Anyone in Chicago want to play some?

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
I will be in Chicago on business on Wed. the 27th (the day after tomorrow). It would be nice to meet some AZBers there or go to a tournament. I'll play 3 ball, 7 ball, 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, Rotation, Banks, One Pocket, 3 cushion billiards, Scratch pool, or whatever the local favorite is.

If there is a good Wed. night tournament, that would be fun too.

I won't have a car or my cues but I would like to play. I will be there through Sunday, but I have numerous functions and dinners I have to attend, so for right now, Wed. seems to be the only night I am available to play. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza.

I know I have been MIA for awhile and the board has really changed! Thanks to all those that gave me greenies in my absence!

I haven't been playing much...sometimes a bar box tournament during the week and I run a big table tournament on Friday nights that will culminate in a handicapped Tournament of Champions for the top 32 players on June 27/28. Right now, I am 3rd behind Mike and Jesse Allred after 21 weeks. The room owner is adding money plus a brand new computer. We should have $1300 in the pot to shoot for, which is the biggest purse around here for quite awhile.

On Sundays, I play BCA league and I am #1 right now, ahead of Jesse and Mike, and we have 3 more weeks left. I had a perfect score of 20 and 0 until a guy broke and ran out on me, so then it was 24 and 1.

I did win a bar box tournament in Salem with 41 players a couple months ago and that was fun.

Work is keeping me extremely busy and that is why I haven't been around at all, not even lurking, lol. I do miss all my buddies on here and hope I haven't missed much.

I have cleaned out my inbox and it is all ready to go for all those people who have been trying to PM me - sorry I couldn't get to it earlier.
express103.gif


I look forward to meeting more of the AZB family in Chicago!
cue-ball.gif
 
Can we handle the Queen?

I think we can! :D

Lots of options listed!

I'd love to shoot some and you have a few choices as far as location depending on how much time you'll have.

I will notify the Mayor! :D
 
I think we can! :D

Lots of options listed!

I'd love to shoot some and you have a few choices as far as location depending on how much time you'll have.

I will notify the Mayor! :D

LOL! Based on your PM, I think Chris's will be fun. I'm always up for a tournament. Maybe I can pack my cue and bridge without the case. Thanks for your generous offer...dinner's on me. :wink:
Will see you soon.
 
LOL! Based on your PM, I think Chris's will be fun. I'm always up for a tournament. Maybe I can pack my cue and bridge without the case. Thanks for your generous offer...dinner's on me. :wink:
Will see you soon.

Awsome, you're on! lol

I have an extra 59" 314-2 Predator sneaky (w/ 30" shaft) you can borrow if you don't want the hassle of dealing with the airline bag.

If anyone else wants to stop by Chris's this Wednesday, by all means stop by. Free practice at 7:00pm, tourney starts at 8:00 for those interested. :D
 
Awsome, you're on! lol

I have an extra 59" 314-2 Predator sneaky (w/ 30" shaft) you can borrow if you don't want the hassle of dealing with the airline bag.

If anyone else wants to stop by Chris's this Wednesday, by all means stop by. Free practice at 7:00pm, tourney starts at 8:00 for those interested. :D


Thank you, I may take you up on the Predator, but I will check out what I can stash in my suitcase. Delta charges $15 for the first bag and it can't go over 50 pounds.
6.gif
Guess I can't bring along all those shoes then, lol.

Btw, is there any kind of dress code at Chris's? And is this the Chris's that someone posted in the poolhall pictures thread?

And yes, I would love to meet any and all AZBers from the Chicago area!
grouphugg.gif
 
Hi Linda, I'd love to meet you and I'm in Chicago right now but I wouldn't be able to get there until about 10:30 or later that night. If you'll still be there I'll stop in.

~rc
 
rackmsuckr...NO...and yes. Chris's is, shall we say, 'rustic', and everyone dresses very casual. Chris's is 'old school', definitely not 'yuppie'! :D Don't forget to walk around all three rooms, and read the cool stuff on the walls...there's a lot of history there.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Btw, is there any kind of dress code at Chris's? And is this the Chris's that someone posted in the poolhall pictures thread?
 
Hi Linda, I'd love to meet you and I'm in Chicago right now but I wouldn't be able to get there until about 10:30 or later that night. If you'll still be there I'll stop in.

~rc

Hopefully I will still be there, lol. Looking forward to seeing you.

Linda
 
rackmsuckr...NO...and yes. Chris's is, shall we say, 'rustic', and everyone dresses very casual. Chris's is 'old school', definitely not 'yuppie'! :D Don't forget to walk around all three rooms, and read the cool stuff on the walls...there's a lot of history there.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Thanks Scott. I look forward to playing in this historic poolroom. Will you be there?
 
Any AZ'ers wanna join us for dinner?

I'm picking Linda up hopefully at 6:00 and then we're going to go for some dinner. We haven't picked a place yet so if anyone would like to join us, feel free to pm me and we can adjust to the location that's easiest. If we have time, I'm thinking Lou Malnati's Deep Dish in Lincolnwood! Hopefully that heavy meal will slow her game down. :D

Some other thoughts are Sabatino's or Gale Street Inn because they are close to Chris's.

Let me know! :D
 
I'm picking Linda up hopefully at 6:00 and then we're going to go for some dinner. We haven't picked a place yet so if anyone would like to join us, feel free to pm me and we can adjust to the location that's easiest. If we have time, I'm thinking Lou Malnati's Deep Dish in Lincolnwood! Hopefully that heavy meal will slow her game down. :D

Some other thoughts are Sabatino's or Gale Street Inn because they are close to Chris's.

Let me know! :D

Not to hijack your thread but if you get a chance could you remind some of the 14.1 players at Chris's about the NCS National Championship 14.1 Qualifier at Red Shoes this Saturday?
 
  • Like
Reactions: "T"
Hopefully I will still be there, lol. Looking forward to seeing you.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Sad to say I most likely won't make it. I've been fighting a cold all day and have a late meeting (9:30 p.m. start) so I will see how I feel, but probably will just go to bed.

~rc
 
Hi Linda,

Sad to say I most likely won't make it. I've been fighting a cold all day and have a late meeting (9:30 p.m. start) so I will see how I feel, but probably will just go to bed.

~rc

The stars lined up and I made it. Great to meet you Linda. Also great to meet 't' and Ken (Cuesports). Great room but the tournament seemed to progress a little slowly. :)

~rc
 
The stars lined up and I made it. Great to meet you Linda. Also great to meet 't' and Ken (Cuesports). Great room but the tournament seemed to progress a little slowly. :)

~rc

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

(Still asleep. Will wake up later.)
 
Okay! Awake! :D

It was great meeting AZ'ers Cuesports, Sixpack, and of course, Her Majesty the Queen!

The Queen was supposed to visit here a few years ago for a major tournament. At the time, all I would have hoped for was a chance to say hello. Although that event didn't happen, I'm really glad to have had a chance to meet and hang out for a while. One thing is clear right from the start of meeting her is that she has a very, very good head on her shoulders.

The great thing about meeting other AZ'ers is there's always so much to talk about. Sometimes it as if the pool get's in the way of the conversation.

No problem this time! :D
 
Okay! Awake! :D

It was great meeting AZ'ers Cuesports, Sixpack, and of course, Her Majesty the Queen!

The Queen was supposed to visit here a few years ago for a major tournament. At the time, all I would have hoped for was a chance to say hello. Although that event didn't happen, I'm really glad to have had a chance to meet and hang out for a while. One thing is clear right from the start of meeting her is that she has a very, very good head on her shoulders.

The great thing about meeting other AZ'ers is there's always so much to talk about. Sometimes it as if the pool get's in the way of the conversation.

No problem this time! :D

Talk about some great people! T escorted me, drove me around and introduced me to real deep dish Chicago pizza! It was scrumptious!!! Then we went to historic Chris's - a genuine old school poolhall reminiscent of the 211 in Seattle.

I had been up since 1am that morning to catch my flight, and thought the tournament would be over by midnight, but there was a strange format where you drew every round and it dragged on so that I was only in 5th place by 2 am!!! I could not have played another round. I have no idea when the tournament actually got over! I went to sleep around 3 and got up at 6 and have not had a decent night since, because I have been scheduled every waking moment. It will be good to get home tonight!

All of you were so fun and it was great to talk to you all and I want to do it again soon. Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, just let me know and I will show you Crater Lake! Actually, I'm not sure why you would ever be in my neck of the woods, except maybe for the 3 cushion tournament held at the Elks Club, lol. :p
 
Thnx 2 Linda!

Well I just had to get to meet Linda after she had been wonderful enough to help me in the past!! Just another reason to meet up with the AZ family. Linda as others already know is a lady worth meeting, she is polite, sweet unassuming and intelligent what a winning combination! Did I mention she can play pool also!! While she may have struggled with the 'format' of the tournament you can get the sense she knows her way around a pool table. Rested and in her own environment I bet she is a handful.. It was also great to meet the other AZ members that showed up to support her and just play some pool at the venerable old Chris's of Chicago..
Dan
 
Back
Top