Ball Polisher

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Thought I'd mention this again since it's been quite a while, just in case some readers haven't seen it.

Anybody can have a ball polisher for next to nothing, both in effort and expense. Just add a piece of scrap carpet and liquid nails to this picture and its done. Maybe 10 minutes to make it. :thumbup:

Attachments

• ball cleaner.jpg
    ball cleaner.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 790

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I made the one with the 5 gal bucket about 5 years ago. I clean 15 balls every other day. People that see how well it works can't wait to go home and make one and those that spent $100's of dollars on theres just shed a tear. :wink: Johnnyt

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Y'a im not big on those that let the balls collide and grind against each other while being cleaned

I'm lazy and leave that stuff to the pros
Robert ingold on fb Made me mine

He can make any configuration youd want

I want 6 carom ball sized holes and a timer

Attachments

• 12508907_10204355704887298_7469828827625488922_n.jpg
    12508907_10204355704887298_7469828827625488922_n.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 749
Last edited:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I bought the diamond one and am a happy customer.

I'm sure. I wasn't trying to imply that commercial ball cleaners didn't do a great job. However, the point was they are expensive and a lot of people can't afford them, or justify the expense considering all the other expenses of every day life. Myself included. Those machines can cost 400 to 600 dollars. My offering is 10 to 20 times less expensive.

There are many of us still cleaning balls one by one with an old cloth, not because its fun, but perhaps because they hadn't considered this easy alternative. .

The recent post on polish inspired me to recall this inexpensive and easier than manual way to polish balls.

So while a 500+ dollar machine would be nice, for home use that cuts the time and effort in more than half for 35 bucks or so, my alternative ain't a bad way to go.

As far as worry that the ball collide while cleaning them, they are gently and randomly rolling around on carpet. Far less shock than playing pool with them.

Anyway, if you can't or won't allow yourself to spend hundreds on a ball cleaner, and you're to damned lazy yo make one out of a bucket like me, this works fine.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I'd mention this again since it's been quite a while, just in case some readers haven't seen it.

Anybody can have a ball polisher for next to nothing, both in effort and expense. Just add a piece of scrap carpet and liquid nails to this picture and its done. Maybe 10 minutes to make it. :thumbup:

What is that buffer thing? How much is it and where do you buy?
thanks,

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I made the one with the 5 gal bucket about 5 years ago. I clean 15 balls every other day. People that see how well it works can't wait to go home and make one and those that spent $100's of dollars on theres just shed a tear. :wink: Johnnyt

The only tear I will shed will be a tear of happiness over what a fine piece of equipment my Diamond ball polisher is, I do not regret it for a second. Since I have over $1k invested in pool ball sets it just did not make sense to me to take a chance effing one up in a home made polisher. Im sure I could have made a very nice polisher, but the way I see it I was better off earning money doing what I do and paying someone to do what they do rather than spend my time on research and development.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never had an issue with my home made bucket polisher. Has anyone actually damaged balls using one ?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
If I had the money, the Diamond and other commercial ball polishers would be on my list.

I was pretty satisfied with using a bucket ball polisher. About $35-50 in parts from Home Depot, or Freight Harbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtbvoXqi7x8

For those who own a set, but carry their own cue balls, a zip lock bag and Armaith Ball Polisher works pretty well.

The only tear I will shed will be a tear of happiness over what a fine piece of equipment my Diamond ball polisher is, I do not regret it for a second. Since I have over $1k invested in pool ball sets it just did not make sense to me to take a chance effing one up in a home made polisher. Im sure I could have made a very nice polisher, but the way I see it I was better off earning money doing what I do and paying someone to do what they do rather than spend my time on research and development.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member

I get it, Johnny, but in all honesty I love my Diamond single platter and it was hundreds. ;)

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I did a lot of research and decided on this ball washer.

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Attachments

• car wash.jpg
    car wash.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 393

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a lot of research and decided on this ball washer.

Expensive, but worth every penny.

That model is only good for 2 balls at a time...... you need to be able to do all 16 at once. ;):thumbup:

Attachments

• Baywash-Girls_BG.jpg
    Baywash-Girls_BG.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 504