Bushka on the market....

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
okay..discussion

First of all, the cue, according to the ebay info, is an anachronism.
It's listed as a 1940 model....
George started to do cue repairs in 1959...probably didn't make an actual cue till 1960.

...and he misspelled Stradivarius...:)

But I would still love to own the cue, Doc.
When I was a kid, I could've bought his business cue ( 4 points, linen grip..no fancy stuff)
for a $150....

...pt..not the sharpest knife in the drawer..:eek:

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not knocking it.....

But how much money do you have to have, to spend 25k on a cue? With cue prices in the shitter, is this cue low enough to get your money back if you sold it in a few years from now. It seams over priced to me but its not like you see them for sale every day.
Here I go again, I think its ugly. I know all you bushka fans are cursing me out but just my opinion. So as I see it , its ugly, over priced, and you cant even say you got it cause it hits good, cause at that price I dough you'll be playing with it.
Do you buy this just to say you own one?
for the record I own 34 cues and I like everyone of them. I shoot with them all at some point and they are all for sale. highest price is $48oo BB I just got.
If you have to explain it to me than I probably wont understand any way. have a great one!

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
But how much money do you have to have, to spend 25k on a cue? With cue prices in the shitter, is this cue low enough to get your money back if you sold it in a few years from now. It seams over priced to me but its not like you see them for sale every day.
Here I go again, I think its ugly. I know all you bushka fans are cursing me out but just my opinion. So as I see it , its ugly, over priced, and you cant even say you got it cause it hits good, cause at that price I dough you'll be playing with it.
Do you buy this just to say you own one?
for the record I own 34 cues and I like everyone of them. I shoot with them all at some point and they are all for sale. highest price is $48oo BB I just got.
If you have to explain it to me than I probably wont understand any way. have a great one!

I agree with with you. I guess if you want it as a showpiece and you have money to burn then whatever.
I've never owned a Balabushka but I have played with a few and there is certainly nothing terribly special about the way they play.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Swine?

Pearls before swine - so to speak.

Dale

I know ive put on a few extra pounds but come on, swine. That hurt.

Enlighten us o wise one and tell us what makes it a pearl? Be specific, Im a little slow you know. :bow-down:

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a cool Balabushka. It's priced well above market. I hope it sells, heck I own 2 Balabushka's one much bigger than the cue listed. I wish the seller would have listed specs such as weight, shaft diameters, ect. I love that almost every Balabushka cue was played and has patina. Too many new and mint cues around. This cue has history and has seen more pool action than I could imagine.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
There are guys on here with 100 grand just for buying cues, and the cue is priced pretty good in my opinion. I seen them sell for 50 grand a little fancier. If the guy is on the level, it will sell for sure. Great looking cue. The market is fine for people that aren't on a budget.:grin-square:

Last edited:

Arlene

Registered
If you go to their E Bay store, they don't sell any other cues or related items, just artwork. Not to say that cue making is a fine art, but I think they are a little out of their own league when it comes to cues.
(Just stick with what you!):smile:

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
I see guys blow millions gambling, literally, so $25G doesnt surprise me at all. Maybe the seller would do better at a rare auction site with a well known name other than E-bay ?
I have never bought anything off E Bay myself but how safe is it ?

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambling

I see guys blow millions gambling, literally, so $25G doesnt surprise me at all. Maybe the seller would do better at a rare auction site with a well known name other than E-bay ?
I have never bought anything off E Bay myself but how safe is it ?
Gambling has a chance for a return. A very good return. So its not the amount or price its the amount and the price of that stick. Don't know if that makes sense.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder of it's TOI friendly.
toetap05.gif

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Can you guys get the photos to enlarge on the ebay ad? All I see is tiny thumbnails.