anyone looking to put me in us open

Al-fahl Amir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
hi everybody,i had a guy from hattiesburg ms tell me 2 weeks ago he wanted to put me in,well he cant now.anyway i figure this is a good way to reach out and find a backer.heres what i got in mind.give me a 1000 and we will split the money 60 percent me 40 percent you.or option b ,give me 1700 you get 60 percent i get 40. i have to give barry a answer by thurday evening so if someones interested please give me a pm .i figure since im posting our deal if i get one, that you will feel safe getting paid from me,since everyone can see what i have said.also if i make a deal with someone here, i will post your name if you like, with our arrangement so you will feel safe to get paid and everything .thanks for your time and talk to you guys later.

Hey John, If you need it I will give you the same deal that I do with Shawn. amc

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
look the idiot got the last word ,dang

it looks like the the jealous,wannabe,know it all ,negative,big mouth ,im better than you macguy got the last word on me and colin.and by the way idiot i mean macguy ,if you did not understand what i just wrote i will be happy to tell you in person .you know people like this guy make me sick,its half the reason i skip tourneys because i run into so many guys like macguy who know nothing about playing pool for a living.they are so jealous that they amounted to nothing that they try to drag the whole world with them.i did not mind his crap,but as soon as he starts basically telling me im bad for pool,i have no try in me,etc,etc,well im going to let him know what i think of him.my friends tell me to be thick skinned if im going to do something like pool where people are going to say negative things,but give me a break macguy .you know whats really embarassing is that im arguing with a nobody like macguy.anyway im not usually this mad but ive had enough of his crap.again this took me like an hour to type lol,so macguy you win you really made me mad.by the way macguy this is as close as youll ever come to being a good player and thats arguing with one . go stay in the woods and leave me alone

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Colin I think you missed my point

Colin I think you missed my point. My post was this very positive about John's conduct and abilities. I just don't think this is the forum but having said that if he plans on wading into the sandbox he sound be prepared to answer a question.

This should go in the "For Sale" section. A lot on forum members sell billiards related products. For most of us this is fine unless the whole thing becomes another episode of pimp my ride. This passes the smell test because a lot of us are interested in aforementioned and we just let it slide.

What if I started selling selling water purifiers on this forum...pool players drink water don't they? It's a slipper slope.

9579221.jpg

Colin Colenso said:
To Nick: Macguy was mocking him...trying to show his moral superiority.

Well done to John who put him in his place.

There's nothing wrong for a player to get a backer as a form of insurance, so long as that player gives his all. Plenty obviously trust John in this regard.

Colin

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Before any of you jump on John's coat tail and back him....you might want to consider getting him to sign a contract stating that he will be there for every match and not plan any golf outings.

Southpaw

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi southpaw

again when i went golfing it was on my own entry fee.if i went golfing when you put up the entry then im wrong.but again thanks for taking the opportunity to make me look bad, i appreciate it southpaw.mr wilson please ban me ,so i dont have the opportunity to get drug into defending myself from these people that live for the chance to make good players look like pieces of crap.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
again when i went golfing it was on my own entry fee.if i went golfing when you put up the entry then im wrong.but again thanks for taking the opportunity to make me look bad, i appreciate it southpaw.mr wilson please ban me ,so i dont have the opportunity to get drug into defending myself from these people that live for the chance to make good players look like pieces of crap.

I dont think you are a piece of crap by any means. I think you are one of the top 10 best players in the whole world! I watched you beat the 15 ball one pocket ghost in Atlanta. It was probably the most artistic performance that I have ever seen on a pool table. I guess thats why it completely baffles me as to why you are not willing to put up $500 of your own money to play in a tournament that you are one of the favorites in. And on top of that to ask for 2 or 3 times the entry amount. Guess you want to stay in the most expensive hotels and each steak and lobster every night too.....

Southpaw

T

Timberly

They say that there's 2 guarantee's in life.. taxes and death. On AZ there's another guarantee... southpaw, & chevette (who sounds A LOT like someone that was banned) will "stalk" John Schmidt on the forums and you can lay odds that it will be one of two stories. :rolleyes: Both stories have had multiple page threads. Supposedly nothing has happened since then (otherwise you would be spouting it) so when is this going to end?

