Buddy Hall

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know whats going on with Buddy nowadays? Is he still living in Florida or has he moved back to the Metropolis/Paducah area? Does he still go to Texas alot?

And is he still playing and still giving lessons?

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might give that place a call next week and see if Buddy does indeed frequent the place. And also ask if he is still giving lessons nowadays. I'll try and keep everyone posted.

r/DCP

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Do you realize the creep factor in what you posted.

You aren't far from Sullys and could easily drive down there for a day.

I might give that place a call next week and see if Buddy does indeed frequent the place. And also ask if he is still giving lessons nowadays. I'll try and keep everyone posted.

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you realize the creep factor in what you posted.

You aren't far from Sullys and could easily drive down there for a day.

The only creep around here is you. You are always insulting and hijacking threads. I really fail to understand why the Moderators dont do something about you. Your crap is old, and I mean OLD!!!

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why do you think he can help you anymore than anybody else has?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP
He's 75 and pretty much retired from a lot of that. He MIGHT give lessons but i wouldn't count on it.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I lived in Oklahoma City Buddy visited for a few weeks in the lates 1990's and I was fortunate enough to play him about four hours of one pocket for five straight days. He spotted me enough to basically beat me 5/6 games a day for 20 a game. After that week playing with Buddy my game jumped up a few balls. He was extremely gracious and kind with sharing his knowledge and perspective on one pocket.

I will forever cherish those 20 hours of getting to play one pocket with one of the greatest pool players of all time.

-don

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I have been told from a friend who lives close to him Buddy will play one pocket all day long for 5 bucks a game, so you can get some cheap lessons just by playing him.
Tom

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
To me, Buddy Hall and Ralf Souquet are the living proof that if you play the right way, you can excel for many, many years.

When Buddy Hall won the US Open 9-ball in 1998, he reminded us all that when you play with a technical elegance that has rarely, if ever, been matched in our sport, anything's possible, even if you happen to be 53 years old.

When Ralf Souquet was an automatic qualifier for Team Europe at the Mosconi Cup in 2017 and went 3-1 in his four Mosconi Cup matches, he reminded us that a 49 year old can still play as well as anyone as long as they play the right way.

Those of you who want to pick Buddy's brain are very smart indeed.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Why do you think he can help you anymore than anybody else has?

he wants to hear buddies tales of all the shades of green cloth over the years and how each helped to make balls and individual characteristics

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I have been told from a friend who lives close to him Buddy will play one pocket all day long for 5 bucks a game, so you can get some cheap lessons just by playing him.
Tom
"Lessons" were a little more than that when I saw him play at Guys and Dolls in Shreveport in the 70's.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Lessons" were a little more than that when I saw him play at Guys and Dolls in Shreveport in the 70's.

He "gave" lessons to many of the top players in the country while he was in Shreveport. :thumbup: