Borana's page on womeninpool.com

I'll stop here

Jude Rosenstock said:
I really look forward to the day when all WPBA members are ranked among the best pool players in the world (a list including men) but we're not there yet and the reason for such has much much more to do with the suppression of women over 100,000 years than sexual limitations. Next time, you can just ask for my opinion. You don't have to make presumptions.


Jude,

I'm going to stop our discussion right here. I don't want to make any more presumptions about a man that has been around over 100,000 years!

Hu
 
ShootingArts said:
WBM,
Her style of play handicapped her in that format. How did her average shake out in practice?

However in an open ranking of men and women most players around her with equal abilities in tournament play are and will remain unknowns to most, even those with some interest in pool.

Hu

Hu,
Her times for both the "open rack" and "eightball" versions of speed pool were consistently between one minute, and one minute twenty seconds in practice (I was fortunate enough to run the clock). What the commentators fail to mention is that the power break is a HUGE factor in the final time. If you can pocket a couple of balls on the break and get whitey to stop fairly quickly you have a HUGE advantage (ie. Luc Salvas). If you miss a single ball you can easily have a 2 minute rack. The best players play the radical cuts with 3 or 4 tips of radical inside, draw, kill-English. It's possible to miss like that - Jeanette is amazing at those shots.

If you put all 15 balls out, mark their positions, and then let the players shoot the same racks and check the times; you will find that Dave Pearson is head and shoulders above the others. Jeanette is probably a fair bit above Luc Salvas (JMO). The results of that competition are meaningless - you might as well have flipped a coin - it was a combination of power-break contest and luck-fest.

I will agree with your sentiment that most pool players are completely unaware of the skill of the best women players - they assume that power break game results are actually indicative of overall skill. The women are at a HUGE disadvantage in 9-ball, 8-ball, speed pool.

Having said all of that, I do think that the best women players are a notch below the best men players in overall skill. In power break games they are several notches below the best men players. I think that Jeanette's best game is better than the top women players (and her consistency is well below theirs at this time for obvious reasons). She has a man's power game in every aspect except the break; something I have not seen from Karen or Allison. Her defensive skills are superior (when she chooses to use them) - as anyone who saw her epic defensive struggle with Karen Corr at Peoria can attest.
 
Last edited:
Which brings us back to the original Borana post. Just as in some TV ads, they use a beautiful model to showcase a beautiful car. In this case (no pun intended) they used a beautiful case to showcase a beautiful model.
Beautiful cases - those Murnak's.
 
Thanks Poz. Borana carring my case has attracted alot of attention. I'm not sure if it is toward her or my case, since the case could just be a good conversation piece.
 
Cornerman said:
I suppose this is like a bunch of pool players in a pool hall, since there are fewer women that walk in, and everyone's going to notice a new one. Especially if she has a pulse.

The very serious players will continue to play.

The married ones will look, then look away, then look again.

The social bachelors are going to look, gawk, make comments, whistle, fantasize.

The bold and dumb will ask her if she "comes here often."

And the miserable curmudgeons will mutter how they've seen better legs in a bucket of Colonel Sanders' extra crispy (okay, the Colonel hated the bastardization of his recipe).

Me, I liked the dress. I'm not sure where that puts me on the list above.

Fred


I would grab the table next to her and immediately set up some trick shots. To deny your attraction to beautiful women is to deny your basic instincts as a man. What is so wrong with taking notice of gorgeous females? I personally don't see a problem with it. And if one happens to share my interests (e.g. pool), I'm all over her (figuratively speaking of course). I'm sure everybody here recognizes some women on the sole basis of their talents. I don't see any problem in doing the opposite. We do it all the time. Anna Kournikova for example with whom I've never played tennis, although I'm sure I'd lose (I've never played tennis). I hardly consider any of the comments in this thread to be derogatory. They are closer to complimentary.
 
With good reason, I guess Jim Murnak felt that I wouldn't draw the same attention that Borana did, so he left me out of this picture, but the case says it all. The case is definitely more beautiful in person (?) or should it be said that it the case is definitely more beautiful in case, since it's not a person. Oh well. They never taught us those things in college.
http://www.jimmurnakcuecases.com/gl2143.htm
 
Rich93 said:
Borana, since you are reading these posts, let me assure you that Vagabond is probably alone in his derriere opinion. He certainly doesn't speak for me.

Sorry to turn the discussion in this direction, Jude, but I thought it ungentlemanly to let Vag's opinion stand unchallenged.


I think Vagabond was being humorous.
 
small-jennifer.jpg


jennifer-barretta-fhm-2.gif


images.jpg


jennifer-barretta-fhm-4.gif
 
This conversation has gone to the quality of the women players a few times and I would like to address that asplect of it from a slightly different perspective.

When I was young and I went to pool halls with my father, I never saw a woman player. Other than the Saturday night date crowd, there were never serious women players.

If you consider the number of men who play pool and the number of women who play pool, it is actually amazing that there are so many good women players.

There is no history of handing down talent from mothers to daughters as there is with men as far as I know. four or five great players that I know have had fathers who have owned pool rooms, and playing pool was all they did when they were young. Not many Female owners who are plushing their daughters to be great pool players.

So, for hundreds of years, man have been developing the motor and mental skills to play this game and many seem to disregard the lack of development that women have had to contend with.

There is even a description of some womens' play as "shooting like a woman" or "shooting like a man." Of course the "shooting like a man" is the more preferable. I guess this is in the same league as "throwing like a girl."

This is the one sport in which women have a chance to equal man, but to have as many good players as men will take a long time.
 
You're doing fine with the site, Jim. It's your site. Do whatever you want with it. You don't have to justify what you do with your site. The thought that you do have to justify what you do with your site is absurd. If someone doesn't like the site the very obvious solution would be ... don't visit it!

The site is "womeninpool.com". If the U.S. Census Bureau were to take a count of all "women pool players" (hah - yea right), they would certainly count this girl if she plays as often as it sounds like. Now you have to be at a certain level before you can be considered a pool player? If that's the case, then there are probably a lot of people on this board who should stop impersonating pool players and start picking other topics to post about. Fortunately, there are no such requirements so everyone can continue to post as usual. ;)
 
Jimmy, I think you are right. If people here are complaining about this website, then why are they visiting it more than once? It obviously attracts attention :)
 
MFB said:
I think Vagabond was being humorous.

U guessed it right.I was trying to give a message indicating that the focuss in that advertisement appears to be on the women`s body parts rather than on the pool case.
Those pictures did not look like a model who was advertising for a product -pool case.They more looked like an advertisement for her body parts.Given that situation ,comments on her body parts are inevitable from hetero sexual males and also justifiable and people should not get rattled by those comments.:cool:
 
Last edited:
vagabond said:
U guessed it right.I was trying to give a message indicating that the focuss in that advertisement appears to be on the women`s body parts rather than on the pool case.
Those pictures did not look like a model who was advertising for a product -pool case.They more looked like an advertisement for her body parts.Given that situation ,comments on her body parts are inevitable from hetero sexual males and also justifiable and people should not get rattled by those comments.:cool:

Vag, that's why I asked about the 'rack' guess Jim's too young to know the 'other' meaning.:D
 
Website ....

I like it, we need more good looking women in Pool, it's good for the sport.
And there is nothing wrong with a little sex in Pool, ...... as long as it is between sets .... LOL .....:D :D :D :D

I know a bar where the bartender and a patron got naked after closing and had sex by the Pool Table, and the place was packed for 3 weeks following.....ROFL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top