Big table/Small room-thinking outside of the (bar)box

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it when an optimist is thrilled to see so many pessimists , I bet Freud did a double backflip in his fruit loops box when he read that post.
He would have loved doing an exploratory labotomy, to see what motivated that double Nintendo.

Monti

It's better if the table can support your full weight without losing level. Do you think that is possible?
I’ve had a sneak preview! I had a pretty long reach shot where I was stretched across the table from the side and it stayed solid
Oh and by the way I won the first game ever played on the new system 😀.

Scottcrosby

I’ve had a sneak preview! I had a pretty long reach shot where I was stretched across the table from the side and it stayed solid
Oh and by the way I won the first game ever played on the new system 😀.
Monti also won the first game ever played on this table against me before the mods.
We play on the same team in the league so it hurts a little less.

Scottcrosby

Lol, I love all the negativity in this thread. There are definitely 2 types of people in the world. Those that can get stuff done, and those that can't. I guarantee I could make this work, and do it for less than $1k, including the computer. I'm betting that Scott is in my camp.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! Video to be released soon.

Scottcrosby

I'd bet on you. And if you threw in a timeline (for anyone as a hobby), I'd put the over under at 2 years.
Time line was actually only a few months, worked on it a few hours per weekend. Waited forever for parts. Programming was the longest part.
It's better if the table can support your full weight without losing level. Do you think that is possible?
yes, I believe it would take all my weight.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, Scott Here. I’m the guy that wanted to build the sliding pool table. I just got validated on this forum so this is my first actual post. The sliding pool table took a bit longer than expected to complete but I’m happy to announce that it’s done. I’ll start making a video on the weekend and post it soon. I’ll let you guys judge how much of a success or failure it is.
I completely missed this post. Welcome, and I look forward to seeing what you came up with. Sorry for doubting you, but you must agree a random person on the internet brainstorming an ambitions project such as this is a 1 in 100 chance of actually following through to completion. Please share when you can what you did.

Scottcrosby

lol, the doubters partially motivated me to finish this project quickly. I want the video to be done properly so it might take a couple of weeks to finish. Video production is as labor intensive as the R&D .

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
lol, the doubters partially motivated me to finish this project quickly. I want the video to be done properly so it might take a couple of weeks to finish. Video production is as labor intensive as the R&D .
Just shoot it with your cell phone. Oscars were last night.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The lack of a simple photo shows a lot.
Screenshot_20210428-091615__01.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously though, not a single picture this far?
Gordon lightfoot?
A new invention that solves an ages old problem and is accomplished by hobbyists in a short time at reasonable cost?

Let's see some pics.

Scottcrosby

Hey, the Gordon Lightfoot comment was uncalled for....

but seriously, I also enjoy enjoy to process of creating decent content. I wrote the script on the weekend and we’ll start editing the video on the weekend.

Any solution to an ago old problem deserves a proper unveiling.