Complete Fullsplice Build step by step

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Uh, if I could make a full splice, I wouldn't cut it off and use a dowel. I don't splice anything when I make a 'short splice' cue. I cut grooves and inlay wood and that's how most do it.

Uh, thanks for the info, i will sure sleep better tonite.

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
I was responding to: The next construction technique used is the Short Splice. In this technique the butt of a cue is constructed using a forearm that is fully spliced and then doweled to another piece of wood under the cues wrap, which in turn is doweled to the wood or materials used in the construction in the lower portion of the cue below the wrap."

Oddly, after all those pictures, someone STILL can't recognize a full splice cue.

Like I said, if I could build a full splice, why on earth would I cut it in half and use an A joint and lose the prestige of having the splice. It would double my work load when I could just cut the grooves and glue in 4 separate pieces of wood and be done for a product that would look and perform the same as a full splice cut in 2? That's why I don't even like the name 'short splice'. It isn't splicing. It's joinery.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some threads are truly worth bringing back from the dead. GREAT stuff, go to first page pictures.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
yeah Darrin is a nice Cuemaker. I ordered a Cue from him after this Thread and he make me a MONSTER. The Cue was later sold to a Collector as the Cue have some I don't want in it and he said that HE will make me a new one for a super happy Camper. He said he want that I HAVE A CUE FROM HIM and never received a new one that I would love so much. His Cue was the Best playing Cue I had and a German Cuemaker said the same.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=241538
Merry Christmas
Ralf

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the great comments. well the cue has finally made it to the spray booth and I'm vary happy with how it came out. Thanks D Hill

8pointfullsplicebuildstarttofinish008-1.jpg
[/IMG]

8pointfullsplicebuildstarttofinish001-1.jpg
[/IMG]

8pointfullsplicebuildstarttofinish005-1.jpg
[/IMG]

8pointfullsplicebuildstarttofinish006-1.jpg
[/IMG]

8pointfullsplicebuildstarttofinish004-1.jpg
[/IMG]

how do I view the photos?

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cant, unless he pays photobucket or reposts the pics. Maybe message him and ask him to email you the pics. Photobucket really messed up alot of forums.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
You cant, unless he pays photobucket or reposts the pics. Maybe message him and ask him to email you the pics. Photobucket really messed up alot of forums.

Sure you can see the pics, just go to quote the posts they were posted in and copy the links to the images.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...GljZWJ1aWxkc3RhcnR0b2ZpbmlzaDAwNC5qcGc=/?ref=

And, at least for me, after I copy/pasted the link the pictures now show up in the first post aswell.

Regards, Dave

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you use Chrome, get the extension "Photobucket Embeded Image Fix". I was able to see all of the photos.