Best commentator yet!

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My idea of a good commentator is this.. I like the kind who try to define what just happened, maybe use a replay to do so.. Seeing a great shot, then listening to the description & and replay, is a reinforcement of what happened.

The commentators that try to upstage the Players, by attempting to describe whats going to happen & make mistakes, I turn those folks off, real quick.

Jeremy Jones can run it into the ground. Never shuts up.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Earl is among the elite commentators and also if you have not heard Darren Appleton, you are in for a treat. Sometimes a little hard to understand but if you listen closely you will be delighted in his commentary. Earl is right up there with the best of the best. My commentator ranking would be #1 Earl. #2 Darren and #3 Jeremy Jones.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always surprises me when i hear this criticism of JJ.
Diff strokes for diff folks i guess. I could listen to him
Read the phone book, or describe the traffic lights changing.

Ken Venturi stated that there is no need for him to explain the obvious and I just sit back and let it happen. JJ needs to heed that advice. When it’s a straight-in or a ball is hanging in the pocket you don’t need to explain what’s going on. He loves the sound of his own voice.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As the subject seems to be in play in this thread, I believe that the best pool commentator for content is Billy Incardona.

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aaaand the video is removed from youtube for some reason.

I saved the link, watched first 5 minutes of it the other day and said i'll continue it some other day, so today I wanted to continue it, and now it says "Video is removed"

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That isn't the SVB -vs- Corey match.

SVB vs Corey match was removed. Shaw vs Dechaine has Earl doing commentary. One thing Earl does is he focuses on the match and on each shot. Upstate Al usually also does that. Very informative to hear Earl's observations.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard earl before and thought
The same thing- he is the best ever.
I guess for the same reasons steve davis
Is so good, a life time of playing.

This link doesn’t work for me-

This video is private

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearheadzs

I watched the match with Earls commentary the other night, it was really great hearing from a pro what the pro was looking to do and why. Truly outstanding commentary. I posted a comment, heard back right away from someone to expect more coming soon, them tried to find the vid the next day and it was gone. Shame. Hope they do more soon.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish somebody would repost it-I like to watch both of those players and Earl is my favorite player- I’ve heard him commentate here and there but it is a rarity

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It would be nice if Earl did more commentary. Perhaps his strong standing with Matchroom will land him a commentary gig somewhere down the road.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Efren has ever commented matches. I know it would likely have to be in Tagalog, but I'd like to hear a translation.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl did say
With a laugh
That I’m not ready yet for commentary
Because that means I’m not playing anymore

(paraphrased)

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you so much for this thread I have so much fun listening to Earl in the Shaw versus the MD match. Did anyone post in the other links or can someone please?

Thank you so much in advance can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk