Chicago Midway Area

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search doesnt work on my phone. Stuck in Chicago cuz of weather. Any pool close to midway?

Jim

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Shoes Billiards is in Alsip Illinois....Basically a 20 minute cab ride from Midway Airport. The address is 12009 S. Pulaski St. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel.708-388-3700)....Midway Airport is in the 6300 block of South Cicero ave. Soooo....Red Shoes is approx. 65-70 blocks away (8-9 miles ish). Full bar and kitchen...pool room stays open til 4:00 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Any players (that ain't at DCC already) that are in Chicago will be at Red Shoes tonight.

K Knight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's 20 min in normal weather. not in blizzard rush hour traffic. If you get in a cab right now be prepared to drop some coin and at least an hour.

You aren't in a place where you can walk anywhere either. If you go west on 55th there are a few bars. Metro mix says Bohica Bar and Grill has a pool table.

Bohica Bar
5518 S. Archer Ave

Personally I wouldn't recommend going out around midway, but I don't know what crowd you're used to.

Red Shoes may be your best bet, but if it's snowing anywhere near what we're getting a little farther up north be prepared for a long haul...

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be REAL careful around Midway, whenever I drive to it I lock the doors of the car! It's a tough area, if your at the airport you are safer staying put, forget pool..

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if you can make it south of there a few miles I'd invite you to the Illinois Billiard Club as my guest.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
traffic BAD right now. do NOT get on highways

780 AM traffic on the 8s

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
Right around midway is hit or miss. Head a little west to any bars off of archer in Garfield ridge and you'll be alright. The closest REAL place to play would be Illinois billiard club( as someone else already suggested) on Archer ave. In willow springs

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I was staying at the Hampton Inn near Midway (65xx Cicero Ave). Several other hotels in the area. Traffic was terrible, and I wouldn't have ventured to anything that wasn't within 5 minutes of there.

Hopefully another time I'll be in the area again when the weather is more cooperative, and I can make it to some of those suggested venues!

Jim

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My old neighborhood, moved into the area in 1952, played at a bar on Archer
in the late 60's early 70's. Sorry to hear it's gone down hill used to nice blue collar area.