Biado vs Sky UPDATES

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carlo up 40-28 to finish the first night.
Not too bad of ending for Skylar. At the break it was 20-7 Biado. So it was looking kind of rough. I mean…Biado was the #1 contender to the Money Games King in the Philippines for a while. At least until Dennis and him matched up and Anton Raga came along. That alone is enough credit anywhere on the planet to be considered a beast.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
From what I saw, Sky better find his break for the next two days otherwise he loses by 20 to 30 games

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not too bad of ending for Skylar. At the break it was 20-7 Biado. So it was looking kind of rough. I mean…Biado was the #1 contender to the Money Games King in the Philippines for a while. At least until Dennis and him matched up and Anton Raga came along. That alone is enough credit anywhere on the planet to be considered a beast.

according to r. gomez, carlo biado still is considered top dog. players need bigger spots from him than from anton raga. so yes, definitely a beast. i must assume sky gets show up money that makes this worthwile?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If any one of the top five Filipinos play anyone here other than Shane it's a mismatch. Maybe I should have said top ten Filipinos. :rolleyes:
For any aspiring American pros it's a good way to see how you stack up in International competition. Skylar may be our second best player, but he is a big underdog on the world stage. The only American player to make a dent Internationally since the heyday of Earl and Johnny has been Shane.

Last edited:

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If any one of the top five Filipinos play anyone here other than Shane it's a mismatch. Maybe I should have said top ten Filipinos. :rolleyes:
For any aspiring American pros it's a good way to see how you stack up in International competition. Skylar may be our second best player, but he is a big underdog on the world stage. The only American player to make a dent Internationally since the heyday of Earl and Johnny has been Shane.
I think a better match up here would have been Skylar and Aranas matching up. Both are around the same age and next in line so to speak. I consider Biado to be just a hair better. I consider Shane to be a hair better than Biado. It’s that close but it’s looking to be the same result.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's especially true on 9 footers. Sky has a better chance on 7 footers, although he would still be an underdog

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's especially true on 9 footers. Sky has a better chance on 7 footers, although he would still be an underdog
Barbox is the great equalizer. Well known for a 100 years or whenever they were invented. Actually that’s a good question, the 60’s?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Barbox is the great equalizer. Well known for a 100 years or whenever they were invented. Actually that’s a good question, the 60’s?
1950's was when they started showing up in bars. By the 1960's they were everywhere.

MachineGunKelly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky just beat Dennis in a long set on the bar table. I cant see how he could be the dog to Carlo on the 7ft. Carlo is the clear favorite on th 9ft though.