Battle Of The Bull 9 ball tourney happening now

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone on location know why Billy Thorpe or Max Eberle forfeited their matches? With this being the 1st points event for 2024 Mosconi, it seems odd for them to just drop out.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone on location know why Billy Thorpe or Max Eberle forfeited their matches? With this being the 1st points event for 2024 Mosconi, it seems odd for them to just drop out.
I saw on Facebook that Max may have overslept from a nap before his match. His opponent thought that was the case.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw on Facebook that Max may have overslept from a nap before his match. His opponent thought that was the case.
Looks like Max is playing his loser bracket match. Billy is the odd one as he FF last night for a match scheduled for this morning. At least that's how it looks based on the brackets.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, what's up with this weirdness? In the loser bracket it shows Vitaliy Patsura beating Roberto Gomez 7-6 but has Gomez advancing? It's a race to 8.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also has Gerson winning 7-4, all the other loser's bracket matches show the winner with 8 games.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Max overslept and was late for his match.

Billy got into some kind of altercation and left the event.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are down to the final 16 players now.
It is a single-elimination knockout money stage now.
Races are to 9, and the finals are to 13.
I will post the final 16 bracket as soon as we finish the redraw/auction going on now.

396258768_721744853321235_1180725144953150331_n.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2023 Mosconi Cup Team USA at the Wolf's Den in Roanoke, Virginia for the Battle of the Bull WNT ranking event.
Wolf's Den owner Kory Wolford and Wes Bond, owner of Bull Carbon, are in the middle.

395380670_846328540830867_1657554004681943094_n.jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a single-elimination knockout format for the last 16 payers.
Battle of the Bull at Wolf's Den Billiards in Roanoke, Virginia
Races to 9: The winner breaks
Matches begin on Saturday at 2 p.m. eastern time.
Quarter-finals at 4:30 pm and semi-finals at 7:00 pm
Finals will be one race to 13 Sunday at 12:30 p.m

397082578_721896743306046_637306804280329124_n.jpg

Last edited:

HitHrdNDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just there. Great venue, world class pool players everywhere…. The owners, kory and Trina are world class people as well. Will def go back….

The scoring is a little off because it’s submitted electronically and sometimes people don’t register the last game on the tablets