APA Rackless Night Patches

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the apa division i play in has never awarded these patches. it has been recently sold and the new owner decided to start giving them out...or at least he has them in his possesion. myself and another player on my team have done this recently on different nights. however, the LO stated that in order to recieve the patch, the whole team has to have a rackless night :confused:. i knpow this cant possibly be the case in other states and divisions, right?

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
It should be awarded on a player-basis, not team-basis. My wife plays APA and her teammates have received them...she's trying to get her own.

With that said, I'm pretty sure this innocent post will generate another APA firestorm in 3....2....1....

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
the apa division i play in has never awarded these patches. it has been recently sold and the new owner decided to start giving them out...or at least he has them in his possesion. myself and another player on my team have done this recently on different nights. however, the LO stated that in order to recieve the patch, the whole team has to have a rackless night :confused:. i knpow this cant possibly be the case in other states and divisions, right?

There are multiple patches, one a Rackless Night is an individual player award for winning the lag and each game afterwards in the match.

I believe that your LO is referring to is the Team "Clean Sweep Patch"

Here's a link describing and showing various APA patches.

http://teamapa.com/custompages/custom_pages.asp?Page_ID=22

The most prized APA patch I have earned is the "The Triple Play 7-0 Clean Sweep Patch" is available when you play in a Masters Division and when you beat your opponent 7-0. It is an individual award.

I have a large stack of those rackless night patches if your LO won't give you one pm me your address.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Anyone want to sell a few? I could use a few for my cue case. They should help get some action. Johnnyt

mm4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as others have stated, a rackless is an individual achievement. johnnyt if serious, pm me an address and i will send you some, i have an excess.

Mike

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
"3 weeks in a row" and "on-time" patches!!

3431829.jpg

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
Anyone want to sell a few? I could use a few for my cue case. They should help get some action. Johnnyt

you would do better with the t-shirts we get for making it to the division championships. they are all i wear. people get pissed when i beat them wearing one of those f'in things.:D

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
I've been playing APA since 2006 and have never heard of a rackless patch.

My league hands out 9 & 8 ball break-n-run & 8 ball on the break patches.

Makes me wonder how many different APA patches are out there.

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I've been playing APA since 2006 and have never heard of a rackless patch.

My league hands out 9 & 8 ball break-n-run & 8 ball on the break patches.

Makes me wonder how many different APA patches are out there.

I have a "Sandbagging Patch", it's two sandbags hanging off a palm tree.

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jrt30004....that was pretty funny. I like how you think. I love it when I beat younger guys (I'm 60) and they have that pout/shocked face on. How sweet would that be if I had one of those tee shirts too!

Patches....patches....we don't got no stinkin' patches....

My league operator not only doesn't give out patches...he has a web site that he has not updated since the winter. So you can get the schedule for February, but if you need to find out where you are playing this week, you are SOL. Same goes for standings. In fact, he still has the "MVP's from 2005" prominently posted. I guess he is still working on 2006 forward. But every week....he gets my $8.....

Ah....the good old APA. I still have 11 more years until my twins go to college, so I guess I'll still be playing....

bob

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have

8 ON THE BREAK, 8 BREAK & RUN, RACKLESS NIGHT (pins available for all 3)
5-0 Clean Sweep in 8 Ball, I Beat a 6 and 7 in 8 Ball

9 ON THE SNAP, 9 BREAK & RUN, I BEAT AN 8 & 9, 20-0 SKUNK in 9 Ball

MINI SLAM (Making the 8 on the Break and having a Break & Run same night)
(Making the 9 on the Snap and having a Break & Run same night)

MVP PATCH, SPORTSMANSHIP PATCH, DIVISION REP PATCH

I BEAT A SL6, SL7, SL8 AND SL9. These patches are for Players of SL 4 and below.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
as others have stated, a rackless is an individual achievement. johnnyt if serious, pm me an address and i will send you some, i have an excess.

Mike

Thank you for the kind offer, but I was only joking. I should have put a smilie there. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
you would do better with the t-shirts we get for making it to the division championships. they are all i wear. people get pissed when i beat them wearing one of those f'in things.:D

Cool idea. Thanks. Johnnyt

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have

8 ON THE BREAK, 8 BREAK & RUN, RACKLESS NIGHT (pins available for all 3)
5-0 Clean Sweep in 8 Ball, I Beat a 6 and 7 in 8 Ball

9 ON THE SNAP, 9 BREAK & RUN, I BEAT AN 8 & 9, 20-0 SKUNK in 9 Ball

MINI SLAM (Making the 8 on the Break and having a Break & Run same night)
(Making the 9 on the Snap and having a Break & Run same night)

MVP PATCH, SPORTSMANSHIP PATCH, DIVISION REP PATCH

I BEAT A SL6, SL7, SL8 AND SL9. These patches are for Players of SL 4 and below.

Dayum, some people must have some REALLY cool looking denim jackets in your area.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That is an incredible amount of patches, you'd need a case the size of a car to hold them all.

IMHO I'd be incredibly angry if someone beats me (not that they beat me, they get a handshake and GG) and then gets to sport a patch that they beat me.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Patches may be laughable to the devoted/serious players you'll find on AZB, but I can assure you that the typical APA player really does care about them.