Banking The CTE Way On A Diamond Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm tucking this post here in this thread because apparently it is a hot potato. I inquired about how CTE users might fare while using virtual pool software that forces you to shoot from directly behind the cue rather than from an offset. I still think it is an interesting question but some here would rather have the question removed than to discuss/debate it. Why?

I'm not sure whether the topic was removed for some implied sleight on my part or because of the horrible things Low keeps saying about me. I didn't report it so I have to assume it is the former reason. Tissue paper thin skin around this place. :confused:

The question was legit.

I saw all the usual howling from all the usual factions and thought: instead, why don't you just answer the question?

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's pretty sad that all these "supervised" CTE threads are immediately converted into ring games. I just saw a clip of Scooter and Scotty Townsend on hoorah and that seems to be the net effect here.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by Dan White

I'm tucking this post here in this thread because apparently it is a hot potato. I inquired about how CTE users might fare while using virtual pool software that forces you to shoot from directly behind the cue rather than from an offset. I still think it is an interesting question but some here would rather have the question removed than to discuss/debate it. Why?

I'm not sure whether the topic was removed for some implied sleight on my part or because of the horrible things Low keeps saying about me. I didn't report it so I have to assume it is the former reason. Tissue paper thin skin around this place.

No reason for that thread to be taken down.

I agree, no reason I saw to have it deleted, other than the fact that it was an inquiry directed at CTE users. Still, for all other aiming methods, I think pool simulators or games that show actually shots, cb to ob relationships, can benefit a player's game.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

CTE users trying to shoot from directly behind the cue would fare just as miserably as YOU and all the other CTE knockers who don't know CTE trying to use it incorrectly which is the only thing you do know. But most importantly, as I said in the post...WHO CARES?! WE DON'T WANT TO USE A SYSTEM FROM DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CUE ANY MORE THAN YOU DO FROM AN OFFSET.

I'm not sure whether the topic was removed for some implied sleight on my part or because of the horrible things Low keeps saying about me. I didn't report it so I have to assume it is the former reason. Tissue paper thin skin around this place. :confused:

Lets make something clear right here and now. I started THIS thread and it had to do with using CTE for banking. It illustrated what can be done with somebody who really knows the exact way to use it for banks. Is Stan skilled in banking from many years of doing it? Yes, but he still used every shot with CTE and another video was shown where he calls out the visuals for all the shots from a 1 rail to 4 rail bank. Most of you, including me, wouldn't even think about or visualize the possibility of a 4 rail bank from where the balls were positioned. That was enlightening.

It got attacked and sidetracked from every direction just as it always does by the FAB 5.

If you want to show this method of banking, START YOUR OWN THREAD! There is also no reason to troll and bait others about how they would fare with a "noser" method that we DON'T use and you damn well know it. You did it for no other reason than to start SHIT as INNOCENT DAN WHITE always does.

Btw, I did NOT report the thread. But I'm glad someone did.

Do you want to talk about this method? FINE, no problem.

START YOUR OWN FRIGGIN' THREAD...STAY OUT OF MINE...AND LEAVE CTE, STAN, AND CTE USERS THE HELL OUT OF IT AND LET WHATEVER IT IS STAND ON IT'S OWN MERIT! NO COMPARISONS ARE REQUIRED.

AND QUIT WHINING AND CRYING LIKE A HURT LITTLE CHILD THAT YOU SOMEHOW GOT WRONGED WHEN YOU DAMN WELL KNOW WHAT YOUR INTENTIONS WERE AS DOES EVERYONE ELSE.

FORUM RULE: If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

YOU BROKE THE RULE FOR COMPARISONS. NOT SOMEONE CALLING YOU NAMES.

DID I MENTION TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY THREAD AND START YOUR OWN?! THERE'S A YELLOW BOX AT THE TOP LEFT OF THE FORUM PAGE THAT SAYS "NEW THREAD."
USE IT. BUT WE KNOW YOU'D RATHER KEEP WHINING AND CRYING ALONG WITH THE REMAINING FAB5 ABOUT HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT WHERE IT WAS AND NOT REMOVED BECAUSE IT IS SOOOOO BENEFICIAL AND GREAT. THIS TIME, IF YOU DO MAKE A NEW THREAD, I WILL REPORT IT AND YOU IF THERE ARE ANY COMPARISONS TO CTE OR CALLING OUT OF CTE USERS TO TROLL, BAIT, AND ANTAGONIZE FOR A FLAME WAR.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE users trying to shoot from directly behind the cue would fare just as miserably as YOU and all the other CTE knockers who don't know CTE trying to use it incorrectly which is the only thing you do know. But most importantly, as I said in the post...WHO CARES?! WE DON'T WANT TO USE A SYSTEM FROM DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CUE ANY MORE THAN YOU DO FROM AN OFFSET.

One reason I was interested in the idea of CTE users playing with virtual pool is because I actually play from an offset and I also sweep visually into my shots. What is playing from an offset anyway? To me, it is not playing with what people call your "vision center" behind the cue. I developed a method of play, for good or bad, in which I mostly centered my non-dominant eye over the cue. This produced the straightest stroke and over time my brain got used to the offset position.

However, when looking at VP games in which I cannot place my vision where I normally would, I can still see the shots just fine. When I look at a cut shot on VP I still know when it looks right. I think CTE users would also do just fine because I think they also "see" when a shot is on. I don't know enough about how the brain/vision works to understand. Maybe there would be a short adjustment period, maybe not.

Do you want to talk about this method? FINE, no problem.

I tried that and you guys went ape sh*t. Maybe you can start the thread over for me so it doesn't get taken down?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I tried that and you guys went ape sh*t. Maybe you can start the thread over for me so it doesn't get taken down?

It's your thread and idea, you put it up and let it stand on it's own. No comparisons to CTE, Tyler Styer, or ANY of us. We don't use it nor care to use it. CTE does just fine. If it's another good system, don't rob the other players who need help.

I have no idea how to access it or know what it's called since I didn't open the link and could care less.

If you want to stroke your pet lizard at home, do it with your own hand and put your own incredible banking video up. Mine will be CTE based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4KYhhzduhM&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=83&t=0s

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's your thread and idea, you put it up and let it stand on it's own. No comparisons to CTE, Tyler Styer, or ANY of us. We don't use it nor care to use it. CTE does just fine. If it's another good system, don't rob the other players who need help.

I have no idea how to access it or know what it's called since I didn't open the link and could care less.

If you want to stroke your pet lizard at home, do it with your own hand and put your own incredible banking video up. Mine will be CTE based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4KYhhzduhM&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=83&t=0s

Where's Joe Low500 to shout to everybody how you put me in my place?:grin-square:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Where's Joe Low500 to shout to everybody how you put me in my place?:grin-square:

He, like everyone else, is more than likely waiting for you to put the link up in a new thread.

ALL of us used to be "nosers" for a long time including the pro players and it would be a good reminder of why we switched and will never go back.

There are those who play that way now and that's fine also. Maybe they'll learn something new that improves their play and they'll not want to ever get involved with CTE whether it's to play or live in the forum knocking it.

They can keep their nose where it belongs. :D

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He, like everyone else, is more than likely waiting for you to put the link up in a new thread.

ALL of us used to be "nosers" for a long time including the pro players and it would be a good reminder of why we switched and will never go back.

There are those who play that way now and that's fine also. Maybe they'll learn something new that improves their play and they'll not want to ever get involved with CTE whether it's to play or live in the forum knocking it.

They can keep their nose where it belongs. :D

Reposting a topic that the moderator just removed sounds like a good way to get banned.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Reposting a topic that the moderator just removed sounds like a good way to get banned.

It wasn't the topic. It was the way the topic was presented and compared to another topic as well as those who use it. You know which one...the one over the last 22 years that's been attacked and maligned.

Then having 4 of the FAB 5 and 2 new troll recruits chiming in one after the other didn't help matters.

