Arizona pool player thread

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
You are not far from Main Street Billiards, on Main Street in Mesa, East of Dobson. Great tables, food and plenty to drink and there is always something going on. I'm there daily, action every now and then and always someone will to play just to play.

Kolby's as well, on University, West of McClintock in Tempe. Seems the crowd is small lately, but there is a lot of one pocket action by the regulars.

You also have Jester's Billiards, Baseline and Gilbert, however, that seems to me more of a "banger"/College crowd and honestly, the tables aren't exactly great. I was in there a few months back and there wasn't much happening and the 3-4 tables I tried out were horrible.

Shoot me a PM, maybe we can get together sometime. If you're on FaceBook, find AZ Pool Scene and "like" that page, there is a lot of good info there with tourney postings as well.
Hey Tank, I am ray and Val Vista so puts me out quite a few miles. I think I just want a room across the street :) I will stay in touch Tank and if I get the itch to get out and play I will contact you and Crugar so I can take both of your BAnkrolls at once instead of making 2 trips :)

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Mr Crugar, Doing good sir. I so would like a Legends and Champions Pool Room. Right here in Gilbert.

Skip and Jans is maybe the closest but I don't get the pool room feel out of that place. The tables are great the last time I played there just after RKC had been there but the bar/lounge area don't have the pool room atmosphere that I like. Probably because the tables are separated from the lounge. Jmo. Hope all is well with.you too

Glad to hear it! Yeah, that just kinda sounds and feels right doesn't it? GET TO WORK FOOL!!!

Yeah I hear ya on that. It has more the feel of a sports bar trying to be too much. I went for their friday tourny and the karoke really turned me off to it. I don't mind loud music. I prefer it to drown out pool player sniveling lol. But come on loud drunks screaming at the mike like they caught it cheating on them mid tourny is a bit of a buzz kill for me. :)

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Hey Tank, I am ray and Val Vista so puts me out quite a few miles. I think I just want a room across the street :) I will stay in touch Tank and if I get the itch to get out and play I will contact you and Crugar so I can take both of your BAnkrolls at once instead of making 2 trips :)

I been waiting YEARS to get in your pocket son LOL. Watch out for tank, he is a stone cold killer... I just like to play and will grind you down over a 12 hour session, Tank was sent from the future to kill sarah connors LOL.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Yeah, I was throwing around the idea of doing a bunch of different tournament ideas that were previously done from Alexander's (RIP).

The Long Tournament - 32 players, Play 10 matches every Wednesday Night after league (All scheduled out), Double elimination Tournament, would take a few months to complete.

Round Robin Challenge(s) - 1 Day or Longer

North vs South Challenge

Big Money Challenges

etc. etc.

I think we need to do an east vs west challenge. kolbys,main st,skip n jans team vs metro, bullshooters, stingers crew.

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
3 words: Straight Pool Tournament

There is only one real 14.1 tournament a year, the DCT 14.1 stop (state championship). And while I definitely appreciate this tour stop, this game deserves more than one tournament a year as it truly encompasses all facets of pocket billiards. For over 60 years it determined the world champion prior to the popularity of rotation games for TV.

It could be done as a tournament, a challenge, a round robin format... the possibilities are endless. With the recent resurgence in 14.1, I think this would be a fantastic way to expose many players to the game.

Ray Robles

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
3 words: Straight Pool Tournament

There is only one real 14.1 tournament a year, the DCT 14.1 stop (state championship). And while I definitely appreciate this tour stop, this game deserves more than one tournament a year as it truly encompasses all facets of pocket billiards. For over 60 years it determined the world champion prior to the popularity of rotation games for TV.

It could be done as a tournament, a challenge, a round robin format... the possibilities are endless. With the recent resurgence in 14.1, I think this would be a fantastic way to expose many players to the game.

Ray Robles

I agree Ray! 14.1 is a great game and is under appreciated in most of the pool circles. Where would mosconi be without the "526"? He would still be legendary no doubts, but that run he put in the record books made him a pool god. I would also like to see the dct add a banks tourny to the list. Or just get one going. It gets less respect than 14.1 here LOL.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tucson....

Hey, finally a Arizona thread, I love it.

Just wanted to let you Phoenicians know, I'm keeping an eye on you. ;)

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1 is too hard . you have to make decisions about which balls to shoot.
That's why I like 9B. The instructions are written right on the balls.
Kitty's manana, Jason.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
14.1 is too hard . you have to make decisions about which balls to shoot.
That's why I like 9B. The instructions are written right on the balls.
Kitty's manana, Jason.

I have no idea on how to play 14.1 the "correct" way. I just try to run out lol. My high run is 38. :happydance:
Yes sir!!! We are due to snap one off.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
You playing in the finale?

No, I can't play in it. Both my kids have soccer tournaments that weekend so we'll be tied up with that all weekend.

I'm glad they dropped the requirement down to only having to have played in 1 event prior to be qualified. I did play 1 event, finishing 5th, and I know many others were only able to play in 1 as well.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WE WON!!! Good shooting george!!!!!!!!

Winner's side all the way. One hill-hill match in the hot seat and out. I started to fall apart but Jason held me up. We started at 1:00 P.M. and finished a 1:00 A.M.
Not bad for an old fart.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Winner's side all the way. One hill-hill match in the hot seat and out. I started to fall apart but Jason held me up. We started at 1:00 P.M. and finished a 1:00 A.M.
Not bad for an old fart.

2 hill hill battles. Tony and Todd were sitting on the hill when WE RAN OUT AND BROKE AND RAN the case game to get to the hot seat match. God **** winning is fun.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
1st Annual Winter Showdown

jan_special_tournament.gif

Skip & Jan's

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
jan_special_tournament.gif

Skip & Jan's

This looks interesting, what are the green fees or any other fees that the tournament will have? That is one thing I wish tournaments listed, I hate going to a $20 entry where $12 is taken out for green and director fees. Is it big or small table?