FTR, no one here knows anyone's financial situation and what someone decides to do with their money is their own business. If John or anyone else on here wants a backer as opposed to using their own money, it's their prerogative. Who are any of you to tell him how to handle his finances or act as if you know his financial situation?!?!? :rolleyes: John's reasoning is simply his own business. Aaron can vouch for the fact that there are TONS of players that opt to use a backer. Some have the money to afford it themselves and some do not. Again, it's none of our business why or for what.

For those of you that have nitpicked about John picking this forum to make the post...has it ever occurred to any of you that it was a simple mistake? This is probably the forum he reads the most and where all the action currently is. If it truly bothers you guys so much, send wilson a PM and ask him to move it.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Timberly said:
They say that there's 2 guarantee's in life.. taxes and death. On AZ there's another guarantee... southpaw, & chevette (who sounds A LOT like someone that was banned) will "stalk" John Schmidt on the forums and you can lay odds that it will be one of two stories. :rolleyes: Both stories have had multiple page threads. Supposedly nothing has happened since then (otherwise you would be spouting it) so when is this going to end?

FTR, no one here knows anyone's financial situation and what someone decides to do with their money is their own business. If John or anyone else on here wants a backer as opposed to using their own money, it's their prerogative. Who are any of you to tell him how to handle his finances or act as if you know his financial situation?!?!? :rolleyes: John's reasoning is simply his own business. Aaron can vouch for the fact that there are TONS of players that opt to use a backer. Some have the money to afford it themselves and some do not. Again, it's none of our business why or for what.

For those of you that have nitpicked about John picking this forum to make the post...has it ever occurred to any of you that it was a simple mistake? This is probably the forum he reads the most and where all the action currently is. If it truly bothers you guys so much, send wilson a PM and ask him to move it.

and ofcourse the groupies will always follow.....

Southpaw

T

Timberly

Southpaw said:
and ofcourse the groupies will always follow.....

Southpaw
Had you not come on with the same tired story then my post wouldn't have been needed would it? I don't care if you like or dislike John... no skin off my back, but from a forum members standpoint, watching you guys stalk him bringing up the same two stories over and over and over, gets really old. Just let it die, please.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey southpaw

thanks for the compliments but when you ask me why i would not put up the 500 and im asking for 3 times what it costs to play and you say im going to eat lobster ,i mean are you serious.first the entry is 550,then my room which ill be sharing with bob hunter and another guy so that 250 at least.then theres my gas to get there and back say another 300 .then theres eating out 200-300.then after all that im giving up half of what i win which if things go well it could be a huge amount.if all it cost me was the entry fee i would never get staked again.i cant believe you even asked me that . anyway no hard feelings talk to ya later

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Southpaw said:
I dont think you are a piece of crap by any means. I think you are one of the top 10 best players in the whole world! I watched you beat the 15 ball one pocket ghost in Atlanta. It was probably the most artistic performance that I have ever seen on a pool table. I guess thats why it completely baffles me as to why you are not willing to put up $500 of your own money to play in a tournament that you are one of the favorites in. And on top of that to ask for 2 or 3 times the entry amount. Guess you want to stay in the most expensive hotels and each steak and lobster every night too.....

Southpaw

$1,000 will not even cover entry fee + hotel, unless he shares a room, and then it just barely will. You might think John should volunteer to share a room, but doing so at tournaments can be tricky. What if his roommate is out late at the poolroom and wakes John when he comes in the room at 7am, and John has a match at 11am? If I were a backer, I'd love to shell out the extra $300 to have my horse not have to deal with any of that stuff.

What about transportation costs?

If I were a backer, I'd be proud to have John as my horse. I've never seen him act like anything but a gentleman in a tournament, and he sure hits them balls good.

- Steve

Last edited:

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Had you not come on with the same tired story then my post wouldn't have been needed would it? I don't care if you like or dislike John... no skin off my back, but from a forum members standpoint, watching you guys stalk him bringing up the same two stories over and over and over, gets really old. Just let it die, please.

I do not dislike John.....when you post something on a public forum, you have to be willing to hear all opinions. If he/you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! ok Wonder Woman.....keep flying in to the rescue.

Southpaw

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Timberly said:

I'm not sure why you drug me into this, but i haven't said a word about or to John Schmidt. In fact, we pm'd each other and have talked about playing a round of friendly golf with some mutual friends. I don't appreciate your comments especially when I don't even HAVE A POST in the thread!!!
It seems that you are always quick to judge others in posts that have absolutely nothing to do with you! I don't care how many pool players you have " hung around" , lol, it gives you no right to implecate others when you don't know what you are talking about.

