Brunswick KU Bumper Box Questions???

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen a few of the KU Bumper boxes that are the green color like the picture below. I know these are definitely from the 60's. Are they also from the late 50's too?
Recently I saw a box that had the same design, but orange in color. Is that box from the 70's?
When were the KUs first made?
Thanks.
kubumper.jpg
 
Although the name Brunswick Balke Collender was changed to Brunswick Corporation in 1960, this box was still shown in their 1961 catalog. My 1964 catalog shows the orange box with the large "B" logo. Yes, the orange box was still sold into the 1970s. I believe the box you show in the photo may have came out about the same time as the Centennial and Anniversary tables.........1945.
 
Although the name Brunswick Balke Collender was changed to Brunswick Corporation in 1960, this box was still shown in their 1961 catalog. My 1964 catalog shows the orange box with the large "B" logo. Yes, the orange box was still sold into the 1970s. I believe the box you show in the photo may have came out about the same time as the Centennial and Anniversary tables.........1945.



Correct, the orange box was the later one, I have an invoice for a gross with the orange box that was sold in the 70's.
 
And there is a box with 7 KU bumpers on EBay right now if you hurry.
Up to $91 so a little too pricey for me.
 
This was still in the Brunswick shipping box when i found it. It actually has both colors in it. Pretty cool piece.
 

Attachments

  • poolballsssss 019.jpg
    poolballsssss 019.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 258
  • poolballsssss 017.jpg
    poolballsssss 017.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 230
Back
Top