Best one pocket match on film

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Phil.

I have enough High level one pocket matches that you could start watching now and never finish them all :D 2 high level events coming up too. One in Memphis, Tn in December and one in New Orleans in January.

We also try to make them educational with commentary from guys like Scott Rabon, Nick Varner, Jeremy Jones, Danny Smith, Bill Incardona etc.

You can contact me by email to setup a time we can talk about matches.

Thanks,

Ray Hansen
akabigtruck@gmail.com
254-379-2569

Any more info on the January event in New Orleans? Might be a nice time for a vacation over there. I don't see it on your website's schedule.

Last edited:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
i agree about bigtruck videos! they are great!

another good accu stats video is the Danny Smith vs. Efren Reyes match during the make it happen event recently. it was the semi-final match not the rematch at the finals.

KD

One of the best 1P matches you will ever see.

Tobermory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear "White 1,"

You have to make a distinction between two meanings of "one-pocket." One meaning of "one pocket" is what we could call "Alex Pagulayan one-pocket," in which you beat your opponent to a shot in about the seventh or eighth inning of each game and then you, without apparent effort, run eight and out, or even nine or ten and out. Most of us can't play that kind of one-pocket, and, while we can enjoy it and appreciate the skill of it, we can't transfer very much of it to our own games.

The other kind of one-pocket is the kind in which someone gets two or three balls ahead, moves some balls up table, then has his opponent try to put him in a position in which the opponent has a ball near his hole and shielded. Or maybe bank paths have to be opened up. Or the question becomes what you do when there are three balls on the table and you need two and your opponent needs one. We could call this "Fallible Human Being One Pocket." This is the kind of one-pocket most of us play, and watching pros play it can produce knowledge we can actually apply to our own play.

For this second kind of one-pocket, there are two wonderful commentators. They both offer top drawer analysis. (Or, as we used to say in the bad old days of pool silence, "They give it away.") And their names are Billy Incardona and Freddy Bentivegna.

Keep in mind that when you buy a dvd of a billiards match, you are at least as much interested in the commentators as your are in who is playing, probably more.

And, by the way, "I Used to be Rich" is exactly right about the Fusco/Rempe match, and you get Freddy Bentivegna's commentary as a premium bonus. So I second "Thomas McKane" from above!

Last edited:

sunnyone

cum grano salis
Silver Member
Yes!

Efren vs shannon in galveston has to be in the mix

This was the very first pool match I saw. I watched some of Efren's shots over and over, trying to figure out how he escaped trap after trap. He became my favorite player and one-pocket my favorite game to sweat.

Sunny

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie...

Ronnie Allen vs. Danny Diliberto, a true classic from 1988.

This^^^ I've got the full version... all the moves... Ronnie turns a stack around with one shot... back kicking, you name it.

Anything with Efren.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone that loves one pocket should watch as many different types of players as possible.
I enjoy watching Efren Cliff Alex Scott Shane Shannon Jeremy Jones John Schmidt Corey, Raphael Martinez and a bunch of others from modern era and I love to watch Buddy Grady Billy Nick Varner I've heard about the Ronnie Allen Diliberto tapes but I have never seen them,{if someone has them I am interested}
Hopkins played great but it never seemed like he was doing anything , he just seemed to win a lot lol.
Too bad there aren't videos of Jersey Red, Squirell Cornbead and some of those guys when they were in their primes.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorite accustats vids is slivka v. Parica, c. 1997. One pocket us open, or worlds, I dunno.

What a contrast...slive come out and grabs parica by the throat and rules him, the Jose comes back.

For freebies, csi's 2011 videos are hard to beat and the ones with billy I, Scott frost and Deuel in the booth are great.

Also excellent are the California billiards 1p matches. Pagulayan/ shuff is a particular fave. Be sure to watch the last minut, when Corey steps in to ask Alex whe he passed a freebie :eek:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Gonna invest in a few dvd's .... Probably from accu stats. Any thoughts on the greatest one pocket matches in their inventory. Thanks in advance for your help!

The time is right.
Please notice the "Accu-Stats 10 for 100 sale" in my sig !

DaddysVisa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years back I made a big score at poker and bought myself a treat of every 1p match on accu-stats. Had to be over 100 DVDs. Obviously any tape with Efren, Daulton, Pagulayan, Varner, Frost, Parica, Shane or Joyner are great of course.

One of my favorite players to watch, as far as learning how to move, is Steve Cook. He plays the game extremely intelligently and is able to control much better players due to his superior moving ability.

If you want some tapes of the best display of 1p skill caught on tape you need to get all of Efren's matched from the US Open 1p in the year he played Jason Miller in the finals. His last day of play was the most overpowering display of skill in pool I've ever seen. He played a string of top 10 players and made it look like he could have played them 12-6 and manhandled them.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One of my favorite players to watch, as far as learning how to move, is Steve Cook. He plays the game extremely intelligently and is able to control much better players due to his superior moving ability.

I.

Steve Cook made the nicest take-out I ever saw...it was on one of the Accustats videos.
...he was in jail and moved 5 or 6 balls and stuck whitey.
...that one shot is worth the video.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren vs shannon in galveston has to be in the mix

This was a great match! Efren had to beat Daulton twice in the finals. I had a ton bet on it, and was sweating it hard. lol. I think this tournament is all archived on youtube or stream for free. Not sure though.

ToddW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy Hall vs Jeremy Jones

On accustats I think it's 98 World One Pocket

ToddW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray Hansen?

Do you remember which match it was recently Smokin Aces or Louisiana, that had Joey Gray playing someone and Nick Varner/ Bill Incardoa in booth? Billy I said it was the best match he ever saw.