Brunswick History Question

lynng2378

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am thinking about buying a cue rack that is said to be from the 1930s. It is stamped "Brunswick Billiard Co". Is this consistent with a product from that era?

Thanks for any help.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. In 1845, the J.M. Brunswick Company produced its first billiard table and their still making them today.

Got any pics?

Last edited:

lynng2378

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brunswick cue stand

here is a pic

Attachments

• brass base v2.JPG
    brass base v2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 162

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can contact Brunswick directly on their website. Kinda looks like somethig that may have been made for commercial use. I suggest sending them some pics and see what they say. Looks very nice to me. :)

lynng2378

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys

Thanks guys, I was concerned about this actually being from the 1930's. I thought the Brunswick Corp was not formed until the 1960's and before then it was Burnswick/Blake/Callendar. I am just getting back to pool after a long absence and don't know my history very well. This has a fairly hefty price tag and I want to be sure it's authentic.

Thanks
Lynn

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
lynng2378 said:
Thanks guys, I was concerned about this actually being from the 1930's. I thought the Brunswick Corp was not formed until the 1960's and before then it was Brunswick/Balke/Collender. I am just getting back to pool after a long absence and don't know my history very well. This has a fairly hefty price tag and I want to be sure it's authentic.

Thanks
Lynn
At least for rule books, they were BBC Co. until the mid-1930s. There are people who collect catalogs, and you need to hear from them, I think.

Brunswick published a semi-official history of the company in a very well-illustrated book by Rick Kogan (two editions, 1985/1995). If you are collecting Brunswick stuff, you may want to get a copy of that book. If you are patient, you can get it for $10 on eBay.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
lynng2378 said:
I am thinking about buying a cue rack that is said to be from the 1930s. It is stamped "Brunswick Billiard Co". Is this consistent with a product from that era?

Thanks for any help.

I couldn't find it in my web-site published catalogs:

http://www.palmercollector.com/Brunswick/BruswickCollectorHomePage.html

I'll look through the rest of my catalogs tomorrow and let you know if I find the cue stand. I haven;t seen this model before.

I honestly can't tell what year it's from, but if it were from the 1930's, I would think it would have Brunswick-Balke-Collender on it. Have you looked for a stamp under the base?

Chris

lynng2378

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
I couldn't find it in my web-site published catalogs:

http://www.palmercollector.com/Brunswick/BruswickCollectorHomePage.html

I'll look through the rest of my catalogs tomorrow and let you know if I find the cue stand. I haven;t seen this model before.

I honestly can't tell what year it's from, but if it were from the 1930's, I would think it would have Brunswick-Balke-Collender on it. Have you looked for a stamp under the base?

Chris
Thank you very much Chris. Here is a picture of the whole stand if that will help Identify it.

Attachments

• brass stand.jpg
    brass stand.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 111

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
lynng2378 said:
here is a pic

I would be concerned that the cue holder is a reproduction of an earlier model. I have never seen one that did not say Brunswick Balk collender & Co.