Bonus Ball

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i watched my first episode of Bonus Ball tonight, i didnt think i would like it,but once you learned the rules a little it wasnt that bad, you can definitely seen elements of all the other billiard games in it, and the team element was cool, as well as the almost round robin type formatt. Iam not sure i would order matches,but hey i am just cheap that way...lol...i wait for them to come out on youtube a few months later and watch them then,or split the cost with a buddy and watch them together....iwant to order the stuff to be able to play it now, especially after watching Thorsten Holman run 60 pts. brings me back to the ole snooker days and running 40 to 50 points, Thats what its going to take to get people enthused about the game is being able to play it themselves. They should make the equipment to play it as cheap as possible to get the game out there and then people will want to watch and participate more...so where can i go to get the equipment needed to play the game, does anyone have the site where i can order it?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah the game is awesome. I can't believe the scoreboard is still unavailable. Me and my friends have been trying to remember the score.

We drink a lot so it's a challenge.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Yeah the game is awesome. I can't believe the scoreboard is still unavailable. Me and my friends have been trying to remember the score.

We drink a lot so it's a challenge.

I have a feeling its going to be awhile. I coded the new improved (more intuitive) version and sent it off to the website guys so they could recode it in javascript (will work as a webpage on any device without having to download and install it), but I'm not sure what the turn around time is.

Do you know coin trick? None of us actually use the scoreboard here at the studio, we all use coins.

-> Each diamond represents 3 points, so you want to move your coin 10 diamonds to get to 30 points. Half diamond if you sink purple, and then onto the next diamond if you sink orange. That gives you 3pts, which is why your coin would stop under a diamond. Full diamond jump for the BB, since its 3pts on its own.It makes it easy, because if you come to the table and your coin is under a diamond, you automatically know you're on purple. If not, you're on orange. Same with your opponent, so its instinctive to always know what ball both players are on.

Last edited:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I've told you before that they haven't even recorded the matches that they plan to pitch to the networks. A wise move IMO.

The networks are interested in Matches in August. Not sooner. We need to get our shit together before then (which the press release later this weekend will address). A few surprises are ahead, some good, some bad, but in the long run, all very necessary.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but can't you play with a normal set of pool balls? Four stripes to serve as the orange balls and four solids to be the purples? Throw a few spots on the table and you are ready to roll.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Nathan,
You guys are doing great! Glad to know you all are continuing the 'tweaking' and being patient (as everyone else should be). Look forward to the upcoming changes that will, no doubt, strengthen BB for a long life.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well we know they are fully funded for 2 seasons so surely there will be no cuts of teams, players or pay.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but can't you play with a normal set of pool balls? Four stripes to serve as the orange balls and four solids to be the purples? Throw a few spots on the table and you are ready to roll.

No, you are correct, you can use any normal set of pool balls.

Roger

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... if you come to the table and your coin is under a diamond, you automatically know you're on orange. If not, you're on purple. ...

I think you have that backwards, Nathan. If your coin is under (in front of) a diamond, you're on purple for your next shot. Between diamonds, you're on orange.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Absolutely but not as sexy.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I think you have that backwards, Nathan. If your coin is under (in front of) a diamond, you're on purple for your next shot. Between diamonds, you're on orange.

Oh god. You're absolutely right. Remind me not to fast type messages on AZ during half time. :p