi .

Shuddy

Silver Member
Great. Why don't you ask her ?
Maybe she'll give you her SW after you convince her to switch to Moochi .
It’s good to engage with people online every now and then to remind myself why I shouldn’t.

My point is that you seem to know that she plays with a SW because she liked it better than a Meucci, which would suggest that you know her personally, which is why I asked you why she likes SW cues. Of course, I assume you don’t know her personally, and therefore don’t know that she plays with a SW because she liked it better than a Meucci, and therefore actually have no idea what you’re talking about.

I don’t care what she plays with. She likes playing with a SW? Awesome! You like playing with a Searing? Good for you! However, Simin won’t tell you that SW plays better than any other cue as an objective fact, and based on what you’ve said, I don’t think you would either, so not sure what we’re really talking about.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i dunno why so many have touble reaching him , ive never had a problem talking to him on phone . treated me well as a family member .
some things just dont add, some cnt get on phone and others can .
There is an inner circle with easy access
You obviously are one of them
The situation for others is what you read
It is true and not made up

middleofnowhere

Registered
i dunno why so many have touble reaching him , ive never had a problem talking to him on phone . treated me well as a family member .
some things just dont add, some cnt get on phone and others can .
That's not really a realistic answer because all of us let calls go to voicemail most of the time especially if we don't know who it is calling. I often let business calls go to voicemail because I don't have a secretary as a buffer.

I have a general rule that I rarely speak if I don't know what I'm going to be saying ahead of time, I don't like being trapped or cornered in a conversation.

Remember when we all had answering machines. You would call somebody and the machine would answer and after like a second or two the person would pick up. People got very trained at screening their calls, rarely did somebody just cold answer a phone.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Never done it, but nothing wrong with cue flippers.

Anybody can be a cue flipper.

Plenty on here.

Once you buy an item, it is yours.

What you do with it after that is nobody’s business.

Once an item becomes that desirable, it is want based upon name recognition only.

The people then buying the item want to parade it around like a lady and her Louis Vuitton purse.

Products of equal quality, with less name recognition, are readily abundant.
Where can you get the same QUALITY? You lost all credibility when you posted that.