Anyone here drive a motorcycle?

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Across the handlebars is the best bet. I like that way because you can keep an eye on it.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for solutions of carrying a case (2x4 preferably or a 1x2 if necessary but not across the bars ). What are yall doing??? ( also not across the back like a bow and arrow lol )?

I never drove a motorcycle but I road many starting with a 48 Harley when I was 14. I drove a lot of cars but never motorcycles. Just saying.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's my ride - no cue sticks allowed.

Attachments

• BMW r9T.JPG
    BMW r9T.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 281
  • BMW r9T License plate.JPG
    BMW r9T License plate.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 278

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The reason why I don't carry a cue on my motorcycle is I wear protective gear when I ride and it's not the best pool playing attire.

Last edited:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just stuff the sections in your pockets or tie-wrap/bungee/velcro, or duct tape them to wherever they fit on the bike. :D

whats-antique-carved-wooden-take-apart-pool-cue-5-pieces-worth_2.jpg

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doa has right idea with using rear peg, unless you’re hoping for a good looking hitchhiker. That’s the way I did it on my ZED. That bike had a passenger grab bar, that attached directly to the tail section frame. This made it easy and no worries about rub marks. I see your bike is clean, so it will take some thought. I know you wanted to keep it simple, but you gotta do it right. Asphalt don’t taste good.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Jim murnak used to make a back back style case. I was never a fan of his style, but that's what is go with, a backpack style. And not to be nit picky but it would also shield the cues from wind chills and such. It might not look as cool as having it in the front of handle bars like captain America's shield or by the side like a rifle on a horse, but yeah. Or get your current case and do it robin hood style.

DOA

Registered
Went out and took a couple pics of my ATV bracket (rubber coated) and my 2x4 case fits right in, except for the pouch that is. I can see this mount working modified for the shock and having a holder for the pool case bottom off the foot peg.

Attachments

• IMG_20180114_163123.jpg
    IMG_20180114_163123.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20180114_163150.jpg
    IMG_20180114_163150.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20180114_163207.jpg
    IMG_20180114_163207.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 242

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've carried mine a few times over my shoulder or strapped to the back. Mine bike is an 03 Busa. Don't ride as much as in the past.

Attachments

• !!!bobs03busa.jpg
    !!!bobs03busa.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 282

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I normally just go across the back, but I don't care for the weight on the bumpy MN roads. A friend of mine built a small "box" that he bolted on where the rear foot peg used to be. It's about 2" tall and the bottom of his case fits in it. he then leans it back and uses a small bungee to tie to the blinker stalk. He's done it that way for years. Sorry I don't have a picture.

While typing this, I got to wondering if you could mount a 36" piece of PVC to the rear peg mount and up to the fender strut. Glue a cap to the bottom and thread a cap on top and it would even be weather/road grime/bug/rock proof. Paint it black and it wouldn't look bad either. Just have to find a diameter big enough to slip your case in.
I would think with a little work you could probably make it quick detach too. Maybe find a quick release saddle bag mount for your bike or something.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a windshield the size of a case is almost perfect if you put the strap over it, strap to the front, then the cue is on the inside of the windshield an resting just atop your bars. Also if you have a rear seat you can bungle it to the rear seat at the top and rest the bottom between the main seat and the saddle bag...if equipped

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always have had across the back...I would like to come up with a shotgun case for the ‘09 sporty though.
I just don’t ride up to play much, bar-pool / alcohol aren’t too bueno with my idea of riding safe.
Love to ride
Love to play
But it is hard to not have a cold one or two if you play for a while.... then it is not smart to putt off under
The influence.
Lots of folks do, I just can’t see it.

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had this made by a friend of mine that bolted into the holes of where the passenger foot pegs go on my 03' CBR954RR. This was made to slide my Longoni hard case into. You could do something like that to bolt onto the luggage bolts on yours I believe.

Attachments

• 20160613_150417.jpg
    20160613_150417.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20160613_150425.jpg
    20160613_150425.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 229

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the '60's I had a aluminum tube cue case that I would tie to my bike. A few years back I found that Prather had both 1x1 and 1x2 aluminum cases. I bought a 1x1. I wanted something waterproof because I tour a lot. It just needed a little Seam Seal around the base of the end couplings to make it watertight. I would strap it across the rear rack of my 1150 GS or tied to the duffel across the rear of my Harley.

Then last year I bought a Star Go-Cue by McDermott. It's a three piece cue with a soft case that fits into a FLHTC saddle bag or Tourpac. It also fit the front trunk of a Can Am Spyder. It will not fit into the pet carrier of a Vespa. But the tube case fits across the mirrors with just two rubber bands.

Anyway the Star cue beats the $#!+ out of a wallabushka with a chipped tip.

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 70's I built this 53 Indian Chief, 80" flathead mounted on a 1938 frame and a 38 springer with a leaf spring. Note the hand shift

indian.jpg

Also, this is my 48 Panhead, same vintage

HD.JPG

This is an Ardbeg Scotch display and the bike is from Orange County Choppers
Picture taken around 2012.

Captain%20America%20Bob%20Nam%20Beast%206.jpg

Roscoe