CNC taper/shaper machine.

67fastback

Registered
I looking for anyone who has built a CNC taper machine . Would like to get a detailed set of materials used & even see some pics of some of the builds them self. I have some ideas of what I think I need, but would like to see what some of you all have came up with .

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
If you have ideas that you think will work then just do it. Then you can keep working until you are happy. Its no fun if everything is handed to you. Screwing thing up over and over is more fun than anything.

JC

Coos Cues
Parker linear actuators ?
I need to find them 10 cents to a dollar so I can afford them.

Not Parker. China https://www.ebay.com/itm/aluminium-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The long one I have to pull back the guard and blow out the sawdust every couple of months as it infiltrates and piles up at the bottom inside. Other than that they have been very reliable and accurate thus far.

Fuyu makes a nice bracket for joining them at 90 degrees that I wasn't aware of until after I built one. If you buy the actuators ask the seller about the bracket.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Not Parker. China https://www.ebay.com/itm/aluminium-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The long one I have to pull back the guard and blow out the sawdust every couple of months as it infiltrates and piles up at the bottom inside. Other than that they have been very reliable and accurate thus far.

Fuyu makes a nice bracket for joining them at 90 degrees that I wasn't aware of until after I built one. If you buy the actuators ask the seller about the bracket.
Thanks.
Nice machine you got there .

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have ideas that you think will work then just do it. Then you can keep working until you are happy. Its no fun if everything is handed to you. Screwing thing up over and over is more fun than anything.

nevermind...........

Last edited:

67fastback

Registered

Awesome set up JC!

Reactions: JC

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JC, did you ever take the slide apart to see what's inside of it? The eBay listing doesn't show. Is it a liner bearing with a single truck? Two trucks in line? Or is it two parallel linear bearings with a ball screw in between them? Something else? I'm just curious, I'm not looking to buy, ha ha.

JC

Coos Cues
JC, did you ever take the slide apart to see what's inside of it? The eBay listing doesn't show. Is it a liner bearing with a single truck? Two trucks in line? Or is it two parallel linear bearings with a ball screw in between them? Something else? I'm just curious, I'm not looking to buy, ha ha.

Yes curiosity almost killed the cat.

I took the screws out of one end of the thin metal shield with the idea of inspecting the innards. The thing was stretched somehow on assembly to keep tension on it and the damned thing shrunk up about 1/8 of an inch and I thought I was never going to get it back together again. There is a linear ball screw in there and a bearing block but beyond that I don't recall. You can stick a knife in there and pull up the guard and see in side. That's how I blow it out. I also lube the screw from time to time on the long one with PTFE dry lube spray.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes curiosity almost killed the cat.

I took the screws out of one end of the thin metal shield with the idea of inspecting the innards. The thing was stretched somehow on assembly to keep tension on it and the damned thing shrunk up about 1/8 of an inch and I thought I was never going to get it back together again. There is a linear ball screw in there and a bearing block but beyond that I don't recall. You can stick a knife in there and pull up the guard and see in side. That's how I blow it out. I also lube the screw from time to time on the long one with PTFE dry lube spray.

Ha ha, all cats should die;)