Confession of a wayward man.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Something that started out as an April Fool's joke on a buddy, turned into something I could not live with. I persuaded Mike to go along with my charade and he reluctantly agreed to help me Punk my buddy SmorgassBored.

SmorgassBored was the REP KING and I thought it would be "funny" to see the REP KING de-throned for April Fool so I put nefarious plots in motion to see him taken down a notch. SmorgassBored is the King of REP and the King Maker. :)

He of course smelled a joke, but I wouldn't let on that it was true and I let him set a while, waiting for him to stew but he didn't. He took his de-throning like a man. :D Fellow AZers started complimenting me on my ascension to the throne and it was something I couldn't live with some I am coming clean. It was a charade, a falsehood and I am guilty for engineering this and am sorry. Smorgie is KING!

I think about the old saying by Sir Walter Scott: "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." It's ironic that all I intended to do was to have a little fun with my buddy and then the deceit turned into something I didn't expect; congratulations from my fellow AZ posters for taking over the throne. The guilt got to me rather quickly and I have tried to right the wrong I have done. Forgive me me or condemn me, it is your right. I'll gladly take Travis Trotter's place as AZ's whipping boy just so long as I don't have to live with the guilt of deceit.

I haven't been sleeping well these past few nights and I thought it was the use of my new 40" LCD Sony HD TV.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

JoeyA (needs his rest)
 
"Confessing" and feeling so badly about a truly harmless prank that could not hurt smorg personally or take any money out of his pocket says a LOT about you as a man...ALL GOOD!

Rep to you whether you want it or not!!!

(-:

Jim
 
JoeyA said:
Something that started out as an April Fool's joke on a buddy, turned into something I could not live with. I persuaded Mike to go along with my charade and he reluctantly agreed to help me Punk my buddy SmorgassBored.

SmorgassBored was the REP KING and I thought it would be "funny" to see the REP KING de-throned for April Fool so I put nefarious plots in motion to see him taken down a notch. SmorgassBored is the King of REP and the King Maker. :)

He of course smelled a joke, but I wouldn't let on that it was true and I let him set a while, waiting for him to stew but he didn't. He took his de-throning like a man. :D Fellow AZers started complimenting me on my ascension to the throne and it was something I couldn't live with some I am coming clean. It was a charade, a falsehood and I am guilty for engineering this and am sorry. Smorgie is KING!

I think about the old saying by Sir Walter Scott: "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." It's ironic that all I intended to do was to have a little fun with my buddy and then the deceit turned into something I didn't expect; congratulations from my fellow AZ posters for taking over the throne. The guilt got to me rather quickly and I have tried to right the wrong I have done. Forgive me me or condemn me, it is your right. I'll gladly take Travis Trotter's place as AZ's whipping boy just so long as I don't have to live with the guilt of deceit.

I haven't been sleeping well these past few nights and I thought it was the use of my new 40" LCD Sony HD TV.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

JoeyA (needs his rest)

Nothing wrong with a joke Joey, but by coming clean you have done everything right, others on this forum should follow this example.

Have a good day Joey!!!!
 
Very funny

What a great April Fools prank!

I think you had everyone going on this except those that were privy to the joke.

You coming clean on this, well we wouldn't expect any different from you.

Rep coming your way after I spread some around first.

Steve

Who wants some Rep?
 
That was a good one Joey. I 'll bet he's gained a few pounds in the last week. Hopefully he has seen this thread is isn't driving off a cliff or throwing himself into the ocean right now. :eek:

What do you have up your sleeve for next year? Maybe a "JoeyA's World" forum. ;)
 
Last edited:
It re-affirmed why Smorg deserves to be number 1. He was a class act throughout!

Do you think what the IPT is doing to Austin Murphy might be an April Fools joke?
 
Hey Smorg,
Does this mean you won't need that bone breaker after all? He said the $100 in umarked bills would be just fine!
 
sde said:
Who wants some Rep?

I could always use a little rep...

As for coming clean, I think that says everything about who you are. I know very few folks who are that honest over something that small. I know the rep king position isn't small, but you get what I'm saying.

Hats off to you, JoeyA! May you sleep peacefully, now that your dirty secret is out!

I'm kinda glad Smorgy is still top dog, though. Whenever I need a good laugh, I can always count on Smorgy! (I always like Fast Lenny's mini vids, too.)


Now, for the real question... What are the chances you actually fell below Smorgy on the list and posted this "confession" just to get more green and maybe pass him up, again? :eek:
 
sde said:
What a great April Fools prank!

I think you had everyone going on this except those that were privy to the joke.

You coming clean on this, well we wouldn't expect any different from you.

Rep coming your way after I spread some around first.

Steve

Who wants some Rep?


What's Rep ?
Doug
 
I am confused... honesty and a gracious loser on the internet.

The basic Newtonian foundation of my universe is unravelling.
 
And Make Fun Of Everyone Except Members Of The Clique

Now that I've thought about this April Fool's joke and been made aware that the Moderators were in on it and that they took control of the Rep function............ I'm thinking about going to start or takeover another Forum and call everyone "The Smorgass Squad."
Doug
( and we'll all post in Green and stuff..... imo ) :)




*Naw, I think I'll go watch Big Brother 9 instead.
 
JoeyA said:
Something that started out as an April Fool's joke on a buddy, turned into something I could not live with. I persuaded Mike to go along with my charade and he reluctantly agreed to help me Punk my buddy SmorgassBored.

SmorgassBored was the REP KING and I thought it would be "funny" to see the REP KING de-throned for April Fool so I put nefarious plots in motion to see him taken down a notch. SmorgassBored is the King of REP and the King Maker. :)

He of course smelled a joke, but I wouldn't let on that it was true and I let him set a while, waiting for him to stew but he didn't. He took his de-throning like a man. :D Fellow AZers started complimenting me on my ascension to the throne and it was something I couldn't live with some I am coming clean. It was a charade, a falsehood and I am guilty for engineering this and am sorry. Smorgie is KING!

I think about the old saying by Sir Walter Scott: "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." It's ironic that all I intended to do was to have a little fun with my buddy and then the deceit turned into something I didn't expect; congratulations from my fellow AZ posters for taking over the throne. The guilt got to me rather quickly and I have tried to right the wrong I have done. Forgive me me or condemn me, it is your right. I'll gladly take Travis Trotter's place as AZ's whipping boy just so long as I don't have to live with the guilt of deceit.

I haven't been sleeping well these past few nights and I thought it was the use of my new 40" LCD Sony HD TV.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

JoeyA (needs his rest)


LOL!!!!!!!!!

Well done!

I wouldn't feel bad about it. Smorgy probably got some extra sympathy rep out of it pretty much adding to his lead. :D
 
Da Poet said:
LOL!!!!!!!!!

Well done!

I wouldn't feel bad about it. Smorgy probably got some extra sympathy rep out of it pretty much adding to his lead. :D

Probably? Probably? His head is swelling by the minute. LOL
JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
Probably? Probably? His head is swelling by the minute. LOL
JoeyA

And that should keep it in proportion to his body, if the one avatar he uses (you know the one) is a photo of him. :eek: :D

Steve
 
BURP ! Excuuuuuuuuuse ME

sde said:
And that should keep it in proportion to his body, if the one avatar he uses (you know the one) is a photo of him. :eek: :D

Steve


Are you talking about the one of me sitting at the computer naked, when I was younger and in better shape ?
Sadly, I'm much heavier than that now....
Getting ready to watch Big Brother and have some pizza & hot wings & a giant banana split with the works for dessert.
Doug
( when I die, I don't want anyone looking in the coffin and saying, "look at how good he looks... imo" ) :)


* I've decided to be cremated and have my urn inscribed "I'm ALL IN And Drawing Dead"
 
Back
Top