Play will be on the one Olhausen pool table by the outside pool

Four Seasons Hotel Palm Beach, FL
MUST stay at host location.

Will be filmed by a local cable access channel by Wayne

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
.... allow a chance for other new BB'ers to play with my new balls ..........

Will be filmed by a local cable access channel by Wayne

I wont comment on the part about your new balls, but I do want to know if Garth is going to help with the commentary.

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
I'm sorry Maxx, Garth is not available for commentary.

We have 12 spots filled

There are a few decent places to eat around the tournament while you're waiting for your match. Although I will tell you that I am upset at the last 10 ball tournament we held there I ordered lobster thermidor and baked Alaska, and it was only about an 8 out of 10, so be warned that the food needs to get better.

We will also have some drink specials going on. Shots of Louis XIII only $225.00 each, and the zany shot girls from Spelman College for women will be using segways to get around with the cue raffles for a low end Luther Lassiter Balabuska.

As always our Charlie Williams suite is still available, that's a women's only suite with extra keys made.

I wont comment on the part about your new balls, but I do want to know if Garth is going to help with the commentary.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
It is Bonus Ball. 45 minutes max per match, 15 mins. per rack. Some will go in half an hour.

Ok, let's be serious for a moment. A 64 player field, single elimination, requires about 63 matches. Say an hour a match (allowing time to turn the table, the incoming players to screw up/shake hands and lag), it would therefore require about 63 hours. That's over 2 1/2 days playing 24 hours a day around the clock.

DE would take about twice that, or 5 days. Playing non-stop around the clock.

Last edited:

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Dogs,

You are 100% right. However the payouts for this tournament will be somewhere around $19-$23k for first, and were paying down 16 places.

If someone can't hang around poolside for a day for that much money, then they really don't like life.

Come early if you like action. There have been the equivalent of APA 1 or 2's playing 300 a game "stars and stripes" guess that's how well to do people do it.

Also Charlie just got here to confirm his keycard works in several doors.

Ok, let's be serious for a moment. A 64 player field, single elimination, requires about 63 matches. Say an hour a match (allowing time to turn the table, the incoming players to screw up/shake hands and lag) would therefore requires about 63 hours. That's over 2 1/2 days playing 24 hours a day around the clock.

DE would take about twice that, or 5 days. Playing non-stop around the clock.

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
I believe it's the environment that makes people want to pony up the money to play. Plus it's Bonus Ball, the hottest game since that one game where you lay your hand on the table and stab a knife in between your fingers really fast (five finger filet)

The cash is flowing pretty well, there are beautiful ladies all around the pool area, it's a reasonable area to stay in.

We are excited to say that this is now an international tournament, Charlie will be playing for Korea this time. We appreciate that. The numbers are reaching the maximum.

Of note to the players, there was a light rain last night, so the table has a bit of water on it. We do hope to squeegee the water as best we can for the first few matches.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we bring someone to clean the table between shots or will they be supplied.

Also will drinks have the umbrella's in them or should we FedEx
them a few days ahead to make sure there is a good supply?

How many bonus balls will there be?

Thanks
Mrs.g

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe it's the environment that makes people want to pony up the money to play. Plus it's Bonus Ball, the hottest game since that one game where you lay your hand on the table and stab a knife in between your fingers really fast (five finger filet)

The cash is flowing pretty well, there are beautiful ladies all around the pool area, it's a reasonable area to stay in.

We are excited to say that this is now an international tournament, Charlie will be playing for Korea this time. We appreciate that. The numbers are reaching the maximum.

Of note to the players, there was a light rain last night, so the table has a bit of water on it. We do hope to squeegee the water as best we can for the first few matches.

Will you be using the magic rack, and will jump cues be allowed? :happydance:

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Thank you for your reply.

No, you cannot bring someone in to clean the table between shots, we are partnered up with a company from Zhejiang, China who is providing us with 1000 squeegees, so please support your sponsor and get one for your car or outdoor pool table.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/266781218/Squeegee_Cleaning_squeegee_window_squeegee_cleaning.html

No there is no magic rack, and you are welcome to use your jump cue.

Can we bring someone to clean the table between shots or will they be supplied.

Also will drinks have the umbrella's in them or should we FedEx
them a few days ahead to make sure there is a good supply?

How many bonus balls will there be?

Thanks
Mrs.g