Purdman

Banned
john schmidt said:
thanks for the compliments but when you ask me why i would not put up the 500 and im asking for 3 times what it costs to play and you say im going to eat lobster ,i mean are you serious.first the entry is 550,then my room which ill be sharing with bob hunter and another guy so that 250 at least.then theres my gas to get there and back say another 300 .then theres eating out 200-300.then after all that im giving up half of what i win which if things go well it could be a huge amount.if all it cost me was the entry fee i would never get staked again.i cant believe you even asked me that . anyway no hard feelings talk to ya later

Hey John, if you are driving, you can stop by my place and eat some lobsters.:D I am gonna cash in my 4 lobsters I got for Christmas last year. I will order them tomorrow morning and have them Friday. How's that my man!!
Purdman:cool:

The Purdman eats well, very well indeed!!!:D

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
you know whats really embarassing is that im arguing with a nobody like macguy.

JS,
You realize that you are making his day by even acknowledging his existence.

These guys are just SAD. Anyone who isn't willing to accept the existence of backers, and who thinks such arrangements are a "handout" is just clueless.

At AZB there is a word for such argumentative, judgmental posters - TROLL. Now that you know what trolls are; feel free to COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM. The great thing about AZB is that these people stand out like a sore thumb, and almost everybody ignores or pity's them. You are not obligated to even respond to them. JMO

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
prize distributions?

Does anyone know the prize distributions of this year's open?

I think knowing the distributions will be helpful in determining if backing John would be a good gamble.

EDIT: Here is the prize distributions of last year's open...

http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showtourney2005.cfm?eventnum=179

Let's assume it'll be the same this year. A few simple calculations would tell you what place john has to finish in order for you to break even. So you guys think this is a good bet? I surely have an answer for myself.

BTW, i have no problem with the concept of backing...assuming the odds are good.

Wish you the best John!

Last edited:

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
These guys are just SAD. Anyone who isn't willing to accept the existence of backers, and who thinks such arrangements are a "handout" is just clueless.

Lol...I wonder if Tiger Woods needs a backer? Oh wait...there is more money from sponsors in golf...wonder why?

Southpaw

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
hi everybody,i had a guy from hattiesburg ms tell me 2 weeks ago he wanted to put me in,well he cant now.anyway i figure this is a good way to reach out and find a backer.heres what i got in mind.give me a 1000 and we will split the money 60 percent me 40 percent you.or option b ,give me 1700 you get 60 percent i get 40. i have to give barry a answer by thurday evening so if someones interested please give me a pm .i figure since im posting our deal if i get one, that you will feel safe getting paid from me,since everyone can see what i have said.also if i make a deal with someone here, i will post your name if you like, with our arrangement so you will feel safe to get paid and everything .thanks for your time and talk to you guys later.

John, a fellow just called and wants to put you in. If you will pm me, I will give you his number and you two can work it all out.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick B said:
Colin I think you missed my point. My post was this very positive about John's conduct and abilities. I just don't think this is the forum but having said that if he plans on wading into the sandbox he sound be prepared to answer a question.

This should go in the "For Sale" section. A lot on forum members sell billiards related products. For most of us this is fine unless the whole thing becomes another episode of pimp my ride. This passes the smell test because a lot of us are interested in aforementioned and we just let it slide.

What if I started selling selling water purifiers on this forum...pool players drink water don't they? It's a slipper slope.
I'll leave that for the adminstrators to decide. In my opinion John was giving an invitation to a group of people who already know him. Not really soliciting for public interest. Similar to the way I posted here about sharing accommodations.

Perhaps I misunderstood your original post. You seemed to think Macguy had a point. If you have seen the countless negative / attacking posts by Macguy over many months I'd doubt you'd support him. He's a know all that doesn't know so much, who has never showed the slightest hint of admitting a wrong doing. At least not in my memory. ANyone with any sense avoids him like the plague, but it's as annoying as hell to have him come in here and launch his attacks without criticism, or just leaving one poster to defend themselves against his turgid logic.

Hope that explains my understanding and motivation for posting that reply to you Nick.

Colin