Chicago AZers Get Together II

Pick a saturday in June.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Finally!! I was hoping you were planning something like this again this year. I plan on going. How about this weekend?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
But I'll show up anyways.... because this year it should be "bar box" tourney since Chris just got a bunch of new Diamond 7 footers !!! Heck, I'll even take you as my partner ...lol

Cant we play on the big boy tables? They have Gold Crowns dont they?

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Don't forget it's BYO at Chris's.
RJ will have the Zima's and Bartles and James covered. I'll bring some suds and a community cooler. Some of us who live close might get a lil silly :)

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course!

Its time again for our annual Chicago AZers get together. This year it's going to be at Chris's on the North side. We have to figure out a date that works for the majority. If your interested in attending, please post to this thread so I can PM you any info on event.
We did this last year and had great time. Want to make this 2nd one even better. If you have any questions please pm or post here.
I will be making a poll for dates that you can vote on or you can suggest dates here.

No-brainer-just say the word-I'm there
-CP

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Lou Malnatis sucks. It is not true chicago deep dish pizza. I don't even know what it is, but it is not chicago style deep dish. If you are from New York, or someplace other than chicago and had a sheltered life than I understand.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your all in

Trying to get a deal on Table time for us. Will be posting dates to vote on in a poll tomorrow. Thanks for all the interest. By the way, does anyone know what happen to "tommy lee" he was a cool kid who came out last time then got banned.
Zimma for RJ, got it.

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't forget it's BYO at Chris's.
RJ will have the Zima's and Bartles and James covered. I'll bring some suds and a community cooler. Some of us who live close might get a lil silly :)

Shhhhh....Yer gonna get a buncha tourists climbing the walls.
Milk and cookies ;)

Nothing going on here...move along.:grin:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Trying to get a deal on Table time for us. Will be posting dates to vote on in a poll tomorrow. Thanks for all the interest. By the way, does anyone know what happen to "tommy lee" he was a cool kid who came out last time then got banned.
Zimma for RJ, got it.

Tommy Lee joined our Red Shoes straight pool league. Then about 7 or 8 weeks in he disappeared. No one heard from him. No emails answered. No voice mails responded to. I hope he is all right.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Zimma for RJ, got it.

Wow. do they even still make Zimma, i vaguely remember my very first and last one I ever had :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Lou Malnatis sucks. It is not true chicago deep dish pizza. I don't even know what it is, but it is not chicago style deep dish. If you are from New York, or someplace other than chicago and had a sheltered life than I understand.

You might need a little history lesson on Lou Malnati's pizza that dates back to 1940's when Lou first began working for the first deep dish pizzeria in Chicago, before going and setting up his own shop.

You may not like Lou's (it would be the first person I've met that has not, ever) but you can not say it is not Chicago style deep dish without coming off as very ill informed.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Tommy Lee joined our Red Shoes straight pool league. Then about 7 or 8 weeks in he disappeared. No one heard from him. No emails answered. No voice mails responded to. I hope he is all right.

Tommy Lee was my partner is last year's tourney at Red Shoe's.... he was newer to the game, but was very interested in getting better because he loved the game.... hopefully someone can get a message to him...

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be interested in coming down for this if you all don't mind a beginner coming just to hang out and watch some better players and hopefully learn a thing or two. Wouldn't mind a little Chicago pizza fix either! Be cool to visit Chris's.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I might be interested in coming down for this if you all don't mind a beginner coming just to hang out and watch some better players and hopefully learn a thing or two. Wouldn't mind a little Chicago pizza fix either! Be cool to visit Chris's.

Absolutely... come on down... and play in the doubles tourney as well... it's just for fun and bragging rights :) Of course, please be aware the new guy ususally buys the first round ;)

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Absolutely... come on down... and play in the doubles tourney as well... it's just for fun and bragging rights :) Of course, please be aware the new guy ususally buys the first round ;)

you posted that it's going to be streamed - right?

J-Flo, you've got to let us know WHEN & LINK (everyone needs at least 2 days' notice to get our acts together), so that AZB can watch The Chicago AZers Get Together! (Mr. Bond should do interviews, hint hint)

what a FANTASTIC IDEA! if we are in town, we'll join yáll. but Bartle & James isn't going to get-it, Honey.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a guy or two from St Louis come? If it's on a Saturday I'm not busy, I would love to check this out.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can a guy or two from St Louis come? If it's on a Saturday I'm not busy, I would love to check this out.

Dang tourists!

I'm totally kidding.
Just bring your green card and enough tequila for everyone and we'll pretend your a local. At least inside the building anyways. :D

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope he is ok

He was a kool kid. I hope he is ok.