Ball in Hand Question

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I was hooked good and scratched shooting at the OB. I grabbed the cue ball out of the pocket and it slipped out of my hand, bounced on the table and fell right into a 5 lb jar of vaseline I carry to all my matches. I pick up the ball and place it in my opponents hand. Wasn't it good sportsmanship to not make him retrieve the cue ball from the pocket?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bite......

I was hooked good and scratched shooting at the OB. I grabbed the cue ball out of the pocket and it slipped out of my hand, bounced on the table and fell right into a 5 lb jar of vaseline I carry to all my matches. I pick up the ball and place it in my opponents hand. Wasn't it good sportsmanship to not make him retrieve the cue ball from the pocket?

What's the vaseline for? And why do you carry it to all your matches?:poke:

RichLec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you clean the ball off?

Some times i feel like i am getting in the opponents way when i go for the ball for them and sometimes i feel like they expect me to get it for them. I usually just get it and hand it over.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think rolling the ball back to your opponent allowing it to pickup the table lint along the way is considered proper etiquette in that circumstance.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
To keep my dominant eye and shaft lubricated. Using abrasives wears things down, I am a lubricant kind of guy.

I'm just like you. When on the road I always carry my tip shaper and a jar of vaseline for emergencies. :cool:

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
Old School

Vaseline is so.....Old School....try the newer lubricants by trojan. Carry the His/Her pack and be prepared to offer assistance to one and all.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Vaseline is so.....Old School....try the newer lubricants by trojan. Carry the His/Her pack and be prepared to offer assistance to one and all.

Yeah, yeah, from the looks of your avatar, you're prolly rubbin' Dapper Dan on your tool :yikes:!!!

Maniac

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
slippery business

You are to be commended for your sportsmanlike conduct but I think that you will find K-Y Jelly to be a vast improvement over vaseline.