AWESOME ZYLR (Kerry-Cali-Koo)

DJKeys

Sound Design
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ordered this cue from Kerry back in 2006. It has to be one of the last cues he made. Joey Bautista finished the cue and made two amazing shafts with Zeiler inserts and ferrules. He delivered it to me at the 4th Annual West Coast Cue Show (the original WCCS) and I gave it to Kenny Koo who did the beautiful smooth black calf wrap.

The forearm and butt sleeve are made of the most gorgeous piece of curly purpleheart I have ever seen. The handle is purple heart as well. Stag collars, joint, and buttcap with triple silver ringwork.

I hit a few balls (middle ball, no chalk) when I received it last Tuesday, and it is one incredible player.

I feel very fortunate to have this cue and it was worked on by three of the best in the business. Kerry, rest in peace.

I owe a debt of gratitude to Joey for making this possible. This is one special cue.

Enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • ZLogo.jpg
    ZLogo.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,822
  • ZFore.jpg
    ZFore.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,853
  • ZCollars.jpg
    ZCollars.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,815
  • ZButt.jpg
    ZButt.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,796
  • ZButt2.jpg
    ZButt2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,822
I love everything about this cue.


Will you play with it?



Thanks for sharing,
Chris
 
Thanks, Chris.

I am going to take it out for a full spin this Sunday, will let you know. My gut is that it is too special to get banged up. I may just put it away in a case.

-dj
 
Last edited:
congratulations on this cue.

nice looking woods on this cue.

This cue looks like something I will use as my daily shooter. :)
 
Sweet looking cue, I had one similar, the one with the Ropey Bubinga and it was one of the only 2 or 3 cues I wish I had back.

Thanks for sharing.
-don
 
JoeyInCali is really carrying on the work of Kerry. Joey has some excellent wood and he knows how to make a great cue!

--Jeff
 
JoeyInCali is really carrying on the work of Kerry. Joey has some excellent wood and he knows how to make a great cue!

--Jeff

Agreed. Joey did a fantastic job finishing this cue as well.I have a Joey cue and it is an awesome hitter!
 
Thanks for all of the kind words.

Joey says that Kerry is smiling, and I agree.

So am I......

-dj
 
Congratulations DJ.....Man-o-man the pictures of this cue have me on fire to get my Joey cue in my hands. I have a curly purpleheart coming from Joey in the near future. And I can hardly wait....

Al
 
Congratulations DJ.....Man-o-man the pictures of this cue have me on fire to get my Joey cue in my hands. I have a curly purpleheart coming from Joey in the near future. And I can hardly wait....

Al

You guys are tempting me to placed a third order from Joey.. :angry:
Can't wait for my cue too. ;)
 
Thanks for the kind words, Steve. You have the most incredible collection.

This cue deserves one more look before it falls off the page.

Thanks again, everyone.

-dj
 
joey vs joey

So whats the verdict dj? Olivewood or Purpleheart? Who's the heavyweight champ?
 
So whats the verdict dj? Olivewood or Purpleheart? Who's the heavyweight champ?

They both hit incredible, Mike.

I think I have to bring them both down there and play them side by side. The Kerry cue is not cored, Joey's is. Both have stag joints. and similar ferrule material and hard tips. Maybe we can have a cue o rama soon and try them out-

-dj
 
Back
Top