Best way to sell a 9' Pro Am Diamond +

realkingcobra

Silver Member
C’mon Glenn, you’re reaching . My table was ordered Aug 8 2014 and arrived at my house brand new Nov 15, 2014. It is now Nov 7, 2019. There is no reason to argue or try to be right. The OP’s statement that he has a 5- year old Diamond table that is made from Dymondwood is very possible even by your own admission that they had to keep stock until the beginning of 2015. Just say, “yup” and be done with it.

Freddie <~~~ this is not argument.

Aug 21st 2014 is when the Dymondwood factory burnt down, that was 5yrs 3mo ago, but yes Diamond had just recieved an order of material within weeks before the fire happened. So yes, Diamond produced the Rosewood Dyamondwood ProAms until 2015, how many is not known. But yes, its possible that the OP has a rosewood Dyamondwood table, not saying he don't.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
C’mon Glenn, you’re reaching . My table was ordered Aug 8 2014 and arrived at my house brand new Nov 15, 2014. It is now Nov 7, 2019. There is no reason to argue or try to be right. The OP’s statement that he has a 5- year old Diamond table that is made from Dymondwood is very possible even by your own admission that they had to keep stock until the beginning of 2015. Just say, “yup” and be done with it.

Freddie <~~~ this is not argument.

I mean hell, if the rails are rosewood, then it has to be Dymondwood, and can't be PRC black, right?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are people that claim one is better or more valuable than the other. The constant between those two groups are:

One group owns prc

Vs.

The other owns diamondwood

The ONLY differences between the two tables are one stays cleaner longer and one is no longer available.

BTW, Realkingcobra is the person that told me all of that when I called him to ask which one was best because I could have bought a used diamondwood table but the seller thought it was worth more. He was wrong and still has it but, he's decided to keep it.

Only reason he was selling was because he thought he could make a profit. Kinda like people that bought revos just to resale. Well, tables aren't that way.

Jeff

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I will get flamed, but so be it. I think its not correct that used Diamond tables hold 80% of their retail. I have been watching the threads here for 15 years. I don't think in all that time I've EVER seen any used Diamond sell for $5000. Or even $4500. MAYBE some sold for $4000. In fact, I have seen some listed for $3500 and they stayed on for a long time. There was even one table within the last year, it was a Blue Label 7' Professional (not pro-am), in NY, for 2500, and it didn't sell until about 5 months later. That table is probably more desirable than a Pro-Am for a home user, because it breaks down for transport and getting it up/down stairs.

Now, who is saying Diamonds sell for 75% or 80%? Its people associated with Diamond. Cobra mainly. Flame me all you want, but show me one sale add in the past 15 years on here that had a Diamond sell for 5000.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I will get flamed, but so be it. I think its not correct that used Diamond tables hold 80% of their retail. I have been watching the threads here for 15 years. I don't think in all that time I've EVER seen any used Diamond sell for $5000. Or even $4500. MAYBE some sold for $4000. In fact, I have seen some listed for $3500 and they stayed on for a long time. There was even one table within the last year, it was a Blue Label 7' Professional (not pro-am), in NY, for 2500, and it didn't sell until about 5 months later. That table is probably more desirable than a Pro-Am for a home user, because it breaks down for transport and getting it up/down stairs.

Now, who is saying Diamonds sell for 75% or 80%? Its people associated with Diamond. Cobra mainly. Flame me all you want, but show me one sale add in the past 15 years on here that had a Diamond sell for 5000.

You don't know what you don't know.

And what you don't know is what they go for in my area.

There are very few sold in my area. But, they bring premium when they do.

I got at least two people they have told me, they'll give me all of my money back if I'll sell now.

Jeff

On the other hand, can't give a GC away around here.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend PM'ed me about my post. He said I made it sound like I didn't like GC tables. He knew I loved playing on his.

His GC has 4.25 corners and I swear, I play much stronger on his table than I do mine. I don't get to play on it often but, I look forward to it each and every time.

My latest 14.1 high run was on it. I can't get anywhere as close on my diamond eventhough my pro-am has bigger pockets.

I think the deep shelf is the equivalent of a GC with 4.25" corners....if not a wee-bit smaller.

Anyways, yeah, I love to play on GCs.

That don't change the fact you have to almost give GCs away if you sell them local to me.

Not sure why, GCs are beautiful tables and play way better (easier:shrug:) than most all table "IF" they are set up perfect. It doesn't take much, IMO, to make a GC play real bad but, damn I love em when they're right.

I may just add a GC next time I see one for sale.

Jeff

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member

I agree. I listed mine in the for sale section here back then for $3500 because that is what I saw others going for at the time.

If bought new 5 years ago, its PRC black, the Dymondwood factory burnt down further back than 5 years.

Ahhhh Glad to hear your comments. Read many posts from you when I was looking and choosing. Yes exactly right it appears to be 7yrs old. I made a note on the first post.

Last edited:
Dymondwood

Attachments

• Diamond.jpg
    Diamond.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 204

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
California Billiards in Fremont has 8 9-foot Diamonds and may be looking for more. Broken Rack in Emeryville has two Diamonds and the one pocket players don't want to play on the other tables there. Both rooms can handle the one-piece slate (no stairs).
Two other rooms on the other side of you that might be interested are Fast Eddy's in Capitola and Easy Street in Monterey. I have seen one pocket at Fast Eddy's, so that's a real possibility.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Too bad I’m 2,691 miles away....or I’d be knocking on your door.
...’course, I’d be lowballing, bargaining, and pleading....
...you’d probably kick me out.....or we’d make a deal.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Just so you're up to date, I've sold over a 100 used 7ft Smart tables this year alone, at $4,500 plus delivery and set up. The model of the Diamond determines the selling price, not just the name. Not all Diamonds are created equal....learn that!!

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just so you're up to date, I've sold over a 100 used 7ft Smart tables this year alone, at $4,500 plus delivery and set up. The model of the Diamond determines the selling price, not just the name. Not all Diamonds are created equal....learn that!!

I don't doubt that Glenn but used table ads are often cash and carry. So how much should someone pay if they have to go to the house carry it out and transport and set it up themselves?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ok, were these 100 plus 7' Smart Tables sold as "Tournament Used" direct from Diamond? In other words, customer called Diamond, asked if they had any tourney used tables, and made all the arrangements with Diamond?

-Or-

Did a private owner make an ad, a private buyer saw the ad, said deal, and then one of the two private parties hired you to do the move?

I'm going to guess its the former. If that is the case, people are paying a premium because they are buying directly from the factory, dealing with factory salesmen, and the trust that comes with that (vs a private person that might flake), and, with a factory representative "YOU" doing the delivery and installation.

They are not buying from private seller me, or the OP of this thread, then have to arrange tear down, delivery, setup, cloth, repairs, etc, etc, etc.

The two scenarios are not comparable. IMO:)

BTW, the price of a Smart table is higher than that of a Pro-AM. I just checked the Diamond site, and it looks like the prices are not there (I thought they were before...). But from what I recall from memory, the Smart table is about 1000 more than the Pro-Am, in the same size. Anyway, the point of this, is if you are selling them for 4500, you have to compare to retail of the Smart table, not the Pro-AM.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't doubt that Glenn but used table ads are often cash and carry. So how much should someone pay if they have to go to the house carry it out and transport and set it up themselves?

Well, in comparison, how much did the original buyer pay for delivery and set up?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ok, were these 100 plus 7' Smart Tables sold as "Tournament Used" direct from Diamond? In other words, customer called Diamond, asked if they had any tourney used tables, and made all the arrangements with Diamond?

-Or-

Did a private owner make an ad, a private buyer saw the ad, said deal, and then one of the two private parties hired you to do the move?

I'm going to guess its the former. If that is the case, people are paying a premium because they are buying directly from the factory, dealing with factory salesmen, and the trust that comes with that (vs a private person that might flake), and, with a factory representative "YOU" doing the delivery and installation.

They are not buying from private seller me, or the OP of this thread, then have to arrange tear down, delivery, setup, cloth, repairs, etc, etc, etc.

BTW, the price of a Smart table is higher than that of a Pro-AM. I just checked the Diamond site, and it looks like the prices are not there (I thought they were before...). But from what I recall from memory, the Smart table is about 1000 more than the Pro-Am, in the same size. Anyway, the point of this, is if you are selling them for 4500, you have to compare to retail of the Smart table, not the Pro-AM.

You're still guessing, I've moved several table for sellers to buyers, my fees have nothing to do with the sale of the table. But, I agree, a lot of sellers have no idea what their Diamond(s) are worth, they just want to sell them because their plans have changed. Now, when a situationike that comes up, I buy the tables, like the 2 9ft, Blue label 9ft smart tables I picked up in Idaho a few years back, rosewood Dyamondwood at that. I picked them up for $2500 each, then sold them for $5,000 apiece in California as is, needing to be recovered as they both still had the original cloth on them. But in the same respect, I wouldn't buy a 9ft Professional for $2500 then try to flip it for for a profit as I might be sitting on it for quite a while until that ONE customer comes along looking for THAT table. What you fail to understand is that DEMAND determines the price, not those looking for a great buy, who would EVER even consider buying a Diamond new, because they're to cheap to do so. Anyone who's willing to buy a NEW Diamond, WILL jump on a new looking, used Diamond ProAm or Smart Table because they DON'T want to wait 3-4 months to get one.

Not everyone thinks the way you do, only interested in the cheapest price you can get, and when you can't find one in your price range.....you bash Diamonds for Gold Crowns....right???

realkingcobra

Silver Member

-Or-

And for your info, there's only a few hundred dollars difference between the ProAms and the Smart Tables used, which is 90% of Diamonds sales in the US. Again, the reason being is because used is NOW, new is 3-4 months from now, take your pick!!