Best Playing Cue Poll

BEST PLAYING CUE?

• Total voters

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
A few choices,if yours is not on there then select other and post who is yours, just trying to see who you guys think makes the best playing cue,thanks.

asiasdad

Banned
Best playing cue

Fast Lenny said:
A few choices,if yours is not on there then select other and post who is yours, just trying to see who you guys think makes the best playing cue,thanks.

A pro player at the 2005 BCA open in Las Vegas stated that it "was the indian and not the arrow" when asked for an opinion on the best playing cue.

My favorite arrow is a plain jane TAD-1

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever feels good in my hand. At the moment it's a Lucasi, but I also have 5 or 6 others in the case that play just as good....some expensive, some not.
I bet for any cue maker that can put out a quality piece, you'll find someone to say it's the best hit....or not. From your list, I've only owned the Scruggs, and Phillipe....both excelent makers. If your thinking of buying a cue from your list....any of them would be great...IMO
Gerry

pharaoh68

Banned
DO you think you could edit these choices?? I mean, I agree with Southwest and Mottey. Maybe even Scruggs. But some of these names do NOT belong on this list.

Where is Bluegrass? Bender? Tascarella? and a whole slew of others!

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cutec and current model Meucci are far and way my choice, right behind is an Earl Strickland Burgundy graphite shaft cue.

Of course, I would never be caught dead with any of these cues, but that's just me.

Oh, and Hydroponic2 has a real nice, smooth hit.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I wish i could have had 20 choices to give people as i feel there are that many if not more top playing cuemakers on there,the guys who voted OTHER should have posted who it was so we could have seen,i agree Judd and Bluegrass belong htere but like i said i only have room for 10.:(

Harvywallbanger

Josh Eisert
Silver Member
I voted Phillippi but my vote may be bias. Phillippi was my first expensive cue and to this day I haven't seen one more beautiful than that one. It was also the first cue I shot with that had a wood joint so the feel was unlike anything I felt before. I have never been so in love with a cue even to this day. The forearm was snake wood with pink ivory points and ivory diamonds in the butt. I got very upset one night while drinking and gave it to my younger cousin who was like 14 at the time. I was hoping he would give it back to me considering he new I was drunk but he was in love with it as well.:rolleyes: So one day I just told him straight up that I made a mistake and wanted it back. I could see that his heart sunk so I just told him he could have it back but this time I had to sell it to him. I GAVE it to him for $600. He was still very happy. Later on he had the whole thing refinished( there was a minor error in the ivory which is how I ended up with it anyways) and now everytime I see it I cry.:)

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of the cues I have tried, it is Hercek and Jim White.

Based on what I like and what I've heard about them, I believe my list will include Searing and Showman when I get them.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems very "in" to mention certain makers but by all means, Mike Webb gets a vote as one of the best playing cues you can buy.
James White is another and I suppose Paul Mottey although I have yet to play with one of his cues. Just basing it on the fact that James White and he work together.

Koop - also loves (Joss, Schon, and Helmstetter)

P.S. Looking forward to adding Mr. Hercek to the list in the future.

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
asiasdad said:
A pro player at the 2005 BCA open in Las Vegas stated that it "was the indian and not the arrow" when asked for an opinion on the best playing cue.

My favorite arrow is a plain jane TAD-1
As someone who was once beaten with a mop handle, I tend to agree with this.