Bar Table Dennis Vs SVB Updates

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes two balls with a close shot on the 2. Shane makes the 2 and aside from getting a little funky on the 5 has a great table. He gets fortunate catching the titty off the side after having to shoot a really thin cut on the 5 in the corner and gets a good roll thinning the 6 on the way in and getting straight in on it from 2 inches. 86-52.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes only one ball...lol, but a compliant break. the two doesn't really have a pocket and Shane tries to cross bank it. He misses the cross bank but ALMOST makes the 9 cross side. Dennis gets an open table, but he's in give up mode and misses a cut on the 5 in the side when it bounces off the titty.

Shane comes back to the table and runs out. 87-52.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and may or may not have a shot on the 3. He does have an easy safety and locks up the cb on the 8 sending the 3 ball down table.

Dennis uses the bridge and makes a great two rail hit on the 3 but it leaves Shane an open shot. Shane gets a little weird on the 4 and elects to play safe nudging the 4 behind the 9 and sending the cb at a perfect speed down to the short rail. Dennis hits the ball and almost scratches in the side but leaves an open shot and Shane runs out to get up 36 games. 88-52.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and leaves the 2 in the corner again. aside from the seven being a little close to the 8, it's a wide open table and Shane makes short work of it. 89-52.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes a compliant break but is forced to pushout with the 8 between the cb and 2. Shane pushes to a jump and is given it back which he makes, but the cb rests against the 6 with a full table shot and the 4 back down table behind the 5 and 9.

Shane CROSS BANKS the 3 and comes back up table hitting the 5 but unfortunately getting locked up on the 9.

Shane 4 rail kicks at the 4 but misses it giving Dennis bih. Dennis is one stroking every shot but does get out to make it 89-53.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Dennis breaks and makes a compliant break and an open shot on the 1. I think this is the first time the 1 has stayed on the table.

Dennis has a wide open table but is coming up a little short on some of the shape. He does bnr to get to 54. 89-54. 35 more bnr's and he'll tie it up.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Dennis breaks and makes 2 balls with no real open shot on the 3. He tries to thin cut it but jumps up, missing the 3 and losing control of whitey, scratching in the corner after caroming off of several balls.

Shane runs out after over running shape a bit on the 7 to get ten games from the end of the night. 90-54.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Have they both been breaking hard? Are they both pattern racking?
They've both been cut breaking. I haven't paid attention to whether they've been pattern racking. Shane breaks and barely makes a ball in the side, but it IS compliant and he has a shot on the 1. He makes the one but is forced to carom in the 5, sitting in the corner, off of the 2. He leaves himself a bank on the 2 which he also makes and then it's an open table with which, Shane does what he does. 91-54.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and scratches in the side. Let's see if Dennis can get his stroke under control. He doesn't, he's losing control of his stroke and having to make up for errors in shape. He does get out though and gets to 55 and within '36' racks. 91-55.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Dennis breaks and it is non-compliant. Shane has an awkward shot on the 2 but makes it and gets a nice nudge to get perfect shape on the 3.

Shane runs out the rest of the rack to get 8 games from ending the night.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes two balls with an open shot on the 3. The only issue is the position of the 5 having the 6 behind it. Shane draws full table and nudges the 6 out of the way to get perfect on the 5 and runs out. 93-55.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and pockets the 9 on the break and spots it. Shane doesn't quite have an open shot in the 2 and has to jump over the edge of the 5.

Shane makes the 2 but is against the rail with an awkward cut on the 3. He cinches it with perfect shape on the 4 and then makes the 5 and 6 at the same time with perfect shape on the 7. Shane runs out to make it 94-55.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane makes the one ball on the break and it is compliant but has a back cut on the 2 with the pocket blocked by the 4, I think he could've made it off the 4 in the corner but elected to combo the 4. He left himself bad on the 3 and the magic rack causes it to miss with the thin cut.

Dennis is still freewheelin' but hasn't missed yet. He gets out to make it 56. 94-56.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Dennis breaks and makes 2 balls with a semi-difficult shot on the 3. He makes it with good shape on the 4 and a relatively open table.

Dennis seems to be jumping up less now and he does run out to make it 57. 94-57.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Dennis breaks and makes a compliant break but doesn't have an open shot on the 2. He elects to pushout. Shane gets to the table and steps back to look at the shot. He then tries to finesse a safe by thinning the 2 and going back up table and while he doesn't leave an open shot on the 2, the cb comes up short of going back up table and I expect Dennis to leave him locked up.

Dennis comes back to the table and attempts to bank the 2 but rattles it in the corner. Shane has to deal with a couple of issues on this rack, the 6,9,7 is somewhat clustered. He makes a beautiful shot on the 3 to get perfect on the 4 and then another beautiful shot on the 4 to get where he needs to on the 5 to make the 6 in the side. Unfortunately, the six nudges the 9 into the 7 leaving Shane with a tough cut and difficult shape moving over the 8 from the 7.

It might be difficult to avoid a scratch in the side and still get shape on the 8. I'm wondering if Shane should elect to play a safe sending the 7 behind the eight and the cb downtable.

Shane tries the thin cut but misses the 7 altogether giving Dennis bih which ends in a runout. 94-58.

Jaden

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's to understand? It's entertaining, somebody is putting up big money, the players don't seem to have a problem with it...

I mean, if it is too easy for them, why in the world has Dennis missed more shots here than I have ever seen him miss on a 9 footer?

It's pool... between two warriors laying it on the line. I am glad they are getting in the box!
I’d just rather see them match up on a 10-foot table with 4-1/4” pockets, where a run-out is actually a challenge.