Break Tip

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
My break tip is a Triangle. It's on a Revo 12.9mm shaft on a black Joss butt. 19.5 ounces.
My play tip is also a Triangle. It's on a Vantage 12.9mm shaft on a modest Joss butt. 18.8 ounces.
I re-tip my own equipment, cherry-picking the tips out of a box of 50.
Both cues work great for me. Gl

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cheap break/jump/ phenolic tip, abstract reasoning puzzle but I don't have much reason to bring it along. I break with the player I'm using. Those I keep 2 in the case so usually either ElkM or LePro. Factory issue...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White Diamond. I was going to put one on my current jump/break, but decided to try the Bulletproof. I ordered the one piece tip/ferrule for a test. I withhold judgment until I get to put it through its paces.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are really two top contenders, White Diamond if you like a bit softer hit (but still in the break cue hardness range) and Samsara. I think the White Diamond makes jumping easier but the Samsara has a bit better break feel due it being less pliable (less compression on the hit). A pressed leather hard tip would also work well, a cuemaker friend of mine installed one on a cue for me and I thought it hit like a plastic tip it ended up being so stiff compared to a normal leather tip.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those installing on a bk rush, just a suggestion. Leave a little of the old tip on there if you don't have access to the silencer pad.

Attachments

• IMG_230222_194913.jpg
    IMG_230222_194913.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 119

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
When I was hunting for a break cue it was suggest to me to swap out the Sonic tip that comes with the Mezz PB-G. I bought the cue, and left the tip on. I'm not motovated in the slightest to swap it out for something else.

As far as comparibles... The only other CF breakers I've hit are the BK-Rush and Jacoby Black-out. I have no idea what was on the Jacoby, but on the two different examples of the BK-Rush I tried. One had the predator stock tip, whatever that is, and the other had a White Diamond. I perfer the white diamond over the predator stock. I'd lso say that the white diamond hit closely enough to the Mezz sonic that there is no difference. That said, you can generate more spin with the white diamond then the sonic. I'm not a fan of CB action the white diamond provides.

If I need something more than minimal CB action for whatever reason I'll use my player.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Asking for a friend.....

Guy on my team wants me to install a tip on his break cue. I love the White Diamond and Bulletproof, but he isn't interested in a "fancy new age" tip. I have had great success with the Ultraskin regular tips, and there is a lot of great review/feedback on them, but I haven't seen anything related to the UltraSkin HH tip. Anyone have any feedback on this tip for a breaker?

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Asking for a friend.....

Guy on my team wants me to install a tip on his break cue. I love the White Diamond and Bulletproof, but he isn't interested in a "fancy new age" tip. I have had great success with the Ultraskin regular tips, and there is a lot of great review/feedback on them, but I haven't seen anything related to the UltraSkin HH tip. Anyone have any feedback on this tip for a breaker?
Asking again if anyone has some feedback.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has that person ever had their break speed measured? I’d say most people who don’t like the new tips have slower break speeds, along with a terrible acceleration. They miscue because of their stroke and then blame the tip. A pressed Water Buffalo tip will be pretty hard in the end and will make them happy regardless of their break speed.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asking for a friend.....

Fancy new age? White Diamond tios have been around for 25 years that I know of. Probably longer.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The white diamond is great for a jump break. Thay sound better than most of the composite style tips around.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Elkmaster all the way. Best tip out there for a break cue. It’ll harden up over time. I’m a spin matters on the break type. All you hear on the break is the zip of the cue and the rack explosion. That’s how you know you stroked it right. Not that nasty phenolic crunch.

dlao02

Can anyone let me know what’s the best tip that I can put on my break cue? Any thoughts on the new Kamui Sai break tip?
Still need that review?

I have it installed on my playing cue right now, for playing purposes.
Does everything I can do with my playing tip in terms of spin and power.

I have a standardized test that I do for testing tips, on one specific table, where I draw the ball as far as I can, from a set distance. I shoot many of these shots and take the best one. The maximum draw i can get out of the Kamui Sai is the same as playing tips that I've used in the past: Kamui Black medium, and every single triangle tip I've had.

If you want a review on the power or jump ability of the Sai, I don't think it jumps as well as a White Diamond. It is plenty powerful.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Since my original post stating my preference for the stock BK Rush and Samsara (found out they are the same) I have switched because they both separated between the layers, indicating they are the same, and that there was a defective batch as numerous owners were complaining about their tips also separating. About 5 months ago I installed a White Diamond and have to say, after hundreds of crushing breaks, I couldn't be happier. It installed and shaped like leather and hits somewhat like a hybrid. I don't know what it's made of, definitely not phenolic, but it seems that most players who switched to the White Diamond are very happy with it. YMMV

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since my original post stating my preference for the stock BK Rush and Samsara (found out they are the same) I have switched because they both separated between the layers, indicating they are the same, and that there was a defective batch as numerous owners were complaining about their tips also separating. About 5 months ago I installed a White Diamond and have to say, after hundreds of crushing breaks, I couldn't be happier. It installed and shaped like leather and hits somewhat like a hybrid. I don't know what it's made of, definitely not phenolic, but it seems that most players who switched to the White Diamond are very happy with it. YMMV
Those tips, also last a very long time. Thay take years to wear down,enough to really, need to change them.