Best poolroom in Austin?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey, folks. I was wondering what the az forums believe the best poolroom in Austin, TX is?
I've tried Warehouse billiards, and it was fine, but it doesn't seem like a place for serious players.
Thanks in advance.
Joe
I'm new in town also. Warehouse was just ok. I'll be checking out Skinny Bob's soon enough.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey there! Skinny Bob's is the best room, Good tables, action, some tournaments big and small..

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I'd never been or really looked it over but wow the place is real world class pool room, with 2 Carom tables now too to go with the all the diamond pool tables
Pro events and everything
I'll have to stop by on my next Austin visit

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
My vote would go to Skinny Bobs. Several notable rooms in Austin have closed over the years. If you swing down to Houston there is Big Tymes, Bogies and Legends. I have been hearing there is a strong 8 ball tournament at Outlaw Ray's in Crosby. Houston also has several good snooker and 3 cushion rooms.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been a year or two since I was at Skinny Bobs. Great place. Last time I went I could hardly breath from the cigarette smoke. I know they remodeled recently. Did they go smoke-free?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha, for sure! What's up!
I've been a member here for 14 years. Mostly I lurk though.

Speaking of Austin without being a total fan boy lol I saw you years ago at CapCity Comedy Club off 183.

Funniest things I remember about that show:

"You have a shitty job and I have a dollar!!" That ....and the thing about the lion and sex! Funny stuff....some where I have seen Kevin Booth's videos of the show from around that time too but it was not the night we went.

Welcome to Aust!n!

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote would go to Skinny Bobs. Several notable rooms in Austin have closed over the years. If you swing down to Houston there is Big Tymes, Bogies and Legends. I have been hearing there is a strong 8 ball tournament at Outlaw Ray's in Crosby. Houston also has several good snooker and 3 cushion rooms.
How many pool tables do they have?
P.S. Tables in Outlaw Ray's

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
How many pool tables do they have?
P.S. Tables in Outlaw Ray's

29fters
Bunch of 7s
All diamonds, it's a top notch room, a literal diamond in the rough when you arrive lol, all the pros hang there for that Saturday tournament, and the big 10 ball pot

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Funny they don't even show the back area with all the tables, it's the real highlight of the place