Brunswick Centennial VS Super Aramith?

westclox

Registered
Hi I am a begginer to pool tables. I just bought a Gold Crown III. I want to buy some new balls. I can't decide which ones? I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I shoot with both brands regularly and I personally prefer the Centennial balls. You're gonna get comments regarding both sets as being better, and they both are well made billiard balls. It is just a matter of preference.

As I said on your other thread, welcome to the forum!!!

Maniac

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
According to the Saluc site, the Aramith Pro balls are the same material and specifications as the Centennials. I don't know how one can play better than the other if they are essentially the same.

But.....
The Centennials LOOK better, IMO. I love the ring and dart graphics.

Unfortunately you pay a hefty premium for the Brunswick Centennial name and the graphic design.

(I own both sets, cuz I am stupid that way, but I did get a steal on the Centennials on Ebay.)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
According to the Saluc site, the Aramith Pro balls are the same material and specifications as the Centennials. I don't know how one can play better than the other if they are essentially the same.

But.....
The Centennials LOOK better, IMO. I love the ring and dart graphics.

Unfortunately you pay a hefty premium for the Brunswick Centennial name and the graphic design.

(I own both sets, cuz I am stupid that way, but I did get a steal on the Centennials on Ebay.)

Well call me Dufus, too. :thumbup:

Yep, I got the both and there is no difference that I can tell playing them.

As Shaft pointed out, the mfg's website says they are the same ball, just different aesthetics.

So, get the ones you consider look nicest or go with the Pro set for economics. Either set will play great!

Best,
Brian kc

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the same boat...just got a table and need new balls.

I have the Aramith super-pros now and am considering the Aramith Tournament set. One would have to think that all the smarts they have flow up into (unto?:wink:) the top shelf. This would include refinement of the Centennial set.

But I do prefer to play w/ Centennials though. Maybe the Aramith branded sets are too developed? I just don't know.

Wondering also if Tournament set shows improvement over prior sets as far as the CB showing markings (both phenolic and chalk)??

Tex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi I am a begginer to pool tables. I just bought a Gold Crown III. I want to buy some new balls. I can't decide which ones? I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Buy the balls that go with your Brunswick table, Brunswick centennials.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The Brunswick Centennials and the Super Aramith Pro are the exact same ball except for the graphics. It says so on the Salus website:

As the top of the line, the Super Aramith PRO set distinguishes itself by its beautiful design and numbers and the maximized in-depth vitrification of its More importantly, it is a fully matched professional set, where precise calibration of each ball guarantees maximum consistency within the set. The Super Aramith PRO also exists in the Centennial design produced for Brunswick.

Here's the link: Near the bottom of the page under A Whole Range With The Tightest Specifications

Not only that, but in a response to this exact question here's a quote from an email I received from Aramith Customer Service:

Dear Sir,

It is true : the Brunswick Centennials and the Super Aramith Pro sets are made with the same phenolic resin and have the same specifications.

Regards.

ARAMITH - BELGIUM

So go with which ever one you like the looks of better, keeping in mind that the Cents are typically more expensive.

The Aramith Tournament set is their newest premium set. It is the most expensive Aramith branded set so you might take that to mean it is the "new" top of the line Aramith ball, though as noted in the quote above Saluc still refers to the Super Pro "As the top of the line." The Duramith technology in the Tournaments is claimed to last longer and due to lower friction results in less wear on the cloth. I seem to recall Fatboy saying they are better and that the cue ball doesn't draw as easy. This would make sense if it produces less friction, so perhaps the claims are true.

I have both the T's and the Cents but haven't really used the T's enough to make an assessment. I just like the look of the Cents.

Whether Brunswick will go with the Duramith technology in the Centennial line remains to be seen but right now it is the equivalent to the Super Aramith Pro.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Centennials

centennial_ball.jpgcentennial_ball.jpg

I believe Centennials are better. I like the fact that the Number is in the field rather than the stripe, and the trademark Darts within the circle have a deep history. Goes all the way back to the 1930's when they started using ivorylene. Both sets presently use Premium grade Phenolic resin. Brunswick maintains that the Centennials are ground and polished to exacting radial tolerances of 0.001 of an inch.
I am not sure that Saluc does this for their pro set, but the material is the same. Maybe someone can find out the legal contract Saluc is under and when it expires? I believe they are getting around it by introducing a new material ball. (Duramith)
One last thing is Brunswick did their homework and even to the point of the width of the stripe. It is conveniently at the exact half ball hit point!
Food for thought you can take one of the Centennial stripes and utilize it as a training aid.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
i HEARD ARAMITH Makes both Brunswick Centennials and super pro, I personally like the brunswick mainly cause of the looks ,but ultimately there both manufactured by ARAMITH ???

ANY INPUT ??

Last edited:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
From the other threads that have it appears as if you will use Simonis cloth. If you decide on that get the Aramith Tournament balls that are made with Duramith. You will then have the latest and greatest.

Rooolfl

Banned
first technical answer i can post. they're the same. as far as i know at least. the red dotted cue ball rules though.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... One last thing is Brunswick did their homework and even to the point of the width of the stripe. It is conveniently at the exact half ball hit point!
Food for thought you can take one of the Centennial stripes and utilize it as a training aid.

I believe my Centennials are "current." The stripe is approximately 1 1/16" wide, not half a ball wide (1 1/8"). So if you orient the ball with the stripe straight up and down, and the center of the stripe facing you, the edges of the stripe are about 1/32" shy of the 1/4-ball points.

It's possible that the stripe was exactly 1/2-ball wide on some earlier version(s) of the Centennials, but I don't have any of those to check.

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks Like Aramith Tournaments For Me...

I am also in the market for a couple of new sets; I have some older Aramith Premiums; that have a few nicks and scratches on most of the balls now...

Given that the Brunswick Centennials and the Aramith Tournaments are the same balls in construction, using latest and greatest technology; (READ IDENTICAL, If I am not mistaken); using what Aramith calls Duramith Technology and the only balls on the market of this quality; I guess the choice comes down to blue dot or red dot cue ball and what somewhat appears to be minor cosmetic differences between the two on different runs of each...

Personally, I am a red-dot guy, mostly because that is what is on the diamonds most of the time that I play on outside of my home.

I can get either set for within a few dollars of each other from Nielson's
Billiards joerackem.com (under 200.00 as of today) Best Price I can find...

If somebody has found a better deal (or balls) let me (or the thread) know; I will buy a set or two from them instead.

peace

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
...Given that the Brunswick Centennials and the Aramith Tournaments are the same balls in construction, using latest and greatest technology; (READ IDENTICAL, If I am not mistaken)...

Actually, the Cents and the Aramith Super Pros are the same ball. The new Tournaments are not the same as the Cents. Now that the T's are apparently the top of the line Aramith it remains to be seen if Brunswick will go to Tournament specs in the Cent line.

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, the Cents and the Aramith Super Pros are the same ball. The new Tournaments are not the same as the Cents. Now that the T's are apparently the top of the line Aramith it remains to be seen if Brunswick will go to Tournament specs in the Cent line.

thanks for the heads up "Tournaments" for me...