China Open Reporting

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Kelly doesn't know what to do - everyone else is playing and she is afraid to walk out of the arean and disturb them.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Here Oscar Dominguez is on his way to victory:

P6100239.JPG

Boy, Oscar's looking more like his Dad everyday. ;)

Sorry, just couldn't resist that one. :p

Thanks for all the updates and photos!!!:thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ga Young Kim has surged ahead to 5:3 after being down 3:0.

Souquet clears up the table to move ahead 4:3

Karen Corr has managed to end up with no pocket for the six and she plays a safety leaving Vivian completely hooked. Vivian kicks it two rails and leaves Karen long and thin - Karen makes it and narrowly avoids the side pocket on teh way around the table for shape on teh nine - 5:3 Karen

Thorsten Hohmann is down 2:3 against Vegar Christiansen (I think)

Ralf's cue is blinding with all the inlay in it.

Kelly Fisher made NO MISTAKES and shot an Accu-Stats 1000!!!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The are getting ready to start a TV match. Looks like Xiao Ting Pan vs. ??? Maybe SC Chou??

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Souquet is up 5:3 and just misses the side pocket to get shape on the 2 - the 3 is tied up and he had to force the cueball two rails for any sort of shape on the 3. He makes the three in the side and if he makes the four he should be in line for the out. Textbook form - Ralf is the anti-Filipino. DeLuna in contrast has all the Filipino pool blood running hot through his stroking arm. Ralf Runs out to go up 6:3

Winner breaks makes a real difference here.

Vivian is down 6:3

Ga Young Kim is up 7:4

Interestingly the enough the loudness of the breaks are about the same for the men and the women.

mrgoochio

pool hall junkey
Silver Member
I was supposed to meet pan xiaoting ralph souquet and jeanette lee with one of the room owners that i frequent in shanghai.. but my flight was 1 week too early! we were going to shoot some balls and go out to dinner with the rest of the regulars there.. taiwan room owner are friends with them! he had those same posters hanging up in his room...... :angry:

edit: didn't read through the entire thread.. did jeanette lee make it out to the event? she was having some issues making the trip last I heard..

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ralf is breaking at 7:3 - makes a ball and has a shot on the one - but the cueball is going right into a cluster - No problem for Ralf as he weaves it right through the gap and gets shape on the 2. Tries to force position on the 3 though and comes up short and now must do a sort of piquet stop shot to play safe. Jason is stuck here and must spin kick the three - he does but leaves Ralf and open table.

Karen leads Vivian 6:4

GYK is 7:5 up but her opponent is running out.

Thorsten is 6:3 up

Fu Jian Bo China's #1 is 8:5 ahead.

Souquet gets out and is 8:3 in front of Jason Klatt.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey John thanks for the updates and pics, please tell Kelly Rack'em and the Charlotte Metro APA is pulling for her to win and Kim Shaw is doing a good job with Val at the cities.--Leonard

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Pan just plays one of the greatest safeties ever. She was close to the 9 and she thins it to the rail and freezes the cueball to the opposite. You top level players reading this wold have appreciated the shot if you saw the position.

Maybe I will set it up on CueTable later.

mrgoochio

pool hall junkey
Silver Member
woa sweet i just clicked the live link in the thread and got lucky with a live stream of pan xiaoting! damn i wish i met her :(

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Pan just plays one of the greatest safeties ever. She was close to the 9 and she thins it to the rail and freezes the cueball to the opposite. You top level players reading this wold have appreciated the shot if you saw the position.

Maybe I will set it up on CueTable later.

Interesting. I just saw that shot on the "live" stream, 9 minutes after you posted this. It must be a delayed broadcast, perhaps they are afraid of some Janet Jackson stunts - or worse?:D

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok, I am back. Had to get up for a while and go eat.

Shane vs. Neils - Neils is up 3:0 at the moment and has just received ball in hand.

Jasmin vs. Taiwan player - 0:2

GYK vs. Karen Corr 3:0

Karl Boyes vs. ??? 0:2

Jeff DeLuna is down 1:3 against a player from Japan I think.

Pan Xiao Ting and Chou 8:7 Chou I think.

Kelly will likely play on the TV table next if Pan wins.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Interesting. I just saw that shot on the "live" stream, 9 minutes after you posted this. It must be a delayed broadcast, perhaps they are afraid of some Janet Jackson stunts - or worse?:D

Could be. I am watching the live feed on the big screen. Generally the internet broadcasts are delayed anyway due to buffering times.

I think it's 8:8 now.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Pan comes up dry on the break - Chou has to try and spin the one in - misses and runs into traffic at the other end of the table - leaves XTP long. XTP tries to play safe and leaves the 1:3 wired. Chous makes the hanger but comes too far and has the duplicate of her opening shot. Now she tries to play safe and bunts the ball up table leaving Pan a full ball.

Pan tries to get cute and hide the cueball behind balls on the other end. She leaves Chou a full ball but no shot. Chous flubs the safe and leaves Pan a long straight in 1 ball. Pan nails it and gets shape on the two -

Neils goes 5:0 ahead of Shane. Winner breaks makes for some lopsided scores.

Pan is completely in line now to run out easily.Another textbook player. That's it 9:8.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Shane plays a great safety - Neils goes to the jump cue. Fairly easy jump shot here. Makes the hit and leaves Shane a full ball but no easy way to get to the 4. Shane tries to make the window and rolls just a little too long.

He plays safe and lets Neils see the whole ball but with no pocket. Neils tries to bank it??? but he double kisses and leaves Shane a shot. Shane doesn't get out and it's 6:0 Neils.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
John, what happened to Hohmann - Kristiansen. The score has been 8-10 for ages now. Vegar Kristiansen is our norwegian hope in this tournament