Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Fatboy said:
Honestly I thought he was gonna flip, I didnt expect him after all these years of flashing the $$$ he would back it up even at $10,000 a flip we could have had a good game, I saw him for the first time in 85 with $30K on him he had it out in both hands 23 years before that night this last DCC. After all that time no one ever stood up to him???? honestly he had to flip for ten just to save face, but he didnt. I saw him last night he wouldnt look at me, I have no beef with him, he has his way and thats cool with me. But we all saw the truth-I had no idea there was a camera, I damn near didnt walk in I was just off the plane going to my room. The ledgend of Tooth the "Gambler" was exposed that night and forever will be-thanks to a camera that was just left running. As for me I'm not seeking anything from that moment-I had my fun with it. I was disappointed, When I saw the $30,000 in 85 I had never seen so much $$$, I dreamed of the day I could be in his world and flip for it, you know walking around $$, I got to that world and he let me down, He let the pool world down. Kinda like Saddam there were no WMD's. :(

You "flip for it" move was SO STRONG and absolutely a classic and made better being broadcast for those that cared about such stuff. The best. You looked to me (in the video) to be quite jacked up and excited, don't lie, was your heart pounding?

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Omgwtf

OMGWTF

I love your blog.

I'm so glad you won, this has been a great thread and I found myself (along with many) totally pulling for you in the match. You made him put up or shut up, you showed up with the cash and totally took it down. Kudos and way thanks for the entertainment.

Thanks also to TAR.

Where's my huge V-cash payout please?

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
poolhustler said:
REMATCH??????? :D

Congrats to OMGWTF !!!

I saw her at the last IPT match and she is a cutie pie. I would give her the 7 out anytime!!!!!!

Russ....

Russ

Careful before you find yourself skulking off into the background, broke and busted, while OMGWTF is stepping into the TAR booth for her congratulations for taking Russ down interview.

(Not that you don't play great).

Kevin

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Tortoise and the Hare

History keeps on repeating itself but no one listens at times. When I was young the first story I remembered was the Tortoise and the Hare. In a race in the woods. Every one said the Hare was the fastest and would obviously win. Well we know the end of that race.

OMGWTF was diligent and humble. Working everyday, couple of hours, by herself and with a friend on her game. Racking and breaking, running balls, hard cut shots and banks. Working up a sweat. Paying expensive Hollywood table time rates to train and prepare diligently and focused. Just like the Tortoise.

THe Hare flies in the night before!!!??? And wonders nonchalontaly "is it still on?". While the lady has been there for days paying her hotel room. Sucking up the environment and adjusting to the temperature and the ambience. Playing bar pool with her team mates never forgetting what she's there for.

She digs to her roots and works hard, quietly, studying and trying to better herself. Not thinking she is better but having to be better than what she is. SHe does what all slackers fear. Bringing up the grade curve, ya all. SHe is working for that 4.0 Magna Cum Laude, Phi Betta Kappa. Yet she still pleads to be left off the Schmidt/ Harriman thread because she know she doesnt belong in that league. Yes in skill but not in Heart.

In Mike Caro's great poker book, The Book of Tells. He establishes one thing. When they pose as strong they are WEAK. When they pose as WEAK they are strong. This is a rule all poker players know. Like the Tortoise everyone thought that this lady was weak and the Hare would easily win the race. Well with his bluster of "you got the 7 for life" and I aint going to be "nice" about it. We could easily tell who was weak and who was strong. Shame on you Poker players for not seeing this.

The money went in 3 times on her break. Not for luck. I seen her from the corner of my eyes her practicing that break daily in the corner of a Santa Monica poolroom. I am not a fan of hers or her blog. But she has gotten a lot of respect from me over the past several weeks. I really hope she finds what she is looking for in pool and grows more as a well rounded player and human being. She deserved that win.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kvinbrwr said:
Russ

Careful before you find yourself skulking off into the background, broke and busted, while OMGWTF is stepping into the TAR booth for her congratulations for taking Russ down interview.

(Not that you don't play great).

Kevin

Thanks for the warning KB !! I still would give her a go.....:)

Russ....

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
StevenPWaldon said:
lol, too funny. A few times if it was late enough I would drive him from Santa Monica to his home. I hope I'm not the only one who gets this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yobagua
Next match Danny Shades vs OMGWTF. Call it the Bus Pass special.

