Chicago AZers Get Together II

Pick a saturday in June.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little of

You might need a little history lesson on Lou Malnati's pizza that dates back to 1940's when Lou first began working for the first deep dish pizzeria in Chicago, before going and setting up his own shop.

You may not like Lou's (it would be the first person I've met that has not, ever) but you can not say it is not Chicago style deep dish without coming off as very ill informed.
A little bit of the NPR Is slipping out lol. RJ your the best!

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
You might need a little history lesson on Lou Malnati's pizza that dates back to 1940's when Lou first began working for the first deep dish pizzeria in Chicago, before going and setting up his own shop.

You may not like Lou's (it would be the first person I've met that has not, ever) but you can not say it is not Chicago style deep dish without coming off as very ill informed.

Just because Lou's father Ricardo was connected to a resturaunt that made pizza in chicago in the 40s doesn't means that the resturaunts now represent what is chciago style deep dish. Take the top 10 deep dish pizzerias in chciago area all are similar in style except 2 - Lou malnaties and Gino's east. The other 8=
Chicago style. I do know something about pizza son.

Also volume in sales has nothing to do with quality. I bet you think Gibson's serves the best steak too. If you are feeling overly touristy too we can always stop at the rock n roll mcdonalds because they have the best burgers!

Last edited:

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked ....

I picked June 14th because "Pinklady" is in town on this day and wants to attend. Any choice works for me.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because Lou's father Ricardo was connected to a resturaunt that made pizza in chicago in the 40s doesn't means that the resturaunts now represent what is chciago style deep dish. Take the top 10 deep dish pizzerias in chciago area all are similar in style except 2 - Lou malnaties and Gino's east. The other 8=

Also volume in sales has nothing to do with quality. I bet you think Gibson's serves the best steak too. If you are feeling overly touristy too we can always stop at the rock n roll mcdonalds because they have the best burgers!

That settles it, Beef samitchs for everyone. No Pie!
Now, Mr. Beef or Al's lol
Just kidding, We decide on food once we pick a date.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I "F"ed up

We forgot to consider Stanley Cup Play off conflicts of interest. I think the finals are First week. Not for sure. Lets hope they kill the Kings in 4 and roll through NY and bring the cup home by the 14th

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh crap I didn't know pinky was gonna be here...I voted for the 7th.
Change one vote to 14th :)

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm only 19 so would I still be able to come with if I'm not drinking? ;)

and if so, around how much $$ should I bring?

Details please :D

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
June 21 or 28 got my vote, but if Pinkie is in town on the 7th you should absolutely do that. The 14th I'm definitely out, 9 ball Citywide that weekend. Eight ball Citywide is the 7th. If that's the date, and my team doesn't qualify, I'll be there.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Ok Junior, you don't like good pizza... no worries, I hear there is a Domino's just down the street from Chris', I'll even pay for it ;)

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou Malnatis sucks. It is not true chicago deep dish pizza. I don't even know what it is, but it is not chicago style deep dish. If you are from New York, or someplace other than chicago and had a sheltered life than I understand.

It's all a matter of taste. Lou's is my favorite! Yes there are other good deep dishes around but the sheer success of Malnatis' business is a testament to their product.

Count me in! I live ten minutes from Chris'

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
pizza taste off, anytime you are ready!:thumbup:

i'll tell you what - if you bring that Alan Alda avatar w/ you to Chicago....
i'll be there.
regardless of the date.
and i'll bring my Philly tastebuds w/ me.
$1.00?

PS - can i bring Scott Lee & Renfro? we'll BYOB. we're trying to rework for the 7th.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
i'll be there.
regardless of the date.
$1.00?

PS - can i bring Scott Lee & Renfro? we'll BYOB. we're trying to rework for the 7th.

Scott Lee can come only if he promises to give me a 15min stroke check up

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
i'll be there.
regardless of the date.
$1.00?

Renfro ? Yes.
Scott? Definitely not !
That whole ABR crew is nothing but trouble I tell ya.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had last minute family come into town and stay at my house last year that stopped me from making it, but I am hoping to make it this year. I have a pretty crazy schedule with 3 little girls in a lot of activities, but if I can make it, I will be there. The craziness has significantly dented my playing time, so I will have to buckle down if I am going to keep up with you guys on the table.