Billiard collectibles

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thanks for reviving this thread. Where do you guys find this stuff? I know I could go on eBay and Ive tried yard sales with no luck. Theres one antique store near me that has a bca rules handbook from the 60's that I really want but he won't let it go without selling me the all plastic Brunswick table that goes with it:( I know alot of the fun is in the hunt but all I've found is a copy of Steve Mizerak's Pocket Billiards Tips and Trick Shots. It was a fun find just sitting there on the shelf though :)

I have gotten lucky finding some of this stuff but I have also traveled a fair bit and I am always on the watch. Its funny when I go into an antique store or flea market my eye is drawn to long skinny things like pool cues. Many a broom stick and fishing pole has made me double take over the years.

With a wife and four kids who all know I am a pool nut there is not much that escapes us when we go through a store.
Ebay has also been a source of collectibles for me....or at least it used to be, now days some of the sellers actually think this stuff has value;).

The old BCA rule books come up often on Ebay and usually go for cheap.
Some things were made for me by my kids like this chalk box.

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for reviving this thread. Where do you guys find this stuff? I know I could go on eBay and Ive tried yard sales with no luck. Theres one antique store near me that has a bca rules handbook from the 60's that I really want but he won't let it go without selling me the all plastic Brunswick table that goes with it:( I know alot of the fun is in the hunt but all I've found is a copy of Steve Mizerak's Pocket Billiards Tips and Trick Shots. It was a fun find just sitting there on the shelf though :)
I have some extra books: http://www.sfbilliards.com/books_to_trade.htm
Ignore the "no longer available" comment about the books at the bottom -- most of those are now available.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I found this in San Francisco and bought all they had. I will give them as gifts later.:cool:

Attachments

• rsz_dscn3975.jpg
    rsz_dscn3975.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 751
  • rsz_dscn3973.jpg
    rsz_dscn3973.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 749

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You got some neato stuff here. The valueness of it doesn't matter as much as the nostalgic value.

I'll trade you a partially used Hai Karate for the Avon.
Man, I guess when I turned 15, everyone in the world decided I needed to smell like a man.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
You got some neato stuff here. The valueness of it doesn't matter as much as the nostalgic value.

I'll trade you a partially used Hai Karate for the Avon.
Man, I guess when I turned 15, everyone in the world decided I needed to smell like a man.

LOL The Avon eight ball is still full of after shave, I unscrewed the lid and gave it a wiff....man I hope that is not what it was supposed to smell like 40 years ago when it was new.:shocked2:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Autographed Cue Ball

I got this cue ball autographed at a pro tournament here in Los Angeles in the early-mid 90's.

34991332253_f6c0c82106_b.jpg

34991332543_7d86d0b918_b.jpg

34991332823_13f7156fb5_b.jpg

34991333083_1d097958af_b.jpg

I also got these vintage Centennials and old National Tournament Chalk with a vintage AMF table I bought about 25 years ago. Pretty cool.

34991333963_c55dfcab57_b.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't had much time for the net, but when I do I always check out AZ. Glad to see this thread still alive. You can never have too many collectibles. Here's some tips(obviously).
Mike
OldTips.jpg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Old thread revisited

I have a few more to add. Sorry for such big pics, when this thread started i did not understand the evil of horizontal scrolling:embarrassed2:.

Attachments

• IMG_7117.jpg
    IMG_7117.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_7118.jpg
    IMG_7118.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 718

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiard pallace

when i lived in downey i was about half mile from the billiard palace, [ now hard times billiards ] billiard pallace was upstairs. i had just bought a first edition hardback copy of the hustler. i was going up stairs and ronnie allen was comming down. the book was said to be written after him, i ask him to sign it, he grabbed the pin and without missing a step, he wrote " good luck fast eddie '.
that was in the early 1970's, its been in half dozen bookcases, so it shows a bit of usage.

i have advertisments from magazines of brunswick from the 1900's framed on my pool room wall, small childrens brunswick tables, about 1/2 dozen of them, many old pool cues, and ivory cue balls

Attachments

• P3052881.jpg
    P3052881.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 671
  • P3052886.jpg
    P3052886.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 675
  • P3052883.jpg
    P3052883.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 670

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Cool book and story desi2960, half a dozen vintage tables is a lot! I have found two or three over the years but never bought one. I do have a few more toy tables like these.

The balls and the cues on the top table are made from iron and coated with plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_7110.jpg
    IMG_7110.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_7121.jpg
    IMG_7121.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 665

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
For you guys that don't want to find your photos on the web else where in use to profit or benefit someone's pocket I suggest you water mark your photos.
Many of others and I have found our photos in use elsewhere.

Rob.M