Please don't post in this thread again about it or anything.

Post it or not in a new thread. It's YOUR topic.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't the topic. It was the way the topic was presented and compared to another topic as well as those who use it. You know which one...the one over the last 22 years that's been attacked and maligned.

Then having 4 of the FAB 5 and 2 new troll recruits chiming in one after the other didn't help matters.

Please don't post in this thread again about it or anything.

Post it or not in a new thread. It's YOUR topic.

Nothing was derogatory in my post other than how Stan sleights people by calling them "nosers." Amazing how you guys throw around the personal insults but can't abide even the most soft ball comments. Of course Stan can run 3 balls on a video billiards program. You've never heard the term "run 3 friggin' balls" used here as a figure of speech? The question was how the brain allows that to happen, but you guys squashed the topic. Congratulations!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I agree with Spider, start a new thread. It's a good topic, but no topic is open for discussion or debate if CTE is involved, unless it's strictly about CTE and only CTE users and supporters are allowed to participate. And that's fine. As Dave S says....."who cares"....to each their own is a good motto.

I actually think the gaming/simulation side of pool is a topic more suited to the main forum anyway. It's more about off-table training than it is aiming. A way to help build shot recognition, cb-ob relationships and how the balls react at various angles. It does nothing for the stroke or for developing a feel for speed and spin, but it keeps your brain engaged with the game, like watching matches on YouTube. And right now, with covid-19 quarantine still in gear, many players don't have access to a pool table. Realistic gaming/simulation can be a nice fun tool that actually offers some form of practice/experience.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Nothing was derogatory in my post other than how Stan sleights people by calling them "nosers." Amazing how you guys throw around the personal insults but can't abide even the most soft ball comments. Of course Stan can run 3 balls on a video billiards program. You've never heard the term "run 3 friggin' balls" used here as a figure of speech? The question was how the brain allows that to happen, but you guys squashed the topic. Congratulations!

Asking you in a very polite gentlemanly fashion to not post in this thread again had absolutely no affect at all on your doing it.

Not only did you do it but came right back in attacking me and what you perceive as wrong doing by us who use CTE. "Nosers" had nothing to do with it.

You just absolutely can't get CTE out of your head to stop posting and shut the mouth down, can you?

One more time, please do not post in THIS THREAD AGAIN to me or anything or anyone regarding CTE.

I WILL report it.

START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
What is playing from an offset anyway? To me, it is not playing with what people call your "vision center" behind the cue. I developed a method of play, for good or bad, in which I mostly centered my non-dominant eye over the cue. This produced the straightest stroke and over time my brain got used to the offset position.
Does "produced the straightest stroke" mean it looks like your stick is aligned with your line of sight?

However, when looking at VP games in which I cannot place my vision where I normally would, I can still see the shots just fine.
Do they look the same to you as your real-life "offset" view does?

pj
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does "produced the straightest stroke" mean it looks like your stick is aligned with your line of sight?

Do they look the same to you as your real-life "offset" view does?

pj
chgo

Interesting questions that I'd like to discuss but King Spider won't let me. It's his thread donchaknow.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Dan - all 5 shots go with the same visuals but I did miss once :).

https://youtu.be/KSiQrKbfynQ
Dan,
One would think, since you asked this respected poster to do a specific video for you, that you would be discussing this. One would also think that you would have taken both videos to the table and tried to re-create the results and report back and discuss any successes or failures.

Guessing it's more fun to have a ***** fest then a discussion.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan,
One would think, since you asked this respected poster to do a specific video for you, that you would be discussing this. One would also think that you would have taken both videos to the table and tried to re-create the results and report back and discuss any successes or failures.

Guessing it's more fun to have a ***** fest then a discussion.

Not at all. If you read my reply, which it sounds like you didn't, you'd see that I said I would look at it in more detail when I had a chance. I have time to read a post here and there but I want to spend more time than I have at the moment with Gerry's video. Maybe later tonight I can look at it some more.

Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.