Buyer asks, and I am still trying to figure out question?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
"Does either shaft have any taper roll? By taper roll, I mean....Normally the middle of the shaft does not touch the table because of the taper. Let's say the edge of the middle of the shaft is 1.5 mm off the table when lying on the table. Does the edge of the shaft stay a constant 1.5 mm off the table when you roll the shaft? Or, does the distance from the edge of the shaft to the table vary from, say, 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm when you roll the shaft?"

I tried to PM Intrested part, but he never replied. Too me question was not blak n white.

I did PM him back and reply my finding that was everything together & apart roll true and straight. Like arrow,

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The question is very black and white

Does the shaft maintain a consistent distance from the table, or does it bobble up and down through the middle of the shaft when rolled?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The question is very black and white

Does the shaft maintain a consistent distance from the table, or does it bobble up and down through the middle of the shaft when rolled?

Well as I said I rolled it on a level surface, it rocked true, surface was pool table.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well as I said I rolled it on a level surface, it rocked true, surface was pool table.
Thats not the question.. you lay it on the flat surface and due to taper there is daylight between table and shaft midway. Now roll it. Does the amount of daylight change significantly as it rotates?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
"Does either shaft have any taper roll? By taper roll, I mean....Normally the middle of the shaft does not touch the table because of the taper. Let's say the edge of the middle of the shaft is 1.5 mm off the table when lying on the table. Does the edge of the shaft stay a constant 1.5 mm off the table when you roll the shaft? Or, does the distance from the edge of the shaft to the table vary from, say, 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm when you roll the shaft?"

I tried to PM Intrested part, but he never replied. Too me question was not blak n white.

I did PM him back and reply my finding that was everything together & apart roll true and straight. Like arrow,
He's simply asking if the shaft has any warp to it, not just if the tip stays on the table. If the space you're seeing under the shaft changes, it's not truly straight. Sounds like this dude might be a bit of a nuisance customer. I mean, I get it, I want perfect too, but a good playing stick isn't always up to NASA tolerance levels. Might direct him toward CF.

download (14).jpg

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can see a bit of light under any shaft that has been sanded down some in the stroking and bridging area.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JC has the right method. If the cue isn't straight, for whatever reason, you will most easily be able to see it that way

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

someone like that i would pass on a transaction
jmho
icbw

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To CC: You can't say a cue rolls straight as an arrow unless you put your head on the pool table to get your eye even with the stick. Then roll it around and watch the gap between the stick and the table. You've been around pool for decades. You must know this? That is what the potential buyer is asking you to check.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You can see a bit of light under any shaft that has been sanded down some in the stroking and bridging area.
You can see some light in almost all shafts with compound taper .
If it only had one angle , yeah , you might not see a light .
Almost all shafts I've seen ( pool shafts ) have 3 or more angles .
Most have more than 3.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think you will have a hard time finding interested parties on a $3400 cue if you can't answer questions about straightness

Actually I send the guy a message, told him in detail my findings. If you had more questions he could have asked. Funny thing was after the PM,, he did not even reply, then you, got it or thank you.

BTW $3,400.00 is asking, and and the ads say NO Trades, but I will consider offers.

But to those who decode his message THANK YOU.

Also original listing spelled out condion, straightness, etc. Plus the he was also told Cue was inspected in last week for straightness. Like I said never got more questions, or requests for info.

As you can see straightness, and roll was mentioned in listing.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you say it rolls straight it should roll straight or you are not representing your cue honestly. just because it seems fine to you that doesnt mean its straight.
accurately describe your cue and dont embellish things so to sell it faster or you will get bad rap and deserve it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
if you say it rolls straight it should roll straight or you are not representing your cue honestly. just because it seems fine to you that doesnt mean its straight.
accurately describe your cue and dont embellish things so to sell it faster or you will get bad rap and deserve it.

Well I have sold items off & on, believe my reputation is 100%👍.

So that base is covered.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you at least understand the question now? I went to your listing and the person asked a very valid question and in a respectful manner.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frankly if I was going to spend 3k on a 6 year old cue I’d ask for a video of it spinning on the table, with the camera lens right on the slate level. Of course every single cue will have some wobble, but this view will show it, and then the buyer can determine if it’s acceptable to him. It’s so easy to take a 10 sec video and post it now.