Danny can afford a taxi to the pool room now. He had a bet on her.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Match

What was the race to? Who was racking the balls? (Sorry, but I am not reading 40 pages at 2:40 am).

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
What was the race to? Who was racking the balls? (Sorry, but I am not reading 40 pages at 2:40 am).

The way I understand it is that is was 8 ahead for like 3 thousand or something like that. Self racking. OMGWTF had the wild 7. How stupid do you have to be to give someone a wild ball and then let them rack their own breaks? I heard she made the 7 on the break like 4 or 5 times during the match. Congrats to her though. She did good.
MULLY

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
The way I understand it is that is was 8 ahead for like 3 thousand or something like that. Self racking. OMGWTF had the wild 7. How stupid do you have to be to give someone a wild ball and then let them rack their own breaks? I heard she made the 7 on the break like 4 or 5 times during the match. Congrats to her though. She did good.
MULLY

The art of matching up is just as important as the game itself! If you don't have a fair game from the get-go, it's not a challenge match. Rather, it's a hustle; a lock, if you will. :eek:

JAM

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
What comes around goes around...

wahcheck said:
when was the wild 7 decided upon as the spot? Was it the original proposition or was it just before they began? I thought initially they were gonna play even up......
Ever thought of reading the first post of this thread before asking such a pedestrian question..?

wahcheck said:
I join in all the other who give him credit to do this in front of the world.....all those who might criticize his performance should jump out there and try it themselves under the same conditions....
As if she wasn't under the same conditions..?! According to him (as he told me) this was exactly where he wanted this "psycho b!tch" since it was "free money" for him. In the light of the shit Cubc have said about OMGWTF, to give him "credits to show up" is disingenuous.

mullyman said:
How stupid do you have to be to give someone a wild ball and then let them rack their own breaks? I heard she made the 7 on the break like 4 or 5 times during the match.
"4 or 5 times" -- no, you did not hear that. Yes, she is very good at breaking, but she's even better when it comes to running racks -- I've played her quite a few games on a 9-footer and hence know what I'm talking about. Under no pressure, as when playing me, she's just amazing.

As some of you might understand, I'm certainly gleeful to see Cubc getting wiped off the table. In my book, if someone makes indecent propositions, talks smack (including racial and misogynous remarks), and then spreads around lies (up to the very minute of the match), I'd just say that WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.

So yes, to me this was a very good day -- and it was Norway's independence day too, May 17th -- and how appropriate isn't this since there are more Norwegians (per capita) who read OMGWTF's blog than any other nation, (I guess we Norwegians have a wicked sense of humor ;^)

-- peer

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
JAM said:
The art of matching up is just as important as the game itself! If you don't have a fair game from the get-go, it's not a challenge match. Rather, it's a hustle; a lock, if you will. :eek:

JAM

I agree. Johnnyt

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:

JAM
JAM, if you go back to the beginning of this thing, you will find that there was no hustle involved.
Cubc offered the 7 and OMGWTF accepted. If anyone thought they were hustling, it was Cubc.

IMHO, it just seems like Cubc was talking smack and when the time came to deliver, he choked.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
mullyman said:
MULLY

3k each, self racking but she had to put the 7 in a specific position (that's what I heard from the commentary), and she got money on the break maybe 3 times (one of which was the 9-ball). You should've watched the free feed! :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
JAM, if you go back to the beginning of this thing, you will find that there was no hustle involved.
Cubc offered the 7 and OMGWTF accepted. If anyone thought they were hustling, it was Cubc.

IMHO, it just seems like Cubc was talking smack and when the time came to deliver, he choked.

I think you may be interpreting my post differently than I intended for it to be.

I view the art of hustling maybe -- and this is just a maybe -- differently than the literal meaning of the word in the dictionary.

It is not my intention to take sides, and I have no dog in this fight. In fact, I do not know either player. I have never read OMG's blog, and I don't know cubc except that he is an AzBilliards forum member.

I was merely pointing out the fact that handicapping or hustling, if you will, is indeed an art form. Those who know how to match up have a definite advantage.

JAM

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Rich R. said:

I agree lol. Johnnyt