Balabushka cues?

forty6and2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to get a new cue and I'm not sure what to get. What does everyone think of Balabushka's? I've only owned Schon's w/ 314's so I don't really know what other cues hit like. How's the hit on the Bushka's? Are the new ones good? I love the look/style of them!

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Looking to get a new cue and I'm not sure what to get. What does everyone think of Balabushka's? I've only owned Schon's w/ 314's so I don't really know what other cues hit like. How's the hit on the Bushka's? Are the new ones good? I love the look/style of them!

I'd just suggest getting a Schon shaft and put on your Schon, for a production cue it doesn't get much better than that.

bobforest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

as far as I'm aware these are produced by Adam - I used to play with an Adam cue a few years ago and it was fine... a good solid player with a good feel/hit. I traded up price-wise because i'm the kind of idiot that is always looking for 'more'... but quite honestly, I would be happy to have another Adam as my daily playing cue.

Having said that - there may be better cues for the money - Jive has suggested MEZZ and he knows what he is talking about.

Bob

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon R series

Put your money in a cue that will play outstanding and appreciate in value like a Schon R-Series.. Just sayin...

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
I do agree for the money your going to pay for a replica bushka, ( i don't think they are made by Adams anymore), you can get a nice custom . I had an Adams bushka an it played very well and had very nice quality.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Adams buska

As said above you can do a lot better.
MMike

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I suppose there's been a reasonably good market for these cues. They are reproductions of the original, of course.
If you're a serious player, and want the best, buy a Schon, or a Mezz.
Have an UltraSkin tip installed on it, and you're good to go. :)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too would recommend buying a used custom verses a new production cue.

Same money.

Ken

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
The question should be your budget...how much are you looking to spend. Bushka's are made by Adam and Adams are made in china by the same factory that makes predators (to my knowledge) which is not a bad thing. Mezz is made by Mezz in Japan.

I don't own a Mezz anymore buy I can say for certainty that they're better than more than half the custom cues out there in terms of build, quality and play. And since you're into LD you should really consider their cues.

But ofcourse if your budget permits then you can still find a simple bushka design you like and have a good cue maker make you one and match a 314 on it, the play should almost be similar to your schon.

CoachDitka2001

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Balabushka cues currently for sale on the site of the same name are NOT made by Adam, they are subbed out to China. Adam had the rights to the Balabushka name and used to make them, however a US-based company bought the rights recently and has them made in China. Real Adam cues are made in Japan, and are excellent quality. You can still get Adam-made Balabushka cues on eBay on occasion. One other note is that it would appear that the company that bought the US rights to Balabushka also bought the US rights to the Adam name and now sells Chinese versions of Adam cues, NOT to be confused with real Adam cues from Japan.

Adam (Japan) made and makes an excellent cue. I played with one of the Balabusha line for many years, and still have one in my case that I play with on a regular basis.

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member
The Balabushka cues currently for sale on the site of the same name are NOT made by Adam, they are subbed out to China. Adam had the rights to the Balabushka name and used to make them, however a US-based company bought the rights recently and has them made in China. Real Adam cues are made in Japan, and are excellent quality. You can still get Adam-made Balabushka cues on eBay on occasion. One other note is that it would appear that the company that bought the US rights to Balabushka also bought the US rights to the Adam name and now sells Chinese versions of Adam cues, NOT to be confused with real Adam cues from Japan.

Adam (Japan) made and makes an excellent cue. I played with one of the Balabusha line for many years, and still have one in my case that I play with on a regular basis.

This is true, and it is an important distinction. However, I would also like to say that the cues being made now are VERY good. I've been dealing in Balabushkas for 12 years or so, and I have compared them side-by-side. In terms of fit and finish, and hit, they are equal to the Japanese made Bushkas, perhaps even better.