Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
There's bickering, arguing, accusations, taunts, threats, hostile words and opinions, not to mention wagering, bets put up, offered, declined, accusations of dumping and welching. Oy-Vey !

I think people on this forum should stop playing pool and then happiness and bliss will return to AZB... imo

Doug

Doug,
NONSENSE. People should not stop playing pool; they should just pick their opponents a bit more carefully.

Pool is a FABULOUS game when playing with friends and good sports as we insist on in Betmore's Basement (of course there is still bickering, arguing, accusations, taunts, threats, hostile words and opinions, not to mention wagering, bets put up, offered, declined, accusations of dumping and welching - but hey, I'm providing the beverages, so my opponents will just have to put up with it or go somewhere else to play).

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I knda like the over for a thousand

iba7467 said:
I will definitely have to take the under if no one involved in the bet is allowed to bump the thread or have someone else do it.

I like the over 85 pages for a thousand myself. I just changed my settings to five posts a page and I'm on page 73 right now!

Hu

Flettir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pages and pages

You know, if I really wanted to get this tread to lots of pages I could just ask a silly question. You know, like,

Who Won?

And then later, in a couple of days I could ask,

What is a bump?

This thread would go nuts.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Poolplaya9 said:
I just want to give props and kudos to both OMGWTF and CubC for stepping up to play, and for some decent money too. Win or lose, and regardless of how well they play, they deserve the recognition for being people that finally had the guts to step out from behind their computer to make their grudge match happen.

This is the first barkfest from all the years on AzBilliards that I can think of that looks like it might actually go off. The last one that I remember was the Jimbo and John Barton match that happened about 8 years ago, but it was a result of barkfest that was primarily conducted on RSB if I recall correctly.

Now if we could just get Jay Helfert and JoeyA, or one of the other recent barkfests to be a second match back to back with this one, then I bet the viewing audience would skyrocket. I'd watch it.

I WILL PLAY!!!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
cyrex said:
Tap Tap Tap. Kudos for the action. I'd like to see/hear Jay Helfert commentating on the DVD if it happens.

It's a bet. Thank you.

I'll be around if the TAR guys need me.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Well, due to the Poll voting, Cubc is being replaced by the entire remaining contestants from American Idol.

Doug
( all bets will remain in play on the substitutes ) :)

I HATE your bug! :eek:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Schmohawk said:
Something is wrong. I am quite sure OMGWTF is Jane Fujinaga and that is not her????????

Definitely not her! I haven't seen Jane in years. She is a real doll herself. :)

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Definitely not her! I haven't seen Jane in years. She is a real doll herself. :)

I just ran into Jane in Vegas lurking around the APA event at the SWC.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
There's a difference. I wouldn't talk smack, like she and her friends are doing, if I beat someone getting the 7. That's my point.

If she wants to prove to me that she can play, beat him straight up.

Talking smack after winning a set that you were spotted in is stupid at worst, idiotic at best. It's like the 2 in the APA bragging about taking down a 7 in 9-ball, because they made 19 balls before the 7 made 55. Final ball count for 2 is 19, for the 7 is 54. Yeah, the 2 beat the 7. Is it something to brag about?

Shawn maybe you're new to pool. We have something called "matching up". And this is what cubc and OMGWTF have done, MATCH UP! It's pretty obvious that cubc is a fairly good player/shortstop, definitely not an amateur by any means. I did watch his video posted on this thread.

OMGWTF can play but she is no "A" player by any means. Barely what I would call a "B" player in fact. No question she is the underdog in this match, and will have to play VERY well to get the cash.

I give her a lot of credit for matching up with a better player and betting her own too. She's got a lot of heart in my book.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Val Finnie said:
brooklyjay, maybe you should get your facts correct before you post. The bet that was offered was from OMG, and unless you know nothing about gambling on pool players and the golden rule. - Never bet directly with the players involved in the match.

The thing is, Kim and I saw an alarm bell when OMG wanted the bet personally. Why, when she already has $3000 posted in a game in my opinion she cant possibly win. Maybe I am just over cautious.

Anyway my bet is still there, but as I said to Vagabond, We will still bet, but with somebody I am familiar with and is not involved in the match directly.

You see brooklynjay I do "know a good bet when I see one" and I also "know a bad bet when I see one", as you like to quote it.
I dont know why I have to explain myself to you, but there you have it.

Hope this answers your questions.

Have a good day

Val

I guess you learn something new every day. I just did. I've been betting directly with players in matches for decades now and must be about 50K winners overall. I wish somebody would have told me years ago that this was wrong. My bad! :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
girlwon1 said:
Wow, all of this speculation...

Steven, I never thought you were insinuating anything in your post. I read it as just asking if I am (along with others) want to bet so much money, then what is it that I know that the majority doesn't.

My wish to bet on Chris here is just a case of old fashioned looking at both sides, and betting who I think is the winner. I have seen Melinda play on the big table (I have played against her also) and based on what I have seen, I feel like Chris can give her the spot. This is not to be taken as a derogatory statement against Melinda, this is what I feel is presented on the table. Personally I feel like a lot of people are betting on Melinda based on being a fan of her blog, versus actually seeing her play on the big table. That is just one person's opinion. I do not allow what I may think about her personally affect where I put my money.

Have I seen Chris play? No. I do have friends who live in his area, and after I put a few calls in, I decided that was the direction I wanted to go based on their answer.

I like action as much as the next person. Reading this thread has been fun for me. I like to see people match up when they say they are going to. I think that is one of the reasons this thread has gotten so much attention, is that we are guaranteed that a barking match will turn into an actual one since all the money has been posted.

My bet of 500 is because it seems a bit more fun for me to sweat that amount versus anything smaller, that's all.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Tina Pawloski

Let me help you out here Tina. THE GIRL'S GOT SOME GAMBLE! WHO WANTS SOME?

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I guess you learn something new every day. I just did. I've been betting directly with players in matches for decades now and must be about 50K winners overall. I wish somebody would have told me years ago that this was wrong. My bad! :)

Jay what were you thinking? It's quite obvious you are out of your league when it comes to gambling. You need to put a stop to this nonsense. Respect the Golden Rule or you are doomed to become another statistic.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
Jay what were you thinking? It's quite obvious you are out of your league when it comes to gambling. You need to put a stop to this nonsense. Respect the Golden Rule or you are doomed to become another statistic.

Hey Poked, we've got a $50 sweat bet on this match correct? Ive got cubc and you've got wtf.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
Hey Poked, we've got a $50 sweat bet on this match correct? Ive got cubc and you've got wtf.

Correct corvette. I'm respecting the rule by sidebetting with a person not directly involved in the match.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
Correct corvette. I'm respecting the rule by sidebetting with a person not directly involved in the match.
GL to you but better luck to me.

D<-- gots fitty bet with DP too.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:

Hey LA slim,

Val is a shy, sweet, Scottish dawling and does not need or deserve any grief. Focus should be on Chris VS OMGWTF but not on val:cool: